Absolute best budget earbuds?
May 22, 2017 at 8:38 PM Post #1,291 of 2,999
No because the stock Vido is so good that I didn't even bother to mod but hmm let me try it :)

Edit: Well my mod seems to work on Vido too. The treble now has more definition and extents more while the midrange is pushed back only a tiny bit thus making the overall sound more balanced. I'll leave the Blu-tac permanently so I recommend my mod :)

I tried it the other time but it didnt seem to work for me. But the stock Vido is already good :wink:

Anw i always try this mod on all my MX500 shell buds if needed lol.

May 22, 2017 at 10:21 PM Post #1,292 of 2,999
Ahh Mr David i have yet to learn how to braid the cables. I havent really read one of the subscribed threads (too lazy) lol.

Either ways how do u find the recabled Qian25 vs the Vido?

Here's the video that I used as a reference for making a 4 strand round braid -

I've been swapping back & forth between the rewired (4-strand cable) Qian25 and rewired (8-strand cable) Vido (both with Hiegi donut foams), on my Cayin N3, playing some music from the Celtic Progressive Rock Band - Iona - Beyond These Shores (1993) CD. The opening track, "Prayer on the Mountain", has some delicate percussion (rattles/bells/rain stick) and a low whistle, and then it goes into the second track, "Treasure", with a full band (drums, bass, guitars, keyboards, vocals). Even with the differences in the cables, I'm not really hearing any big differences between the two earbuds.

May 23, 2017 at 1:11 AM Post #1,293 of 2,999
Well my mod seems to work on Vido too. The treble now has more definition and extents more while the midrange is pushed back only a tiny bit thus making the overall sound more balanced. I'll leave the Blu-tac permanently so I recommend my mod :)

Excellent news:gs1000smile: I will try, have 2 more Vidos coming in as side kicks and for comparison. I think that in the original mod you filled the cable hole from the inside too, am I right? - Did you do that?

May 23, 2017 at 3:50 AM Post #1,294 of 2,999
Excellent news:gs1000smile: I will try, have 2 more Vidos coming in as side kicks and for comparison. I think that in the original mod you filled the cable hole from the inside too, am I right? - Did you do that?

No I only put a tiny bit blutac inside the middle hole from the outside. You don't have to open the shell for this

May 23, 2017 at 7:10 AM Post #1,295 of 2,999
Here's the video that I used as a reference for making a 4 strand round braid -

I've been swapping back & forth between the rewired (4-strand cable) Qian25 and rewired (8-strand cable) Vido (both with Hiegi donut foams), on my Cayin N3, playing some music from the Celtic Progressive Rock Band - Iona - Beyond These Shores (1993) CD. The opening track, "Prayer on the Mountain", has some delicate percussion (rattles/bells/rain stick) and a low whistle, and then it goes into the second track, "Treasure", with a full band (drums, bass, guitars, keyboards, vocals). Even with the differences in the cables, I'm not really hearing any big differences between the two earbuds.

Guess i have to source some cheap cables to do the braiding.

Hmm but at the price point i guess the Vido is more worth it? Since the form factor is similar. But from the older reviews my impression for the Qian25 is bassy with little trebles. Maybe i have rembed wrongly lol

May 23, 2017 at 8:09 AM Post #1,296 of 2,999
1392745503-80988902.jpg 18516121_1017991508330783_501301909_n.jpg ???

Last edited:
May 23, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #1,299 of 2,999
Only pics.. some new stuff coming..

New stuff! I see we may have some new buds from NiceHCK! I just finalized another order with NiceHCK (bought more Vidos...I will have 4 pairs...just in case). I think it is interesting that a lot of his stuff takes on the NiceHCK branding. Does NiceHCK just rebrand stuff? Do they have bigger aspirations? Anybody know anything about NiceHCK?

May 23, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #1,300 of 2,999
DSC_0014-01.jpeg
Recabled the Vido white and the Vido blue. The Vido white i used the old benjie cables and i switched the copper cable from the white to blue. And also changed the jack to a rhodium one.

Now the blue has so much bass :s and the white one sound more tamed which mighr be good. Shall give them another round of listening tmr!

Last edited:
May 23, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #1,301 of 2,999
New stuff! I see we may have some new buds from NiceHCK! I just finalized another order with NiceHCK (bought more Vidos...I will have 4 pairs...just in case). I think it is interesting that a lot of his stuff takes on the NiceHCK branding. Does NiceHCK just rebrand stuff? Do they have bigger aspirations? Anybody know anything about NiceHCK?

If you use Facebook, you can find "Jim NiceHCK" in the Earbuds Anonymous group, and can ask him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back