ksc75smile.gif
Cuz i have standards ya' know.
tongue.gif

Feb 15, 2014 at 10:38 PM Post #21,947 of 100,105
It's a conspiracy!

beerchug.gif

Feb 15, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #21,949 of 100,105
Feb 15, 2014 at 11:50 PM Post #21,950 of 100,105
Only after you provide one of your patented awesome reviews master d marc0!

And damned, those things ARE huge lol!

Feb 15, 2014 at 11:51 PM Post #21,951 of 100,105
(I mean the H3's are huge)

Feb 16, 2014 at 1:35 AM Post #21,952 of 100,105
Has anyone tried both the Sennheiser HD600s and the Denon AH-D600s? The Denons felt amazing. Like super comfortable and awesome sound. I know the 600s are open which I prefer, but what would you say is more worth it for the $300 or so price tag on the both of them?

Also, has anyone here tried the Xiaomi Pistons that has also tried the ATH IM-50/70s? I'm looking at those as well. I might even invest in a nice AMP/DAC for my desktop at home use.

Feb 16, 2014 at 1:45 AM Post #21,953 of 100,105

^ What this man said, i is ova' M9000000000000000000000's and "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"ll.

The wait makes it THAT much mo' sweet. : P  

Went to Best Buy and happened to stumble upon them in one of their magnolia theater things. Funny how they put all the Beats and skullcandy headphones up front, but hide the Sennheisers, B&Ws, ATH, Denons and other much better cans in the back where no one would ever find them... I tried them all on. The Denon AH-D600 were amazingly comfortable and felt like a pillow for my head and sounded awesome. P7s and 5s were comfortable and sounded well with great isolation. 598s were awesome as well. Felt a bit less tankish than the D600s, but still sounded good and didn't feel like they were even there. To be honest, I couldn't tell the difference in sound in a loud Best Buy. The Mikros 90s were sick as well. Comfortable, but I had to wear them with the headband further back on the crown of my head to keep them from falling off. Like I said, couldn't hear the sound quality for crap, but I don't know they were all so good. Can't wait to get mine in...

Feb 16, 2014 at 2:06 AM Post #21,954 of 100,105
  Okay, I have to say that the V is like my dream "mids-focused" iem. I know the V is not meant to be reference quality, but it's sort of what I wished the RE-400 or RE-262 sounded like. I love it!!! It's also what the ATH-CKM500 only dreamed it could be like. Yummy! 

As for reference, those of you who like that sound (but with a little bass kick) will love the TE-05. 

Totally agree about the Heaven V's mids. I've never heard sweeter, more engaging, more beautiful mids from any headphone or IEM. I'm still searching for a full-sized can that can reproduce the mids and vocals of the Heaven V. The FAD's Pandora Hope VI comes close but I still prefer the V's a bit more.

Feb 16, 2014 at 2:21 AM Post #21,955 of 100,105
  Went to Best Buy and happened to stumble upon them in one of their magnolia theater things. Funny how they put all the Beats and skullcandy headphones up front, but hide the Sennheisers, B&Ws, ATH, Denons and other much better cans in the back where no one would ever find them... I tried them all on. The Denon AH-D600 were amazingly comfortable and felt like a pillow for my head and sounded awesome. P7s and 5s were comfortable and sounded well with great isolation. 598s were awesome as well. Felt a bit less tankish than the D600s, but still sounded good and didn't feel like they were even there. To be honest, I couldn't tell the difference in sound in a loud Best Buy. The Mikros 90s were sick as well. Comfortable, but I had to wear them with the headband further back on the crown of my head to keep them from falling off. Like I said, couldn't hear the sound quality for crap, but I don't know they were all so good. Can't wait to get mine in...

^ Yeppp tried to audition cans at worstbuy once and it's pretty pointless, cuz hard to really tell how things TRULY sounded with all the crap that is going on in the store. Plus even if you bring your own DAPs to plug you cans in, the cable is hooked into their system which seems to change/ affect the sound so......

For me it's a waste of tyme to audition gears in showroom conditions/ stores cuz you don't really get a real sense of how something can perform cuz that initial "WOW" factor can be too easily achieved which makes you unable to hear/ see all the flaws unless you own something for some time.

Feb 16, 2014 at 2:47 AM Post #21,956 of 100,105
  Has anyone tried both the Sennheiser HD600s and the Denon AH-D600s? The Denons felt amazing. Like super comfortable and awesome sound. I know the 600s are open which I prefer, but what would you say is more worth it for the $300 or so price tag on the both of them?

Also, has anyone here tried the Xiaomi Pistons that has also tried the ATH IM-50/70s? I'm looking at those as well. I might even invest in a nice AMP/DAC for my desktop at home use.

Sounds like you prefer a bass heavy sound if you like the D600's
HD600's aren't bass heavy + need an amp, but more refined sounding

Feb 16, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #21,958 of 100,105
Well, "Change Is Good", LOL, can't argue with that!!!
Also love the mids on the Heavens, pleasure to listen to even though not as revealing/detailed as the higher priced spread.

Feb 16, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #21,959 of 100,105
Want to cross-post this here as it seems appropriate
Lol
I got emailed two lossless albums weighing in at 2 whole gigs to troubleshoot the X5.

When this turned out to be one of them

I forgot all about troubleshooting the X5 XD
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ThePowerOfRock

MFW The Music section of the trope led me to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLHXYLHMhKI

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 16, 2014 at 9:13 PM Post #21,960 of 100,105

These things sound amazing ya'll.. I got them today and I have to say I was expecting a nice sounding can and I got more than that..These have the one thing going on for them that none of these closed cans can say they have. That open stage is very audible. I can tell Yamaha tuned these with the velours in mind. Comfort of these things are just awesome.. They barely have a clamp yet they sit perfectly on the ear. These would be for guys that hate anything on the ear. These are more comfy than most in ears. Lol.. They feel like soft pillows on the head.

