Android-fi!
Oct 1, 2016 at 3:40 PM Post #893 of 904
I have a nexus 6 and, yes, it matters which android phone you get. I can not get my external USB dac to work. Additionally, my high res flacs get converted to 16 bit. It's quite frustrating. It's why some day I will get a ZTE axon 7. I want a phone and dap without limitations.

Oct 2, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #896 of 904
I have a nexus 6 and, yes, it matters which android phone you get. I can not get my external USB dac to work. Additionally, my high res flacs get converted to 16 bit. It's quite frustrating. It's why some day I will get a ZTE axon 7. I want a phone and dap without limitations.
Huh, I've had the exact opposite experience. I've never had any issues getting DACs to work with my Nexus 6. About the 16bit, why don't you try Neutron Player? Anyways, I doubt a difference will be heard on a mobile setup, I just convert my stuff to 320bit OPUS, and that's more transparent than what my IEMs can resolve anyways. For desktop though I understand, but I think neutron player + USB OTG to a DAC would suffice. There's also rockbox for android, but I don't know its limitations.

P.S. I just found an article online saying that as of Android 5.0, Android supports audio output up to 24/96.

Oct 16, 2016 at 12:13 AM Post #899 of 904
Does anyone have experience with Xiaomi phones?  I was thinking of getting the Redmi 3s Prime mainly because of the large 4000mah battery, but then during my research I found out that MIUI now has a backdoor exploit.  Is it really something to be worried about or 'much ado about nothing'?

I remember a couple of years ago, Xiaomi pulled a similar stunt, they were sending texts and photos back to China without the user knowing about and denied that it was happening until a computer security firm stepped in with proof, so I really do not know if Xiaomi can be trusted.

Oct 16, 2016 at 3:37 AM Post #900 of 904
  Does anyone have experience with Xiaomi phones?  I was thinking of getting the Redmi 3s Prime mainly because of the large 4000mah battery, but then during my research I found out that MIUI now has a backdoor exploit.  Is it really something to be worried about or 'much ado about nothing'?

I remember a couple of years ago, Xiaomi pulled a similar stunt, they were sending texts and photos back to China without the user knowing about and denied that it was happening until a computer security firm stepped in with proof, so I really do not know if Xiaomi can be trusted.

Does security and privacy matter to you? Do you store important data on your phone and/or use it for important tasks?
If yes then avoid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back