AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone
Oct 11, 2016 at 10:09 PM Post #3,646 of 4,058
In case you want the real ones, I am selling mine for a super reduced price and they are perfect, barely used!
Sorry for the ad to my own listing but I need the cash to finance my next purchase...

Oct 11, 2016 at 11:01 PM Post #3,647 of 4,058
The AKG K3003 comes with three filters to change the frequency response... there is a flat filter (usually the one that is in there), a treble enhancement filter (that some people prefer), and a bass enhancement filter (that folks generally don't like because it can bloat the bass).

Perhaps yours have the bass filter inside.

Oct 12, 2016 at 1:43 AM Post #3,648 of 4,058
  Hiya!, my Pair just arrived, and to be quite honest it took me some time until the AKGs made me warp out of reality, they seem very very bassy. but also tremendously beautiful with Jazz and Rock, but overall im quite dissapointed for some reason, the just don´t deliver the same quality as my T1s do, and their harsh highs will definetely need some psychological Burn-In.
Is it normal that the K 3003s sound really bassy, up to a point where it sounds bloated?
I never used proper inears before, just a pair of Kz.Ates, which had even more bloated bass.

Is it normal that Inears sound so different? or could this be a counterfeit Product? especially since my Leathercase looks differrent (its more square shaped than to the reviewd units which had a more rounded shape, the rest looks exactly the same.)

Overall im quite Impressed with their Tank-Like built and how they cover up the Noisefloor on my Fiio e 18.

What can I do about the bloated and weird bass, should I take Eqing in consideration ?
Or should i just wait until my head gets used to the bass?

Btw their clarity is amazing on some tracks... its just the bass that bothers me...

(Purchased New for 398 Dollars from a Private Seller on Ebay.!)

I have the K3003 and the T1's and do think the signature of each is pretty similar. The only way I can get a lot of bass (but not what i would describe as bloated!) is to use Comply tips. In this case the sound becomes a lot warmer and fuller, certainly making the T1's seem dry by comparison. To check if counterfeit, perhaps check what's going on inside them: remove the tips and filters and have a look down the hole to see if the transducer assembly seems all there. ie like this...

(sorry about the muck!) 

At least it's something to rule out immediately; ie if your's is different looking, then you know something's wrong, and if it's identical then you're no worse off; they may or may not be counterfeit!

Oct 12, 2016 at 2:59 AM Post #3,649 of 4,058
I found out that all the newer models have a different leather case, Its a tiny bit darker.
Overall the build quality is impecabble and every filter makes a noticable difference. They're also used and not in a new condition, This model might have been a showcase model of some sort, I contacted the seller and he claimed that he buys headphones cheap from Hi-fi Shops, usually models that do not sell to well.

The sound clarity even matches my Sig Djs and surpasses them on some tracks. Its just that bass that sometimes gets me off and the High mids-Highs that are pronounced in a very uncommon manner, they start to weigh me out after a short listening period.

Thanks for all the replies and the detailed picture btw.

Oct 12, 2016 at 3:14 AM Post #3,651 of 4,058

Sorry to say my friend, but it sounds like you have a counterfeit pair.  Nobody sells these used for that little.  Contact the seller and file a claim with ebay for a refund.  You may have to send them back to the seller or ebay to process the return to completion.

Yeah, it does sound fishy.  There are some very convincing, nice fakes that are out there, for sure!

Could you send pics of the case?Did you receive the three different filters with them positioned on a metal holder?  If they're not fakes, perhaps you have the bass filter in?  But even with the bass filter, I don't think they ever sound bloated.  The bass is near impeccable and tight.  Sure, it has a basshead level, I suppose, but its textured and not overpowering, IMO.

Oct 12, 2016 at 3:14 PM Post #3,652 of 4,058
Hey, I just came back from my Hifi Dealer, I compared the AKG K 3003 to an AK T8iE and a sennheiser IE 800, the K3003 sounded far superior to the IE 800 and on par with the AK, the AK had a warmer and richer represantation, but the K 3003 excelled at detail retrieval and Instrument seperation, the stage was also much wider on th k 3003, overall I realized that i have to get used to Iems, especially to the bass, the K3003 sounded more than amazing with Jazz, but i did not like it with EDM at all for some reason. I picked up some extra long ear-tips that also fit better.

