Shanling M3 Ultra - New Update for our Compact Android Portable Player
Jan 27, 2024 at 2:51 AM Post #76 of 112
I'm a new satisfied owner of the M3U! Just looking some suggestions about the best player app to have bit-perfect listening. Any hint? More in general, is there any specific setting on the device or is just a question of player? Thanks to anyone that can help me!
Well all I can say is, if you're considering using Amazon Music HD as a stream/download service on the M3U, be prepared for a massive bug where the physical PLAY button on the side doesn't work while the app is displaying. Contacted Shanling, who don't seem too bothered, as it never gets fixed through firmware. Highly annoying.

Jan 28, 2024 at 11:08 AM Post #77 of 112
Our AGLO system provides bit-perfect output for all major music or streaming apps.
You can see sampling rate displayed at the top of the screen, just check if it matches the file and should be good to go.
Thanks a lot for your answer Shanling!

I take the occasion for another question: I have noticed that on google Play Store there is also the application Eddict Player by Shanling. Which is the difference between it and the Shanling Music application? Is Eddict compatible with M3 Ultra?

More in general, I have also seen that your application doesn't support gapless playback? Is it true? If yes, this is really a big handicap with respect all the other applications from other software developers, and it sounds also strange because your entry level player such as M0 Pro does support it.

Looking forward for your answers. Thanks!

Alex

Jan 28, 2024 at 8:12 PM Post #78 of 112
Thanks a lot for your answer Shanling!

I take the occasion for another question: I have noticed that on google Play Store there is also the application Eddict Player by Shanling. Which is the difference between it and the Shanling Music application? Is Eddict compatible with M3 Ultra?

More in general, I have also seen that your application doesn't support gapless playback? Is it true? If yes, this is really a big handicap with respect all the other applications from other software developers, and it sounds also strange because your entry level player such as M0 Pro does support it.

Looking forward for your answers. Thanks!

Alex

Eddict Player and Shanling music app are similar design, but the Eddict player is designed mainly as a companion app for our products, not for direct use as playback software.

We are very well aware of the issue with the lack of gapless.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jan 29, 2024 at 6:23 AM Post #79 of 112
Eddict Player and Shanling music app are similar design, but the Eddict player is designed mainly as a companion app for our products, not for direct use as playback software.

We are very well aware of the issue with the lack of gapless.
Thanks again for your reply.

Can you be more precise about the differences in terms of functionalities between Eddict Player and Shanling Music applications? To be honest I didn't catch it.

Is there any reason why gapless is missing? Are you going to implement it any time soon or we should rely on third parties players (that would be a pity...)?

Jan 29, 2024 at 7:39 PM Post #80 of 112
Thanks again for your reply.

Can you be more precise about the differences in terms of functionalities between Eddict Player and Shanling Music applications? To be honest I didn't catch it.

Is there any reason why gapless is missing? Are you going to implement it any time soon or we should rely on third parties players (that would be a pity...)?
On Shanling Android player, just use the Shanling Music app, it's designed for it.

Eddict player's main focus is on functions for other Shanling products, like Synclink, Wireless projection, USB control, etc. It's not designed as primarily a music player.

Gapless is missing on our Android app because our software team hasn't implemented it since 2018. We do not know when they might add it.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jan 30, 2024 at 3:16 AM Post #81 of 112
On Shanling Android player, just use the Shanling Music app, it's designed for it.

Eddict player's main focus is on functions for other Shanling products, like Synclink, Wireless projection, USB control, etc. It's not designed as primarily a music player.

Gapless is missing on our Android app because our software team hasn't implemented it since 2018. We do not know when they might add it.
Hello,

Thanks for further clarifications on the two applications.

Regarding the gapless, it looks like there is a big request from the users, so it is really strange not having it. Gapless is quite a basic feature implemented in ALL the other players (as well as on the entry-level DAP you produce such as M0 Pro and M1S). Pity...

Jan 30, 2024 at 3:00 PM Post #82 of 112
Regarding the gapless, it looks like there is a big request from the users, so it is really strange not having it. Gapless is quite a basic feature implemented in ALL the other players (as well as on the entry-level DAP you produce such as M0 Pro and M1S). Pity...
It's becoming a deal breaker for me, unfortunately. The fact that it hasn't been implemented since 2018 (6 years ago now) is really short sighted. I have tonnes of soundtracks, progressive rock, Progressive metal and Black Metal Albums that need gapless. The fact that I'm paying £500 for a DAP that doesn't have it and the basic models do, burns quite frankly. It ruins the experience of so many Albums. I don't want to bloat the player with other Apps.

