Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28)
Aug 19, 2013 at 8:26 AM Post #1,861 of 3,218
Interesting also that this is a non linear equation.

There's probably a <50 price point, 50-100 price point, then a 100-300 price point, 300-500, then 500-750, 750-1000, 1000-1500 and lastly >1500.

Sorry, product manager talking- occupational hazard :)

Aug 19, 2013 at 9:05 AM Post #1,863 of 3,218
I'm thinking of giving the 846 a proper review but I have nothing to compare it to except maybe a TF10 and Sennheiser Momentum. For my setup it's a alo national, null audio arête cable and ibasso copper LOD.

Aug 19, 2013 at 9:07 AM Post #1,864 of 3,218
I'm thinking of giving the 846 a proper review but I have nothing to compare it to except maybe a TF10 and Sennheiser Momentum. For my setup it's a alo national, null audio arête cable and ibasso copper LOD.

Go for it!

Aug 19, 2013 at 9:15 AM Post #1,865 of 3,218

Go for it!

Alright! I would have to loan the TF10 and maybe the Westone W4, and possibly at the upcoming meet, short comparisons with the 1plus2 and some other high end IEMs.

Give me at least 2-3 weeks for a quality review though! Will post pics and short impressions meanwhile (sneak peeks if you will).

Aug 19, 2013 at 9:20 AM Post #1,866 of 3,218
Some eye candy for you all. Alo Audio National and the Shure SE846.

Some short impressions:
These babies are revealing/transparent. Good for your high quality recordings and bad news for your poor ones.

TL;DR: Crap in Crap Out

Aug 19, 2013 at 9:37 AM Post #1,867 of 3,218
I would not underestimate the capabilities of the human body to perceive smallest details. It might just be a tiny difference, one might not even be able to explain it, but it could be a break in cohesion that throws one off.
How can you tell if somebody is standing behind you or even just looking at you? From the light the body emits or the change of wind? How is this even measurable in a well lit and wind-free mall?

Wow, I am glad you specifically you weren't trolling because I really would think you're pulling my leg.

The best advice I can give you to convince yourself: if you have access to any 2.1 or higher system, please move your subwoofer of one inch toward or away from you and let me you if you perceive the break down in cohesion postulated above...

Aug 19, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #1,868 of 3,218
I think I have to convey this message as quickly as possible!

To those whose music materials are not of a very good grade, don't blame the 846 if it turned out sounding very mid-fi. It's the material's fault not the 846, as I mentioned a few posts up, they are very revealing so crap in crap out. My lower quality recordings ended were flawful, I could really here that they were low resolution, however, once I turned to my higher quality recordings, the 846 finally showed its true powers.

Don't forget that nozzle/cable/amp swap will very effectively change the sound sign of these 'phones. Doing so change me from hating them to luvin them!

*Full Review in the Works*

Aug 19, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #1,869 of 3,218
where the bass is plentiful but yet it is smooth and doesn't steal the limelight frm the mids, making it really very enjoyable

So, do you get this sound yet? :)

Aug 19, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #1,870 of 3,218

To those whose music materials are not of a very good grade, don't blame the 846 if it turned out sounding very mid-fi. It's the material's fault not the 846, as I mentioned a few posts up, they are very revealing so crap in crap out. My lower quality recordings ended were flawful, I could really here that they were low resolution, however, once I turned to my higher quality recordings, the 846 finally showed its true powers.

Don't forget that nozzle/cable/amp swap will very effectively change the sound sign of these 'phones. Doing so change me from hating them to luvin them!

Great to see that you are enjoying it, I did enjoy the clear mid and vocal it gave for the past couple of weeks.

Aug 19, 2013 at 11:27 AM Post #1,871 of 3,218
where the bass is plentiful but yet it is smooth and doesn't steal the limelight frm the mids, making it really very enjoyable

So, do you get this sound yet? :)

I'm waiting to fully burn in my pair as there seem to be a significant drop in bass compared to the demo pair. However, I have 3 filters and 2 cables to play with and my last resort (if all else fails) would be EQ.

The cable does exactly I wanted it to do, confirmed my thoughts with a review here. It tames the bass and bring forwards the mids and to add to that, it also adds air to the sound and the comfort of the cable is a definite plus though the build quality is not exactly the best, have seen better.

Will notify you in my full review.

Great to see that you are enjoying it, I did enjoy the clear mid and vocal it gave for the past couple of weeks.

Waiting for them to burn in still, but will report back.

Aug 19, 2013 at 1:03 PM Post #1,872 of 3,218
Guys, I've cleaned up this thread and given some of you some personal PMs. If you're truly done with the topic, just end it there. We don't need a continual "famous last words" going on and on. 

Aug 19, 2013 at 1:36 PM Post #1,873 of 3,218
I don't know why, but I would like to listen to something like Netsky - Pirate Bay out of these...
I've been using the SE215 on and off these past few weeks. I think they are comfortable enough but I'm still not used to the cables being behind/around the ears and since the 846 have the same/similar housing and connection, I still don't think I should bite.

Aug 19, 2013 at 6:10 PM Post #1,874 of 3,218
I don't know why, but I would like to listen to something like Netsky - Pirate Bay out of these...
I've been using the SE215 on and off these past few weeks. I think they are comfortable enough but I'm still not used to the cables being behind/around the ears and since the 846 have the same/similar housing and connection, I still don't think I should bite.

The shure stock cable for the 846 are thick and stiff and also cause the earphone to swivels alot. However a cable swap would easily solve that problem and you can use the cable to tweak the sound signature more to you liking too.

Aug 19, 2013 at 7:04 PM Post #1,875 of 3,218
Guys, I've cleaned up this thread and given some of you some personal PMs. If you're truly done with the topic, just end it there. We don't need a continual "famous last words" going on and on. 

PMs AGAIN? It really puzzles me why people who dislike each other so much even bother to PM each other, lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back