ADEL™ Drum Earbuds
Jul 19, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #226 of 338
WooHoo new update have come at indiegogo site.

ADEL DRUM 2.0 01.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #228 of 338
No one knows. They keep "updating/improving" stuff, we may never see actual models being shipped to customers. They made a comment that they are technically on the Drum 2.0 project, yet they haven't even lauched the first version.

Aug 3, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #229 of 338
No one knows. They keep "updating/improving" stuff, we may never see actual models being shipped to customers. They made a comment that they are technically on the Drum 2.0 project, yet they haven't even lauched the first version.

They did not state that:

"The enhancements have been so extensive that it would now qualify for its own Drum 2.0 crowdfunding campaign."

However, that update was on July 19. They did state that they were ready to begin production and fulfill orders. I know they earlier stated that they were hand building each set. With only 251 backers, I would have hoped that someone would have received a shipping notice by now.

If anyone gets one, please post ion here to let us know.

Aug 11, 2017 at 4:07 PM Post #230 of 338
So, it looks like you can still get the $169 price for the base model via Indiegogo? Anybody know if this is the original or the "2.0" version?

I'm also seeing that they've partnered with Empire Ears -- waaaaaaay out of my price range, but have they partnered with anyone else?

I really, really, REALLY want to try this, but I'm hesitant to pull the $200 trigger on their website for the 1.0 model, especially now that they say the 2.0 has eliminated ambient occlusion... But there are also lots of impatient comments on the IGG page. (Seems they could use some help w/ marketing...)

----
EDIT: And now there's also something called "Apex" which seems to be the same tech? Can't be exactly the same, as ADEL is trademarked...

SO CONFUSED...

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2017 at 4:44 PM Post #231 of 338
So, it looks like you can still get the $169 price for the base model via Indiegogo? Anybody know if this is the original or the "2.0" version?

I'm also seeing that they've partnered with Empire Ears -- waaaaaaay out of my price range, but have they partnered with anyone else?

I really, really, REALLY want to try this, but I'm hesitant to pull the $200 trigger on their website for the 1.0 model, especially now that they say the 2.0 has eliminated ambient occlusion... But there are also lots of impatient comments on the IGG page. (Seems they could use some help w/ marketing...)

----
EDIT: And now there's also something called "Apex" which seems to be the same tech? Can't be exactly the same, as ADEL is trademarked...

SO CONFUSED...
Asius partnered with 64 Audio a while ago. I bought the 64 Audio U8 with ADEL module back then. The companies had some different views on certain things and broke up the partnership.
64 Audio engineered their own tech called "Apex". It's not the same as ADEL.
Some time later Asius hooked up with Empire Ears to include the ADEL tech in EE's (C)IEM's.

I've pre-ordered in summer 2016 and waiting since.... hopefully I still can get my pre-ordered Drum. I'm still looking forward to it. Very happy with the U8 and ADEL tech.

Aug 11, 2017 at 7:50 PM Post #232 of 338
Asius partnered with 64 Audio a while ago. I bought the 64 Audio U8 with ADEL module back then. The companies had some different views on certain things and broke up the partnership.
64 Audio engineered their own tech called "Apex". It's not the same as ADEL.
Some time later Asius hooked up with Empire Ears to include the ADEL tech in EE's (C)IEM's.

I've pre-ordered in summer 2016 and waiting since.... hopefully I still can get my pre-ordered Drum. I'm still looking forward to it. Very happy with the U8 and ADEL tech.

Gotcha... Thank you for the explanation!

Also, WOW... You're still waiting on your pre-order from last summer?! Damn... And I see that the campaign is still in "Prototype Mode." They were supposed to ship in February, no? I was really interested in this but ultimately opted out of IGG's emails because they don't offer any way to receive fewer emails. (Daily or nothing? What is that?!)

Anyway... This is what really threw me -- if the tech is already out there, what exactly are we waiting on from their IGG campaign?

Aug 12, 2017 at 3:39 PM Post #233 of 338
Placed my pre-order 26-7-2016.
The product keeps changing. It's for the better I'm trusting Stephen Ambrose on that. Had some mail contact a while ago hoping that my 'concerns' would lead to a bit better communication to customers. Unfortunately it has not.
I've trust in the tech and product as such but I'm worrying if I'd ever have any trouble with the unit. Only a sales/service point in the US with lacking communication. I'll wait it out.

Aug 15, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #234 of 338
Placed my pre-order 26-7-2016.
The product keeps changing. It's for the better I'm trusting Stephen Ambrose on that. Had some mail contact a while ago hoping that my 'concerns' would lead to a bit better communication to customers. Unfortunately it has not.
I've trust in the tech and product as such but I'm worrying if I'd ever have any trouble with the unit. Only a sales/service point in the US with lacking communication. I'll wait it out.

Damn... That's a hell of a wait, but I agree: this tech deserves time. I really hope it takes off.

Aug 15, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #235 of 338
Indeed, fortunately for me it isn't pre-paid. :beyersmile:

With Trinity Audio it was kinda like the same situation. Got a refund in the end.

Aug 15, 2017 at 9:35 PM Post #236 of 338
Gotcha... Thank you for the explanation!

Also, WOW... You're still waiting on your pre-order from last summer?! Damn... And I see that the campaign is still in "Prototype Mode." They were supposed to ship in February, no? I was really interested in this but ultimately opted out of IGG's emails because they don't offer any way to receive fewer emails. (Daily or nothing? What is that?!)

Anyway... This is what really threw me -- if the tech is already out there, what exactly are we waiting on from their IGG campaign?

curleyfrei,

Do you know how indiegogo works?
Someone has a concept of an idea. They then ask for people to invest, or fund, the project. Most projects are not, technically, pre-orders. You are giving your money in the hopes of their project becoming reality. In return, they offer you a discount on the project, should it ever become reality.

Aug 15, 2017 at 9:40 PM Post #238 of 338
curleyfrei,

Someone has a concept of an idea. They then ask for people to invest, or fund, the project. Most projects are not, technically, pre-orders. You are giving your money in the hopes of their project becoming reality. In return, they offer you a discount on the project, should it ever become reality.
Well, golly. I guess I didn't know how it works! Thanks.

Aug 17, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #239 of 338
curleyfrei,

Correct but this project keeps grinding along with very little communication. My pre-order was months before even the Indiegogo campaign was started.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back