The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Aug 23, 2013 at 6:18 AM Post #3,031 of 5,999
I was amazed at the improvement in soundstage, 3d presentation, and evenness between ears (channel balance).  This was very evident in my HD650s but even more so in my HD25s.  This is based on my CLAS db/RxMk3 stack.

I don't see why the M8 shouldn't be just as ideal for balanced listening, as what I'm basing my opinion on.  But I'll tell you this, I'm not going back.  I'm really interested in the Audio Technica portables, but I'm just concerned that I wouldn't really enjoy them until I had them balanced by BTG Audio, or someone similar...

Once my HD25s were balanced, my DT1350s just sat in the case.  And before, I really enjoyed going back and forth...

Aug 23, 2013 at 7:08 AM Post #3,032 of 5,999
Has someone tried the Translucent 1plus2 with the M8 ?   I am intrigued about this "special" IEM !  Might be my solution to my need for a "very good NON-leaking headphone"

Aug 23, 2013 at 7:33 AM Post #3,033 of 5,999
Has someone tried the Translucent 1plus2 with the M8 ?   I am intrigued about this "special" IEM !  Might be my solution to my need for a "very good NON-leaking headphone"
i think Anakchan tried his with my hifim8

I may have also but dont remember if it was the transluscent or fitear.

Aug 23, 2013 at 10:08 AM Post #3,035 of 5,999
Quote:
i think Anakchan tried his with my hifim8

I may have also but dont remember if it was the transluscent or fitear.

Wow, if I did, it would have been in February's Fujiya event - i.e. the M8 was pre-production then. I skipped the Fujiya May 'cos I was sick, and in Fujiya's July event, my 1Plus2 was needed by an exhibitor so I couldn't use it myself.

You did try the Tralucent at the Fujiya shop but it wasn't with the M8.

Aug 23, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #3,036 of 5,999
I got mine balanced so I could plug them into the big jack on my M8. Seriously though, the jury is still out for me personally as to whether or not there are tangible (as in I can hear them) benefits to balanced over SE, all other stuff being equal. No real downside, save for the big plug and adapters to go SE.

Aug 23, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #3,037 of 5,999
Quote:
I got mine balanced so I could plug them into the big jack on my M8. Seriously though, the jury is still out for me personally as to whether or not there are tangible (as in I can hear them) benefits to balanced over SE, all other stuff being equal. No real downside, save for the big plug and adapters to go SE.

That's a GREAT point.

There is no downside!

I run balanced when I can.  I find, depending on the resolving capability of the system, that I achieve better separation when
running balanced.  This is why I'm PUMPED to get a 4-pin configuration HiFi-M8!!

Just gotta say, having worked on this project, I've been eager to use this thing since it was a drawing on a piece of paper!
Now that I know its out - and I can't hear it yet - it's KILLING me!

Hopefully I'll get it soon.

Charging the iDevice is a GREAT feature.
It does do that doesn't it?  Or at least keep the iDevice charged???

I maybe confusing this with the HiFi-M8's ability to act as an iDevice charger
when not using it to play music??

Aug 23, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #3,038 of 5,999
^^^ Yes it does.  When your M8 has a dead battery, your iPhone/iPod/iPad will have a full charge.  Michael has stated on more then one instance, that one reason for the big honkin' battery, in the HiFi-M8, is the power/charging demands of the iPad.

Aug 23, 2013 at 2:27 PM Post #3,039 of 5,999
Quote:
^^^ Yes it does.  When your M8 has a dead battery, your iPhone/iPod/iPad will have a full charge.  Michael has stated on more then one instance, that one reason for the big honkin' battery, in the HiFi-M8, is the power/charging demands of the iPad.

AWESOME

I remember him agonizing over the battery in the blog.  Hell I'm SO proud of him for doing that (the product blog) and taking the users along for the ride!!

I don't have impressions because I don't have it yet, but I should soon!!

Can't wait to drive my Mad Dogs and LCD3 w/ the HiFi-M8!!

Aug 23, 2013 at 3:42 PM Post #3,040 of 5,999

Mine charges the attached iDevice only if the M8 is plugged in and turned on. Running on battery and either off or on, or plugged in and off, it doesn't.

Aug 23, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #3,041 of 5,999
Quote:
I don't remember specifically - but I'm sure they did this in the development stages and shared it on the CEntrance HiFi-M8 blog.
If not, I'm sure Michael has his team already on it so he can be prepared to field questions along those lines.

I would open this testing to the community -- it would go much faster. For us to accumulate every kind of DACp out there will take a while. On the other hand - the folks who already own a DAP and a M8 can test this right away.

And at the end of the day the answers will be simple - it either works or it does not. 

Aug 23, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #3,042 of 5,999
Quote:
[size=12.727272033691406px]Let us examine the key points and facts of the matter.[/size]
[size=12.727272033691406px] Key word: Watch. Not read, hence a video.

Something cool: Hifi-M8 of course.

It may be related to Hifi-M8: It will be related to hifi-M8.

Brightest minds: Shameless pandering to the main man of Head-fi.org- Jude. :wink:

*I rest my case Captain hastings. We can presume upon the above information that a video review of the Hifi-M8 will appear at the scheduled time.

[/size]

Let it be known that I didn't say any of that. This is all pure speculation. For now.

Aug 23, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #3,044 of 5,999
Quote:
Even on "pause"? With custom iems?

IronLung, we have your unit and we are baffled. We will go through every solder joint and resolder it, thinking that there may be intermittent contact or something. I can't find any other explanation at the moment.

Alternatively, if you can wait until next Thursday, we can send you a brand new unit. We will have more RSA aluminum panels next Thursday. Please let me know by email.

Aug 23, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #3,045 of 5,999
Quote:
Maybe it's a HiFi-M8 giveaway to be made available after all the pre-orders, reviewers, good buddy cuts, promotional exposures, etc...  The brightest minds are to be involved in solving the logistics to actually make good on its delivery. 
wink.gif

I hear you loud and clear and that gives me a burning feeling.

We need to improve our delivery. We decided that we will not pre-announce the next product until we really get our fulfillment under control.

We are doing A LOT right now to change our delivery systems. Not quite to the level of amazon, but close. For now, I will have to live with virtual egg on face for missing the deadlines...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back