Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28)
Aug 19, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #1,876 of 3,218
PMs AGAIN? It really puzzles me why people who dislike each other so much even bother to PM each other, lol!
to have the last word after their previous last word was deleted from this thread? Lol.

Seems like the se846 will continue to be out of stock for quite a while more, preventing more user impressions from surfacing.

Do wonder how it will turn out with the dx50.

Aug 19, 2013 at 9:36 PM Post #1,877 of 3,218
You know the cables are going to need replacement. So who cares if it goes behind the ear now.that wont change my mind in buying ir not.You will get a custom cable and no more behind the ear. And sound better than the china made cable they always use for shure.:)

Aug 19, 2013 at 9:56 PM Post #1,878 of 3,218
Darn, my SE846's should have shipped today, but it has been postponed to the 5th of September. Whatever will I do? 
redface.gif

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Aug 20, 2013 at 12:05 AM Post #1,881 of 3,218
Quote:
You could get upgrade cables.

I also did this while waiting for my Shures :)

I love me my silver cables so that's why I got silver, but ergonomically they turned out to be indispensible (the default Shure cables suck for ergonomics... it's like they deliberately sought to make the most uncomfortable cables ever)

Aug 20, 2013 at 12:47 AM Post #1,882 of 3,218
Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Aug 20, 2013 at 5:41 AM Post #1,883 of 3,218
Quote:

I love me my silver cables so that's why I got silver, but ergonomically they turned out to be indispensible (the default Shure cables suck for ergonomics... it's like they deliberately sought to make the most uncomfortable cables ever)

What kind of silver cables is everyone getting as Shure replacements?  I'm especially interested in ones that will improve flexibility and ergonomics.

Aug 20, 2013 at 6:14 AM Post #1,884 of 3,218
What kind of silver cables is everyone getting as Shure replacements?  I'm especially interested in ones that will improve flexibility and ergonomics.

I purchased pure OCC silver single end and balanced cables from Ted Allen at Headphonelounge. The 24 gauge wire he uses is softer and much more flexible than the stock cables.

Aug 20, 2013 at 10:25 AM Post #1,885 of 3,218
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
I purchased pure OCC silver single end and balanced cables from Ted Allen at Headphonelounge. The 24 gauge wire he uses is softer and much more flexible than the stock cables.

Are there more options?
And how much does price vary?
(i.e. I don't want to get cables more expensive than the headphone itself... that defeats the whole purpose of buying cheaper IEMs... LOL)

Aug 20, 2013 at 11:24 AM Post #1,886 of 3,218
Are there more options?
And how much does price vary?
(i.e. I don't want to get cables more expensive than the headphone itself... that defeats the whole purpose of buying cheaper IEMs... LOL)

Depending on whether you want OCC copper, silver coated copper, or pure silver the price varies from $90 to $200 for an IEM cable from Ted at Headphonelounge. His prices and build time are the best I have seen anywhere. If you are interested there is a Headphone Lounge appreciation thread on Head-Fi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back