Overall Im quite happy with the K3003, Im just used to my T1s which are on a different level (soundstage wise mostly).

Sidenote: Anyone with T1s 1gen. ; try out the 2nd gen. pads, they raise bass levels and make the soundstage a bit wider.

Thankyou for all the feed-back!

Oct 12, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #3,653 of 4,058
I am really sorry for spamming, but I am listening to the AKG k3003 now,with the new ear tips and...

WOW!

They are astonishingly good!(I also turned down my listening Volume.) Its all about the seal, they fit perfectly now and have an amazing bass response, quiet out of this world. Im thinking about selling my Ultrasones now... 
etysmile.gif

Thanks for all the replies! 

Oct 12, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #3,654 of 4,058
  I am really sorry for spamming, but I am listening to the AKG k3003 now,with the new ear tips and...

WOW!

They are astonishingly good!(I also turned down my listening Volume.) Its all about the seal, they fit perfectly now and have an amazing bass response, quiet out of this world. Im thinking about selling my Ultrasones now... 
etysmile.gif

Thanks for all the replies! 

It is perfectly fine to ask those questions on this thread.  We are a community and that is what we are all here for.  It was not at all spamming.  Back to topic,  glad you are enjoying your K3003 now.  I might get a pair someday if I can ever come up with the funds.  They would be nice for a change of pace to my Shure SE846.

Oct 13, 2016 at 8:52 AM Post #3,656 of 4,058
Quote:
  Hey, I just came back from my Hifi Dealer, I compared the AKG K 3003 to an AK T8iE and a sennheiser IE 800, the K3003 sounded far superior to the IE 800 and on par with the AK, the AK had a warmer and richer represantation, but the K 3003 excelled at detail retrieval and Instrument seperation, the stage was also much wider on th k 3003, overall I realized that i have to get used to Iems, especially to the bass, the K3003 sounded more than amazing with Jazz, but i did not like it with EDM at all for some reason. I picked up some extra long ear-tips that also fit better.

Hi I think we got a fake AKG k3003 from ebay, people in china have already notice the fake one is selling in the online market.
They also made the following to help you identify between real and counterfiet k3003

Left is fake , right is real

Fake paper will get yellowish easily due to oxidization

One the packaging  of the real item. The Harman logo have more space at the bottom.

left is fake, the right is real
The real item have flat button and the leather is brighter
The fake one have round sphere type

Underneath the leather the real one have darker leather colour, have been polish to make it smooth.

Inside the box the real one logo is flat and does not intruded inward

fake ones adapter is very flimsy

fake one does not ahve plastic bag inside the small box.

The ones from Taoboa even ahve certificate

the Fake line plastic is not well encase by the metal

The fake one middle button is not as sharp as pointy as the real one

The left one is real it has more metal extruding out

Fake k3003 driver unit.

Real driver unit notice the custom made air outlet.

Beaware fake K3003i is already selling in ebay, please spread. If you got a counterfiet item contact the seller and raise it to ebay, as it violate ebay selling policy.

Oct 13, 2016 at 8:57 AM Post #3,657 of 4,058
  Beaware fake K3003i is already selling out in ebay, please spread. If you got a counterfiet item contact the seller and raise it to ebay, as it violate ebay selling policy.

I don't intend to buy one, but thanks for this comprehensive guide.

Fascinating how convincing this counterfeit looks like, I'm sure uninformed people could get fooled easily.

Oct 13, 2016 at 7:27 PM Post #3,660 of 4,058
Hearing from these unit, it sound a bit better than very cheap earbud, but the clarity is not as good as im04, the bass is a bit too much, not refine or detail. Somehow it is worst of than the $700 RMB "Branded faked" k3003 unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back