Acoustune HS1501 AL / HS1551 CU
Jul 13, 2017 at 5:09 AM Post #16 of 220
1. No sibilance or harshness - extension in the highs is very good but neither prominent nor peaky
2. Layering is good
3. Mids definitely not recessed, fairly balanced signature with a very mild pyramidal frequency preception. Great for easy listening while able to qualify for critical sessions.
4. Got it for a hair north of $400

your description is intriguing me, so you would rate it as a totl dynamic iem, can i ask did u have the chance to listen to the vega and xelento and based on that u gave your impression

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2017 at 5:23 AM Post #17 of 220
your description is intriguing me, so you would rate a totl dynamic iem, can i ask did u have the chance to listen to the vega and xelento and based on that u gave your impression

How you phrased your question is intriguing me..............not quite sure I follow.

Anyway my Vega had been in my rotation ever since its release, and I have owned the T8ie mkii for quite some time before flipping it and had listened to the Xelento for extended periods as I have been seriously contemplating getting a pair at one point (but in the end didn't for some reason).

Jul 13, 2017 at 5:26 AM Post #18 of 220
How you phrased your question is intriguing me..............not quite sure I follow.

Anyway my Vega had been in my rotation ever since its release, and I have owned the T8ie mkii for quite some time before flipping it and had listened to the Xelento for extended periods as I have been seriously contemplating getting a pair at one point (but in the end didn't for some reason).
u have some solid totl iems and I will trust your judgement, now the question is from where can i buy it for about 400 usd, as the price on amazon is way over priced then and that is even for the lower model

https://www.amazon.com/Acoustune-earphone-Domestic-genuine-products/dp/B071GBXLF3

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2017 at 5:59 AM Post #19 of 220
u have some solid totl iems and I will trust your judgement, now the question is from where can i buy it for about 400 usd, as the price on amazon is way over priced then and that is even for the lower model

https://www.amazon.com/Acoustune-earphone-Domestic-genuine-products/dp/B071GBXLF3

For me I love how the Vega sounds and fits but I have always wondered why the flagship of the Campfire lineup got the most bland look of all...............for that reason I'm always on the lookout for some cooler looking top dynamics. If you also have some totl dynamics then you probably dun need it - it's a matter of signature preference. But yes it sounds as great as any totl dynamics sound and gotta be one of the coolest looking (though maybe a bit weird for some) iems out there.

Right now the sale channels seem quite restricted and but as usual there should be good deals with your fav and most familiar dealer out there.

Jul 14, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #20 of 220
For me I love how the Vega sounds and fits but I have always wondered why the flagship of the Campfire lineup got the most bland look of all...............for that reason I'm always on the lookout for some cooler looking top dynamics. If you also have some totl dynamics then you probably dun need it - it's a matter of signature preference. But yes it sounds as great as any totl dynamics sound and gotta be one of the coolest looking (though maybe a bit weird for some) iems out there.

Right now the sale channels seem quite restricted and but as usual there should be good deals with your fav and most familiar dealer out there.
u having the u18 is I assume one of the top totl out there, it amazes me how you still can get impressed with iems that cost 400 usd

i know its not always about price, but if i buy the u18 and still find that an iem that costs 400 usd gives me huge satisfaction i would immediately sell the u18

Jul 16, 2017 at 11:13 PM Post #21 of 220
u having the u18 is I assume one of the top totl out there, it amazes me how you still can get impressed with iems that cost 400 usd

i know its not always about price, but if i buy the u18 and still find that an iem that costs 400 usd gives me huge satisfaction i would immediately sell the u18

Different people got different perspectives I guess :beerchug:

For me this is how I enjoy the hobby - always keep one pair or 2 (regardless of design) as the absolute benchmark and reference (U18 and MH335DWSR in my case), then one pair of topdogs in each school of design (dynamics, hybrids, pure BA) for switch of moods, then go out and try the rest and buy those interesting designs that I admire. I mostly get the flagships (i.e. $400 flagships, but not $400 trimmed-down siblings of some $3000 flagships), and price is not always representative of status and quality as some flagships of some brands costs way less than flagships of other brands but are still the heart of soul of that particular brand and is representative of their philosophy. And price is (and should be) directly related to production costs, which often but not necessarily relates to overall quality. Using an exotic and expensive material as driver diaphram (thereby driving up the costs) doesn't necessarily means better sound than a carefully-calculated, well-manufactured, cheaper (R&D included) but accoustically superior material that is coupled with other parts in perfection. For one my current topdog hybrid is still Sony Z5 (which also costs a lot less than the U18) which I still found hard to beat, especially when paired with the WM1s. Satisfaction should be multi-faceted - I am always proud to learn the philosophies behind designs and share it with friends, and that has nothing to do with costs.

