The discovery thread!
May 23, 2013 at 6:03 PM Post #10,022 of 100,265
not my case. and just using the stock tips. and i am sensitive to high peaks. they sound just great  as they are

I agree. I switched from the Philips back to the stock tips, and I like the stock tips even more. I don't find them harsh at all.

Yeah, I also enjoy them more using the stock tips and they don't sound harsh to me either (300 hour burn in). I tried the Sony Hybrids and although the sound seems warmer and the bass slightly more impactful, they sounded too congested imo. Everything is separated better using the stock tips. I might buy the SHE3590 just to try the tips as they are only £10 here anyway ($15) and are supposed to be great bargain iem's too. It's always good to have a variety of tips I guess.

May 23, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #10,023 of 100,265
Just wanted to post a sweet price for some JVC FX3Xs. They are one hell of a nice "bass" iem. Much more refined in the treble regions and overall musicality than the FX1Xs for only like ~$20 shipped. Listening to them right now and man on man do these sound sweet. Tempted to get the newer all black and red versions, just too bad the red one in real life looks ugly as hell. :  (

Damn so tempting...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-JVC-FX3X-R-Xtreme-Xplosives-Inner-Ear-Headphones-Deep-Bass-HA-FX3X-RED-/300892176553?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item460e9240a9

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-JVC-FX3X-B-Xtreme-Xplosives-Inner-Ear-Headphones-Deep-Bass-HA-FX3X-B-/300892176361?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item460e923fe9

They seem to be the real deal in retail package and all as well. These i imagine is even more bang for the buck then the Zero Audios esp. for their low price now. Gonna make some friends buy them for sure. haha

deadhorse.gif

May 23, 2013 at 8:18 PM Post #10,024 of 100,265
Quote:
Just wanted to post a sweet price for some JVC FX3Xs. They are one hell of a nice "bass" iem. Much more refined in the treble regions and overall musicality than the FX1Xs for only like ~$20 shipped. Listening to them right now and man on man do these sound sweet. Tempted to get the newer all black and red versions, just too bad the red one in real life looks ugly as hell. :  (

Damned fine deal if they are as good a you say!

May 23, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #10,025 of 100,265
Quote:

Damned fine deal if they are as good a you say!

They are indeed great, finna makes some peps buy it for sure. haha Ds was even impressed with them when they sold for like ~$70. Too bad i already have a used yet i got from another head-fier. Tempted.....
triportsad.gif

Would be great if Ds A/B them against the bassos, etc.

May 23, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #10,026 of 100,265
vsd1's on the way.

if they are as good as people say they are...they might replace my gr06's for my mid tier universal

May 23, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #10,027 of 100,265
Quote:
They are indeed great, finna makes some peps buy it for sure. haha Ds was even impressed with them when they sold for like ~$70. Too bad i already have a used yet i got from another head-fier. Tempted.....
triportsad.gif

That's not fair. You KNOW how weak I am! I'm a bit concerned that the treble might be a bit harsh, and that the bass might just be too much for me.

But,  this was an interesting thread.  And these reviews were pretty helpful.

Anyway, I figure that if Nick could convince me to get the TDK E500's, you should be allowed to convince me to get the JVC FX3X's! Besides, for $22 shipped!!

May 23, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #10,028 of 100,265
They are indeed great, finna makes some peps buy it for sure. haha Ds was even impressed with them when they sold for like ~$70. Too bad i already have a used yet i got from another head-fier. Tempted..... :triportsad:

That's not fair. You KNOW how weak I am! I'm a bit concerned that the treble might be a bit harsh, and that the bass might just be too much for me.

Anyway, I figure that if Nick could convince me to get the TDK E500's, you should be allowed to convince me to get the JVC FX3X's! Besides, for $22 shipped!!

Eye on the prize, Wayne. You just ordered the VSD1. :D

Im using stock tips on the corecool v2 :), can't wait for the vsd-1 when I get back I'm going to get both version.

Could you give me a rough estimate on what you think the nozzle size might be? I'd love if the Mee Double Flange could fit on there.

May 23, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #10,029 of 100,265
Quote:

LoL do you need them, absolutely NOT!!! But do you want em'.
very_evil_smiley.gif
That's another matter. Plus they are so manly cuz they stick out so much as well, just like those CKS1Ks so i am sure the fellas at the gym would be mighty impressed as well. hoho
wink_face.gif

I was just j/k they don't stick out that much, sorry to disappoint ya' WAYNE.

Anywho these for $22 shipped for me is a steal in the sound you're getting. I don't hear any harsh/bright sibilant treble whatsoever on my used set. There is great rumble to the lows with great extended highs and good mids. The overall sound is not as refined as the MH1Cs but they are more clear sounding with faster more impactful bass. They sound like a mix of the FX40s and the FX101s but with all their best traits and leans more toward the FX101s sound signature. The amount of bass on this thing matches perfectly with the rest of the sonic spectrum so no worries regarding the bass masking the rest of the sound. 

I bet these will destroy those lowly new TDKs of yours.
biggrin.gif

May 23, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #10,030 of 100,265
Quote:
Eye on the prize, Wayne. You just ordered the VSD1.
biggrin.gif

You mean "prizes" lol. I feel like dsnuts has been around, manipulating my brain and sending my buying impulses into ridiculous overdrive!

But yes, I have high hopes for those VSD1's! I have a feeling that they will punch way above their weight (like the Basso's), and it will be interesting to compare them all.

May 23, 2013 at 10:00 PM Post #10,031 of 100,265
Quote:
I bet these will destroy those lowly new TDKs of yours.
biggrin.gif

Watch out, or Nick is gonna KICK your ass lol!

We will see. We will have a TDK EI500, JVC FX3X, Vsonic VSD1 shootout! Heck, we'll throw in the Cool Audio DX210 Basso's for fun (although I'll be surprised if any of them will sound as good as them :)

May 23, 2013 at 10:03 PM Post #10,032 of 100,265
Quote:

We will see. We will have a TDK EI500, JVC FX3X, Vsonic VSD1 shootout! Heck, we'll throw in the Cool Audio DX210 Basso's for fun (although I'll be surprised if any of them will sound as good as them :)

i think the VSD1's will be better.

May 23, 2013 at 10:06 PM Post #10,033 of 100,265
Quote:
i think the VSD1's will be better.

Better than the Basso's? Yeah, that might be a possibility. If they are truly 80% of the SQ of the BE's, then it's a definite possibility (although I am liking the Basso's a LOT right now).

May 23, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #10,034 of 100,265
Quote:

Pissssh he and what army. Oh right that cheapo TDK army of his.
triportsad.gif
LMAO : P

Should be an interesting shootout, but the Vsonic is gonna come out on top for it's technical abilities and the FX3X is gonna in 3rd place for it's pretty refined fun bassy sound right behind that even more refined Zero Audio Bassos i predict. Oh and those TDK belongs in the trash bin where ALL TDKs belong.
tongue.gif

May 23, 2013 at 10:28 PM Post #10,035 of 100,265
Quote:
Pissssh he and what army. Oh right that cheapo TDK army of his.
triportsad.gif
LMAO : P

Should be an interesting shootout, but the Vsonic is gonna come out on top for it's technical abilities and the FX3X is gonna in 3rd place for it's pretty refined fun bassy sound right behind that even more refined Zero Audio Bassos i predict. Oh and those TDK belongs in the trash bin where ALL TDKs belong.
tongue.gif

You my friend are insane... TDK rocks! I'll be surprised if those JVC's can even compete with the $10 MT300's for crying out loud! 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back