The discovery thread!
May 24, 2013 at 8:38 AM Post #10,051 of 101,624
Great work! I've posted my initial thoughts on the thread...
Looking forward to more reviews on the Bassos and initial impressions on the Tenore's.

Saw your post mate, thanks very much for contributing to the thread.

My Tenore's have been sent out already, so hopefully my impressions will come at the end of next week.

Woo, they are on their way! :D

May 24, 2013 at 9:56 AM Post #10,053 of 101,624
May 24, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #10,054 of 101,624
Quote:
Just wanted to post a sweet price for some JVC FX3Xs. They are one hell of a nice "bass" iem. Much more refined in the treble regions and overall musicality than the FX1Xs for only like ~$20 shipped. Listening to them right now and man on man do these sound sweet. Tempted to get the newer all black and red versions, just too bad the red one in real life looks ugly as hell. :  (

Damn so tempting...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-JVC-FX3X-R-Xtreme-Xplosives-Inner-Ear-Headphones-Deep-Bass-HA-FX3X-RED-/300892176553?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item460e9240a9

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-JVC-FX3X-B-Xtreme-Xplosives-Inner-Ear-Headphones-Deep-Bass-HA-FX3X-B-/300892176361?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item460e923fe9

They seem to be the real deal in retail package and all as well. These i imagine is even more bang for the buck then the Zero Audios esp. for their low price now. Gonna make some friends buy them for sure. haha

deadhorse.gif

There seem to be many sellers for around $20 shipped:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?LH_BIN=1&_sop=15&_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=ha-fx3x&LH_PrefLoc=0

Is there anything better for $20?  Are these better than the COR150?

May 24, 2013 at 11:48 AM Post #10,055 of 101,624
Quote:
Pissssh he and what army. Oh right that cheapo TDK army of his.
triportsad.gif
LMAO : P

Should be an interesting shootout, but the Vsonic is gonna come out on top for it's technical abilities and the FX3X is gonna in 3rd place for it's pretty refined fun bassy sound right behind that even more refined Zero Audio Bassos i predict. Oh and those TDK belongs in the trash bin where ALL TDKs belong.
tongue.gif

Do you really think the VSD1 will be better than the Zero Audio Bassos?!?

May 24, 2013 at 12:26 PM Post #10,056 of 101,624
Just know I am going to miss the UPS driver when he tries to deliver. I live in one of those apartment buildings without a service desk or place for UPS to drop packages.

May 24, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #10,057 of 101,624
Quote:
Just know I am going to miss the UPS driver when he tries to deliver. I live in one of those apartment buildings without a service desk or place for UPS to drop packages.

Ask them to leave it with a neighbour?

May 24, 2013 at 12:55 PM Post #10,059 of 101,624
Quote:
Yeah, same
smile.gif

Ah ok mate, weird that yours took less time to arrive.

Tried them on my SoundMAGIC E10s today and they are extremely comfortable as well as improving the overall frequency response, sadly though the shape of the E10 means I cant push them in very far. So I've gone back to using double-flanges.

Saying that, pretty sure the Hybrids will be perfect on my Carbo Tenores which will arrive next week at some point. As well as the Vsonic VSD1 which I'm planning to order over the weekend.

May 24, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #10,060 of 101,624

Ask them to leave it with a neighbour?

HA! They won't even knock. If I don't have the lobby door standing wide open they'll leave a notice and scram. I've left it open with a rock but it's only time before the other tenants close it because it's going to start raining soon.

May 24, 2013 at 1:25 PM Post #10,061 of 101,624
Quote:

As far as my listening enjoyment is concerned, I seem to be enjoying the Basso's as much as the gr07be's. I am going to do more listening before I make any crazy proclamations (and get accused of being crazy), but that at least tells you how much I am enjoying the Basso's. I have a feeling though that the VSD1's are going to be a very pleasant surprise as well. We will see!

May 24, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #10,062 of 101,624
Quote:

As far as my listening enjoyment is concerned, I seem to be enjoying the Basso's as much as the gr07be's. I am going to do more listening before I make any crazy proclamations (and get accused of being crazy), but that at least tells you how much I am enjoying the Basso's. I have a feeling though that the VSD1's are going to be a very pleasant surprise as well. We will see!

Didin't someone already accuse you of that before lmao

May 24, 2013 at 1:36 PM Post #10,063 of 101,624
Quote:
There seem to be many sellers for around $20 shipped:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?LH_BIN=1&_sop=15&_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=ha-fx3x&LH_PrefLoc=0

Is there anything better for $20?  Are these better than the COR150?

I personally wouldn't buy the older version with the red cables, cuz there are a lot of fakes of these around. The seller i posted seems to be the most legit and is selling from Hong Kong instead of China. I don't trust mainland sellers from China esp. if you plan to buy the older red cord versions.

These FX3Xs should sound better than the COR150s, but i am not sure. They sure are built better from the looks of those cheapo ATHs that's for sure.

Quote:

It is just all assumptions but if the VSD1 indeed has like 80% of the sound of the gr07s then they SHOULD be better than the Bassos. But that crazy WAYNE is saying the bassos does it for him just like the gr07 BEs so...... haha

Quote:

"Accuse" i am directly telling him to his face!!!
tongue.gif

May 24, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #10,064 of 101,624
Quote:

No, never!!!  Well, maybe once or twice (or more)..

Quote:
These FX3Xs should sound better than the COR150s, but i am not sure. They sure are built better from the looks of those cheapo ATHs that's for sure.

One thing that might be really handy about them is that they supposedly isolate really well. For that reason, they might be good for the noisy gym. I like the Basso's and 1K's for the gym (although with the latter it is hard to fit through the doors unless I turn my head sideways). Even though they don't isolate super well, they both have a very nice bass and full sound which can drown out the external noises even when played at moderate volume. But the more isolating FX3X's will be nice to try (assuming they don't suck lol!).

Quote:
It is just all assumptions but if the VSD1 indeed has like 80% of the sound of the gr07s then they SHOULD be better than the Bassos. But that crazy WAYNE is saying the bassos does it for him just like the gr07 BEs so...... haha

"Accuse" i am directly telling him to his face!!!
tongue.gif

Ok, guilty as charged!

May 24, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #10,065 of 101,624
Quote:

No, never!!!  Well, maybe once or twice (or more)..

One thing that might be really handy about them is that they supposedly isolate really well. For that reason, they might be good for the noisy gym. I like the Basso's and 1K's for the gym (although with the latter it is hard to fit through the doors unless I turn my head sideways). Even though they don't isolate super well, they both have a very nice bass and full sound which can drown out the external noises even when played at moderate volume. But the more isolating FX3X's will be nice to try (assuming they don't suck lol!).

Ok, guilty as charged!

Yeah they isolate REALLY well, esp. since they are open back which is pretty shocking. I use them all the time when i play Bball indoors and it blocks out most of the noise. It gets LOUD cuz the court is packed with peps and balls flying everywhere. Was vacuuming the other day with these on and i can hardly hear the vacuum even on moderate volumes when the music is on.  So i would say they are a perfect beater set of iems for on the go and gym use, as well as other noisy activities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back