Imaging is spot on and depending on recording the sound stage can be airy and vast. Exactly what an open can should sound like..Two things that stand out on the sound. These are proper open cans for one but the other is how high end they sound to my ears..These have sparkly extended treble..Sweet defined mids that stand out for vocals and a bass end that is perfect for this sound..These sound kinda like an open back ES700 to my ears with even better imaging..Clarity is outstanding and imaging about as good as your gonna get with smaller 40mm drivers..Bass end is excellent for a smaller open can. A very complete sounding portable that gives out a sound that has nothing to do with the way they look..

I tried both the DX50 and the X3 and both daps sound excellent on them but I have to give the edge to the X3 for bringing out a bit of extra depth to this sound. Another surprise. I threw on the WS55 pads I had on the ES700 and they ended up sounding more fuller but lost a bit of imaging and separation because of it so the the velours are what these cans sound best with.. A very nice open portable that will surprise many that get them..Will burn them in a bit more and see where they go..So far these have more than met my expectations of them.

Don't let them plane jane looks fool you..Sure they might leak some sound but who cares when you get that open stage happening. Can't wait to try this with some games. I think these will make perfect gaming cans..

Rock metal. Jazz. pop, funk, punk, blues, classical, EDM, It all sounds kick ass to my ears. I have been putting off raking the back yard of all the leaves so I took my overnight burned in Yamahas with me to test how well they do.

+
OH MAN!..The sound as impressive as they were last night after a few hours of burn. I left them burning overnight and today the sound has filled out, bass region has filled out especially the sub region, mids seem more even, more fuller and treble has also smoothed out. Needless to say after listening to Stevie Ray Vaughan greatest for several hours. These cans are a freaking GEM.

Stevie came at me from a large stage where he was performing. Drums have deep impact with that agile timbre of drums vocals and guitars are clearly flowing..This sound! Guys that snapped these up. You are gonna be impressed on open box but wait till you get some burn in..The Awesome has ramped up tremendously.. You guys are gonna love this sound. These cans have leaped frogged up in my rankings overnight.

+
I am finally able to hear the Yamas using my NFB-5s.. For the love of all things that sound too awesome for words. My god this sounds stupendous.. These cans are clearly showing me they can do so much more than just sound right..I am testing how transparent the sound is. Much like how my S2s scale to a higher end sources. These do the same but with even a greater effect I suspect because of the higher grade of driver for one but more so that they are fully open..There is just no possible way this sound is coming from these little cans I keep on saying .But they do..These cans come out of nowhere and let me realize just how overlooked these cans are.. 

+
Guys. Just know Danny and I have been closely monitoring the burn in progress of the Yamahas. Just know these cans are literally blowing our collective minds.. These aren't just an upgrade to the HA-S500. These are clearly hanging with my X1s and actually does some things better...
size]
. These are at that level of refinement and you would not know it by just looking at them. So many times I have read Grado guys wanting more bass. These not only provide that but the overall sound is unbelievable.  Imagery is not just in your head it is projected outside your head. These cans paired with the right source is astounding. Actually they sound great with everything I own.

The bass end of these cans..Absolutely solid for any cans let alone an smaller portable. There is not a sound Yamaha left out on these..Much more impact over the AD900X. It is a touch shy of the X1 impact so not as emphasized but that actually makes for better balance.

+
I agree with DrBlue 110%.. Out of all my gears I have bought past and present. I don't know if I own another phone that has the price to sound ratio of these cans..The sound quality speaks for itself..An unbelievable sound from a portable can that has a full blown open sound with exacting detail and sounds so natural with emotion to the human voice. It is one amazing sounding can..I think going into this Holiday season..Take these cans very seriously..An absolutely fantastic buy and one for the collection you should not over look. What Dr Blue just mentioned here is just the beginning.

+
Truth is these $100 phones have taken over all my listening time when I do have time at home. I grab them every opportunity I can..Don't know if it is how light and comfy they are or if it is because of the sound. Equal helpings of both actually.. I am getting PMs from guys asking me about these and all I can say is. For guys that have never owned a proper open can and want to know what an open can can do for your music..

These are perfect to introduce to this type of sound. The reason why many of the top tier cans are open back is because of the way they convey stage. I think with recent advancements in tech, it seems closed cans are gaining in stage realism and expansiveness however once you have a proper open can..You will wonder why you have not tried an open can before..

Beyond the openness of the sound it is how these are tuned. There is a very real sound to these cans that seem to truly bring out emotion in your tunes..These are not too finicky of sources but there is a synergistic proponent to this sound. It seems the higher end your sound chain is these cans will reveal just how good or bad your sources are..I get a different sophistication with every source I tried. You know a phone is great when I keep on discovering new aspects of the sound.

Ericp.. Your a drum guy...Your gonna love how these render drums...

Thanks Dsnuts!  The HPH-200 are my current favorite headphones, even ahead of the Mikros 90.  I like them more because they have more bass, they sound more natural, vocals are more forward, and they more my preferred sound signature.

The Mikros 90 upper mids are harsh to me.  For example, when Carrie Underwood or Cassadee Pope sing their upper registers, they sound harsh.  If the beats cable that I ordered increases the bass and tames the upper mids, then Mikros 90 may come out on top.  When they don't sound harsh and when I'm not looking for hard hitting bass, the Mikros do shine because they sound 3d and have more clarity than the HPH-200.

I'm also using the Mikros 90 unamped.  Perhaps the Mikros 90 need to be amped to fully shine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back