Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Dec 10, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #1,606 of 7,711
  Here's hoping for a US release, in the new year...

Guys, as I see that the ZX1 is going to be a success, It will be illogical (from any point) that Sony do not release it globally.

I heard a rumor that the ZX1 was the first of the Audiophile Walkman Sony will be revealing/releasing !! Yes there is a new/better/updated one
wink.gif
   (its still in test phase).

Dec 10, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #1,609 of 7,711
  Guys, as I see that the ZX1 is going to be a success, It will be illogical (from any point) that Sony do not release it globally.

I heard a rumor that the ZX1 was the first of the Audiophile Walkman Sony will be revealing/releasing !! Yes there is a new/better/updated one
wink.gif
   (its still in test phase).

What of the F88x? Has it been compared and how much worse?

Dec 10, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #1,610 of 7,711

Some of the best advice I received was from Currawong, it's the sum if the parts that go to make a good rig it's not always the best gear that wins out, it is what suits your ears & how you want to hear your music that matters.

Here's a good example... my new Sony F887 is a superb bit of kit (I don't expect any major improvements with the ZX1), it has better definition in the highs and a equal depth but punchier bass compared to my old Z1070 so why do I miss my WM-Z so much... here's the rub, the Z1070 was superb with soul music from the 60/70/80's you do not need overtly detailed players for this music genre as it will take away the silky warmth of the recordings from that period (owners of the WM-F/Z & WM-X will know what I'm on about). The Z1070 was not as rich sounding as the famed WM-X but it had a lot more detail whilst retaining some of its warmth... pairing the F887 with the PHA-2 via h/o brings a certain amount of warmth back to the proceedings but it's not Z1070 warm, my personal dream team for old soul music Z1070/FiiO E12 it's the dogs-bollox to these ears.

Many of us Sony owners have known how good these new Walkman's have been for a year or so now, many of us have compared them to the best and come to similar conclusions in red-book lossless formats the Sony's are equal to the best so it really doesn't shock me that they're equally good as Hi-Res/DSD players.... same old, same old as they say over here.

Welcome to the best kept secret on Head-Fi it's just a bit embarrassing you all took so long to join the party...
beerchug.gif

noble go on get a new Z1070....I have one and i agree with you the warmth of the sound with the details is sublime its a lovely player and i will be keeping mine for a while..

Dec 11, 2013 at 12:42 AM Post #1,619 of 7,711
Tracking on shipping notice from Pricejapan says I should receive the ZX1 Friday. Probably will take through the night to get it charged up, files transferred, and a bit of familiarity to take place. But am really looking forward to it. 

Dec 11, 2013 at 12:44 AM Post #1,620 of 7,711
  Tracking on shipping notice from Pricejapan says I should receive the ZX1 Friday. Probably will take through the night to get it charged up, files transferred, and a bit of familiarity to take place. But am really looking forward to it. 

When did you order it? I think at this point it's probably relevant info for readers (and those in the queue) to get an idea of when they ordered and when they'll get their products shipped.

I know those who ordered on Sunday have to wait till next batch - was told next month. I'm therefore speculating anyone who ordered from that day onward will be subject to the same delays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back