THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread.
Sep 10, 2014 at 12:50 AM Post #2,026 of 2,209

someone ( lookin at you cardboard ) needs to do a list of all the hyped stuff under such hyperbolic categories such as
  1. best kept secret
  2. giant killer
  3. bang for buck
  4. sub $100 awesomereseter
  5. sub $50 insanity
  6. budget wonder
  7. new hybrid wonder
  8. game changing
  9. NEW best
  10. Hidden Gem

and so on

list the iems/cans, associated hype title ( or multiple ones ), length of time in weeks before it is no longer mentioned ( and whatever else ).

^
Here we go!!! DAT DGS100 HYPERBOLE.
popcorn.gif

+

+

+

+

+

+

+

+

+

^
One deadman hype show boi!!! : P

All your reactions are like mine. Good to know. lol.

^
Flogship killa'???
.... discuss. 
happy_face1.gif

PFFT. the 5.5 inch will obliterate the competition. The 1080p retina display and that nice 2915 mAh capacity. Just marvelous. TIS THINNER THAN MY LG I AM NOW DEPRESSED FOR BUYING THIS PIECE OF SHI.

Sep 10, 2014 at 1:34 AM Post #2,030 of 2,209
  All your reactions are like mine. Good to know. lol.

PFFT. the 5.5 inch will obliterate the competition. The 1080p retina display and that nice 2915 mAh capacity. Just marvelous. TIS THINNER THAN MY LG I AM NOW DEPRESSED FOR BUYING THIS PIECE OF SHI.

^
LoL the new iphone 6/+ release is pretty underwhelming like it has been since the iphone 4. tbh.

Apple has pigeon hole themselves in terms of design with that dumb home button/finger scanner crap. That bezel is MASSIVE top and bottom cuz of it. Another lazy release just like Same/Shamesungs releases since the Galaxy S2. No body really wants it, or is making game changers cuz everyone is happy with their minor upgrades/ changes, yes Sony is extremely guilty of this as well. Nokia and MS is not doing anything worthwhile. LMAO

Chinese phone companies are improving much faster just like their parallels in the audio gear market so hope we will see a true game changer soon. haha

Here hoping. :  )

Me be Resistance Leader...lol

^
Think you might actually be the 1st ones to fall. haha :wink:

Sep 10, 2014 at 1:44 AM Post #2,032 of 2,209
  @Wokei  is this the HQ of the resistance? 
ph34r.gif

@sfwalcer    Nice thread.. Sobering to say the least. 
beerchug.gif

^
LoL thanks for the kind words. There are a few hype posts scattered here and there.
ph34r.gif

i would like to actually think i put in work into this thang and wasn't just messin' around like 99% of the tyme and that it actually makes a difference in the long run......................... a guy can dream can't he???
bigsmile_face.gif

Sep 10, 2014 at 2:02 AM Post #2,036 of 2,209

^

LoL the new iphone 6/+ release is pretty underwhelming like it has been since the iphone 4. tbh.

Apple has pigeon hole themselves in terms of design with that dumb home button/finger scanner crap. That bezel is MASSIVE top and bottom cuz of it. Another lazy release just like Same/Shamesungs releases since the Galaxy S2. No body really wants it, or is making game changers cuz everyone is happy with their minor upgrades/ changes, yes Sony is extremely guilty of this as well. Nokia and MS is not doing anything worthwhile. LMAO

Chinese phone companies are improving much faster just like their parallels in the audio gear market so hope we will see a true game changer soon. haha

Here hoping. :  )

Speaking of which, have you heard about the new Xiaomi pad? http://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_pad_7_9-review-1121.php

THIS IS A BADASS CHINESE TABLET! 

Anyway, I agree with the apple comments you wrote. I do not enjoy the fact that Apple neglects to fix the annoying bezel problem, and even then increase its size! Shamesung is Samsuck all the time imo, except for the note serious. That I respect since it is the only phablet I've seen so far lol. I have to take a look at the Oppo, Huawei, and other chinese offerings to see if they created a phablet worthy of purchasing.

I actually thought Sony did good with their mini phone. The bezel though...that is the only thing that puts me off. Nokia is meh to me, I completely forget its existence sometimes lol.