On another thread I told people how much I enjoyed the intime Sora, a pure-bred Japanese-branded-and-developed-(but-of-course-made-in-China) coaxial piezo-dynamic hybrid (which is the only product of the brand which only focuses on piezo systems) that costs $80 on Amazon but could be had around $60 in Japan. Lovely sound, not the best of the world, not giant killer or whatever silly title people likes to slap on them, just an admirable and rather innovative design that offers plain lovely sound (for similar designs neither Radius nor RHA outdoes them IMHO).

The Acoustune somehow represents how simple and oldskool design concepts could achieve new heights as long as you dare to put in the guts and efforts - diaphram materials, anti-vibration metal enclosures, and damper designs (both physical and air chambers). And a cool-looking design never hurts.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2017 at 3:06 AM Post #22 of 220
Just got my own pair from Zeppelin & Co. in Singapore, and initial impressions are stellar. These are warm-bassy, but the unique quality is definitely the bass. It doesn't flex its muscles until called upon, and on tracks with huge bass kicks, these perform amazingly, but on songs with vocals and instrumentals, they shine well, smooth and musical. These are far from neutral, and won't be a pick if you want something that is flat. Treble isn't the best, and that's something that mght put some people off. These do treble alright, but don't sparkle like some other brighter iems - these are very warm indeed.

Jul 17, 2017 at 3:42 AM Post #23 of 220
Just got my own pair from Zeppelin & Co. in Singapore, and initial impressions are stellar. These are warm-bassy, but the unique quality is definitely the bass. It doesn't flex its muscles until called upon, and on tracks with huge bass kicks, these perform amazingly, but on songs with vocals and instrumentals, they shine well, smooth and musical. These are far from neutral, and won't be a pick if you want something that is flat. Treble isn't the best, and that's something that mght put some people off. These do treble alright, but don't sparkle like some other brighter iems - these are very warm indeed.

Your impression mostly resembles mine except I found there is a fair bit of sparkle in it, but not very prominent. Not the most sparkly but far from dark. I like how the presence range is solidly reproduced but not brought forward to add false sparkle. Will see how it goes later on.

Warm and bassy is a fair description of the overall signature. The bass is the impactful type, not the thick and room-filling type.

Jul 17, 2017 at 4:31 AM Post #24 of 220
Your impression mostly resembles mine except I found there is a fair bit of sparkle in it, but not very prominent. Not the most sparkly but far from dark. I like how the presence range is solidly reproduced but not brought forward to add false sparkle. Will see how it goes later on.

Warm and bassy is a fair description of the overall signature. The bass is the impactful type, not the thick and room-filling type.

Oh these are in no way dark, but my impressions are that treble is in a nice spot where it's sufficiently laid back for me, and doesn't terrorise my ears. It retains enough detail to satisfy me.

Jul 17, 2017 at 11:34 PM Post #25 of 220
Oh these are in no way dark, but my impressions are that treble is in a nice spot where it's sufficiently laid back for me, and doesn't terrorise my ears. It retains enough detail to satisfy me.

Agree.

One thing to note though is probably due to its design of ports the isolation can only be said to be acceptable. OK for commute but probably need to crank up the volume a bit for noisier environments.

Jul 18, 2017 at 4:38 AM Post #26 of 220
Agree.

One thing to note though is probably due to its design of ports the isolation can only be said to be acceptable. OK for commute but probably need to crank up the volume a bit for noisier environments.

Very true! Although the port was well hidden, it's still not the best isolating iem. And yea, some volume does help alleviate it.

Another gripe - the shells aren't a 100% tight fit on the chamber itself, so it can rattle a bit

Jul 19, 2017 at 4:16 PM Post #27 of 220

Gave myself more time to it, and I get what you mean now, the sparkle is definitely there, I was just lost in the vocals and bass to notice, but now that I've adjusted to the sound, I'm loving the easy treble too, sparkly but not sharp or too bright

Jul 24, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #28 of 220
from where can i buy the cu one for 400 usd as I am really curious, really they need to pump up their online game a bit

Jul 31, 2017 at 3:08 AM Post #29 of 220
Been about 2 weeks since I got these, and boy do they continue to impress. Resolution is there, bass is impactful and quick enough to fool some people, mids are pretty sweet, highs are sparkly but not to the point of sibilance, and the overall tonality is smooth and flowy. Still my go to lounging IEM.

Aug 10, 2017 at 11:20 PM Post #30 of 220
I tried both versions at Zeppelin yesterday. Fantastic. So solid. And the packaging is insane. It cries "premium". But due to the housing design and their weight they are absolutely unwearable for me.So I went home with a pair of Etymotics ER4XR...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back