The discovery thread!
May 24, 2013 at 3:59 PM Post #10,081 of 103,559
Quote:

Nice packaging!

Nice can't wait for initial impressions.
popcorn.gif

May 24, 2013 at 4:00 PM Post #10,082 of 103,559
May 24, 2013 at 4:02 PM Post #10,083 of 103,559
That packaging looks very striking!

Lets hope it resembles the performance within 
size]

May 24, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #10,085 of 103,559
Lol, my 385 arrived today as well. once the rain dies down I'm going to pick them up

I'm extremely sleepy, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that these probably aren't related to the Xears. Now when I say that I don't mean they sound bad because to me it's quite the contrary but I'm not hearing that extreme bass hump that was being described for the Xears. Now, I'm going to go back and read the first Coolcore v2 impressions, but I an safely say that I "think"--currently distorted from no sleep--that these do push above their tier level. I clearly hear the instrument separation. The highs are good, but somewhat veiled. The bass is impactful, but definitely not "bloated", and the Mids are pretty sweet. Now I said there wasn't an extreme bass hump but I can see how these are geared toward bass heads. I'm going to let them burn in and give another impression when I get up.

Let me know your impression when you get a chance to listen.

Oh, they are quiet, but that is probably just my laptops equalizer. (Dolby ruins every except movies)

Scratch everything I said above; It had to be the 98DB working against my laptop. Maybe not giving it enough amp to output it's true potential. This is the sound signature from my D2 & HTC One S:

The highs are not veiled at all! This headphone has extremely good lows. It isn't as impactful as I was first lead to believe, but it is detailed & can easily keep up with the rest of the spectrum. The lows also seems to be more of a CKS77 kind-of thumpie mid range bass instead of a deep punch. Though, it can pack a punch on songs that require it and I believe with a good burn-in the low will become tight and well rounded. This and the quality mid range that isn't veiled at all by the lows. I haven't really tested the field of depth with the headphones, but can say that I am really in love with the separation! I'm going to let it burn in while I sleep & test the sound stage and depth when I wake up. What I like is that nothing seems to overpower anything else, but it still retains a kind-of warm sweetness that I never got from the cold FX40s.

May 24, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #10,086 of 103,559
Quote:
Dude you asked that in ClieOS comparison thread.

It was a similar question; in that thread, I was asking about sound signatures.  In this thread, I was asking about the specific models that we've been discussing.

May 24, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #10,087 of 103,559
Quote:
It was a similar question; in that thread, I was asking about sound signatures.  In this thread, I was asking about the specific models that we've been discussing.

The best way to learn what you really like in a sound is by hearing a model for yourself. If you like the sound of the HA-S500..The CKNs and FXDs are similar in that regard but it will be a matter of how much bass mids and highs you like with your sound...

On a side note. My week was crazy I had 5 exams any my vision is blurry from all the reading I did.. I need to get into some music which I will do tonight. Glad the thread is moving along..Look forward to the new iem impressions..

May 24, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #10,088 of 103,559
I'm a purist at heart; I want to hear what the sound mixer intended for me to hear.  Which one of these recently discussed IEMs would be best for me, VSD1, CKN70, DX210, COR150, FX3X, etc?  My head is spinning.  I wish there was a store where I could listen to all of these :D

How would you know you were hearing what the sound mixer intended even if you did listen to all of them?

Mine still hasn't shown up yet. It's approaching 4PM. Normally he shows up around 1:30. I hope his truck hasn't broken down again.--last time I was eagerly waiting for a package his truck broke down and I ended up waiting until after 5 o'clock. :rolleyes:

I've said it once I'll say it again.... Fedex > USPS > Kicking the package to the destination > UPS

Wow this must differ by area. UPS in my areas is miles above the others. Except when ordering EMS from abroad. Then I get first priority delivery time in the morning and when I missed it, they tried again at the end of the day. That was nice of USPS, so points. FedEx has historically been pretty bad for me.

May 24, 2013 at 6:07 PM Post #10,089 of 103,559
Quote:
The best way to learn what you really like in a sound is by hearing a model for yourself. If you like the sound of the HA-S500..The CKNs and FXDs are similar in that regard but it will be a matter of how much bass mids and highs you like with your sound...

On a side note. My week was crazy I had 5 exams any my vision is blurry from all the reading I did.. I need to get into some music which I will do tonight. Glad the thread is moving along..Look forward to the new iem impressions..

Damn Ds that sucks, hope you ace all of them.
beerchug.gif

Ya mon go do some nice relaxin' with some music listening. What is your "go to" set of cans and iems nowadays when you have time to listen??? I am thinking it would be those CKS1Ks for iems. haha

May 24, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #10,090 of 103,559
Damn Ds that sucks, hope you ace all of them. :beerchug:

Ya mon go do some nice relaxin' with some music listening. What is your "go to" set of cans and iems nowadays when you have time to listen??? I am thinking it would be those CKS1Ks for iems. haha

I bet his go to IEMs are the Bassos at the moment. :p

May 24, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #10,091 of 103,559
Quote:
Damn Ds that sucks, hope you ace all of them.
beerchug.gif

Ya I had all my stuff in my man cave and the wife decided it was messy so she did what women do and put my headies and earphones away while I was at school..I have no idea where all my stuff is. Lol.

I have in my ears right now my CKS77s. I mostly use these on my laptop for gaming.  Makes for the perfect laptop earphones because of the big stage and bass on them.. As far as school goes I am hanging in there. I never thought I would actually enjoy school but I find myself oddly liking what I am learning which is a good thing.

Don't know if it is just me but I am thoroughly confused on the corecool and the look alikes.. Are they all supposed to be the same? or different? Lol.

May 24, 2013 at 7:30 PM Post #10,094 of 103,559
Yes sir. Medical variety. I am in it for 2 years. A new direction in my life..I am done being the business man I was. I need steady hours and benefits.

I learned a lot about people and life through my former business but the economy finally did one on my business so I packed it all up and left. I am now back in school. Dissecting stuff and learning about the human anatomy. It is fascinating stuff.

The negative is I don't get to listen to my gears when I am in study mode as it distracts my thought process so I have to put everything aside till I have a chance for a breather..

Believe it or not this makes me actually appreciate my gears much more than when I was listening to them all the time at the business...This also lets me rediscover old favorites too.

May 24, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #10,095 of 103,559
Quote:
Ya I had all my stuff in my man cave and the wife decided it was messy so she did what women do and put my headies and earphones away while I was at school..I have no idea where all my stuff is. Lol.

I have in my ears right now my CKS77s. I mostly use these on my laptop for gaming.  Makes for the perfect laptop earphones because of the big stage and bass on them.. As far as school goes I am hanging in there. I never thought I would actually enjoy school but I find myself oddly liking what I am learning which is a good thing.

Don't know if it is just me but I am thoroughly confused on the corecool and the look alikes.. Are they all supposed to be the same? or different? Lol.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAH she cleared you out while you were away, lovely.
biggrin.gif

That's the million dollar question, no one knows yet. IT'S all a mystery on those corecools and their wannabes.
triportsad.gif

Quote:
Vain III, you must be tired my friend.  After you get some sleep, your impressions should change on these headphones.

So are these blowing your mind quisxx??? It sure sounds like they are for you, how do they compare to your FXZ200s???

Quote:
D's what r u studying?

He is studying headphonealogy why of course. : P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back