But the Chinese phone and tablet companies are awesome. I sure hope someone has a huawei tablet since I am eyeing the beauty of the battery life, screen contrast, display (beautiful and high resolution that competes against samsung's note 8.0 tablet), and is around $300 for purchasing. I swear, that tablet deserves recognition and so do the phone products that come from these companies.

Anyway, back on topic. :p OH wait, I can hype my own schitt.

Here is an lg g3. It obliterates the competition, especially the apple phone 5s. I tried that phone from my father, but as soon as I laid my hands on that SEXY METAL BODY OF THE LG G3, I FELT INVIGORATED.

There, hype created from short hand experience of an audition at a at-t store. I forgot to mention, the phone contains 20 hours of burn in, I added an extra hour to it. Making it an aggregate amount of 21 hours of burn in, and the screen's sharpness decreased to a non-fault (sharpness issues, psh), the at-t employees stated that the battery run time was around 4 hours of continuous use, but with my usage, they said that the hour I put into the phone only decreased its battery percentage by 5. HAH! I can see it having 18 hours of screen on time.

(THIS IS ALL A HOAX, A JOKE)

Anyway, I hope everyone here can revitalize this thread. It surely needs it.

Sep 10, 2014 at 2:19 AM Post #2,038 of 2,209
  THIS IS A BADASS CHINESE TABLET! ...

^
ehhh thats a Xiaomi Mi Pad you just linked. LMAO
rolleyes.gif

The new huawei phablet looks pretty good, but still looks like a cheap apple/samsung copy cat though... plus judging from their past history they don't really have that great of a support for their phones unlike meizu or xiaomi.

Speaking of Meizu their MX4 looks pretty bad arse and clearly out classes the new iphone 6 in terms of design even though theirs is a copy of apple design language as well.....

http://www.gizchina.com/2014/09/09/hands-comparison-iphone-6-vs-chinese-phones/

But i ain't paying no $500 smackers for some Chinese phones meng, esp. ones without a removable battery/ no micro sd card slot smh. They also copies Apples schitty ways as well, sigh.
http://www.gizchina.com/2014/09/09/meizu-mx4-costs-449-international-customers/

Hype looks like a full force gale ......unlike IS-1 .....ahem !

^
haha ikr, he is also hyping these DGS100s as well which has me kinda concerned about how legit they are. LoL 

Sep 10, 2014 at 2:24 AM Post #2,039 of 2,209
  Anyway, I hope everyone here can revitalize this thread. It surely needs it.

^
Actually i kinda like it this way, less work for me. : P

Anywho back to the hype....

Dat force is STRONG with this one.
triportsad.gif

1. [img]http://cdn.head-fi.org/3/3a/100x100px-LS-3a256d23_prd_028148.jpeg[/img]
  1. eke2k6
  2. Analogies As Only eke2k6 Does 'Em!
  3. badge_headphoneusSupremus.v2411770217.png

After a few days of listening...yep, Rockets > ASG-2(.5). Even in vocals, where I thought the ASG-2 was untouchable.

Only problem is that the Rockets seem to be misbranded. The shells appear to be made of unobtainium instead of titanium.

also, this driver seems to be quick as hell. 

^
D'YAM i wanna hear these Rocket Probellers BAD!!! haha

Sep 10, 2014 at 2:24 AM Post #2,040 of 2,209
  ^
ehhh thats a Xiaomi Mi Pad you just linked. LMAO
rolleyes.gif

Speaking of Meizu their MX4 looks pretty bad arse and clearly out classes the new iphone 6 in terms of design even though theirs is a copy of apple design language as well.....

http://www.gizchina.com/2014/09/09/hands-comparison-iphone-6-vs-chinese-phones/

But i ain't paying no $500 smackers for some Chinese phones meng, esp. ones without a removable battery/ no micro sd card slot smh. They also copies Apples schitty ways as well, sigh.
http://www.gizchina.com/2014/09/09/meizu-mx4-costs-449-international-customers/

^
haha ikr, he is also hyping these DGS100s as well which has me kinda concerned about how legit they are. LoL 

Right, the xiamoi. I do not know why, but I get xiamoi and huawei mixed up lol.

That is a bad ash looking phone. Unfortunate it is not budget friendly for the features we gain from the meizu.

I do not understand the ivery hype either, I wish it was a legit thing to b ehonest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back