Jan 30, 2024 at 9:35 PM Post #84 of 112
@Shanling I have updated to the latest Firmware 1.23 and my audiobook app "Smart AudioBook Player" & "Poweramp" are acting up, the Audio is distorted and there is some crackling. The Shanling music app, Apple Music and Spotify are not affected. Do you have any idea what's going on?

I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling Smart AudioBook through PlayStore and APK pure but still the same distorted audio.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2024 at 4:21 AM Post #85 of 112
It's becoming a deal breaker for me, unfortunately. The fact that it hasn't been implemented since 2018 (6 years ago now) is really short sighted. I have tonnes of soundtracks, progressive rock, Progressive metal and Black Metal Albums that need gapless. The fact that I'm paying £500 for a DAP that doesn't have it and the basic models do, burns quite frankly. It ruins the experience of so many Albums. I don't want to bloat the player with other Apps.
Same on my side...I'm a purist from both listing and applications points of view! :relaxed: I would really prefer to use the player out of the box instead of struggling with which player to choose...I really don't understand the rationale behind such decision of not implementing the gapless feature...

Anyway I'm also focused on progressive rock and metal! :L3000:

Jan 31, 2024 at 4:32 AM Post #86 of 112
There are many android apps that can play gapless and work great with the M3: symfonium, neutron, poweramp. I love symphonium, works great with local music and music on server.
Hi @Javier22, thanks for your post. My problem is exactly what you written...there are too many player applications around there and trying all of them, downloading and installing, etc. is somehow something that I would love to avoid. Nevertheless it seems that is the only solution possible at the moment if someone need the gapless.

I take the occasion for a question to whom can answer (may be @Shanling). There are players that have bit-perfect functionality (e.g., Neutron and USB Audio Player Pro) and other that does not (e.g., Poweramp, even if it is rated quite good); my question is: with the Shanling AGLO system I can use any player out there and having bit perfect experience? This also means that I should not enable the functionality (i.e., in addition to AGLO) on the player side, right?

Thanks a lot for the interesting discussion!

Jan 31, 2024 at 4:49 AM Post #87 of 112
Hi @Javier22, thanks for your post. My problem is exactly what you written...there are too many player applications around there and trying all of them, downloading and installing, etc. is somehow something that I would love to avoid. Nevertheless it seems that is the only solution possible at the moment if someone need the gapless.

I take the occasion for a question to whom can answer (may be @Shanling). There are players that have bit-perfect functionality (e.g., Neutron and USB Audio Player Pro) and other that does not (e.g., Poweramp, even if it is rated quite good); my question is: with the Shanling AGLO system I can use any player out there and having bit perfect experience? This also means that I should not enable the functionality (i.e., in addition to AGLO) on the player side, right?

Thanks a lot for the interesting discussion!
All music apps should work without any resampling on the Android with the AGLO. Check the sampling rate displayed on top of the screen to be sure.

Feb 17, 2024 at 11:47 PM Post #88 of 112
Greetings, @Shanling
has anyone been able to get EQ apps to work since last update or so PowerAmp EQ is not working, there is cutting and skipping on playing audio via apple music or spotify. Similarly Wavelet is also not getting recognized when turing it on. If its a Bug is there a way to report it somewhere ?

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2024 at 8:33 PM Post #89 of 112
@Shanling I have updated to the latest Firmware 1.23 and my audiobook app "Smart AudioBook Player" & "Poweramp" are acting up, the Audio is distorted and there is some crackling. The Shanling music app, Apple Music and Spotify are not affected. Do you have any idea what's going on?

I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling Smart AudioBook through PlayStore and APK pure but still the same distorted audio.

I just received my M3U today. Enjoying and no issues with Apple Music and UAPP, but with Plexamp, I'm getting distortion/crackling. Plexamp streaming is my intended primary usage, so curious if anyone else is experiencing this, and if so, was it working prior to the latest update (v1.23).

Also, noticed that for Plexamp, the sample rate in the notification bar is always 192k, regardless of the actual file's sample rate, whereas Apple Music and UAPP playback appears to display the correct sampling rate. Anyone know if this has always been this way for Plexamp?

Mar 2, 2024 at 9:22 PM Post #90 of 112
I just received my M3U today. Enjoying and no issues with Apple Music and UAPP, but with Plexamp, I'm getting distortion/crackling. Plexamp streaming is my intended primary usage, so curious if anyone else is experiencing this, and if so, was it working prior to the latest update (v1.23).

Also, noticed that for Plexamp, the sample rate in the notification bar is always 192k, regardless of the actual file's sample rate, whereas Apple Music and UAPP playback appears to display the correct sampling rate. Anyone know if this has always been this way for Plexamp?
can you please also check eq apps like wavelet, or poweramp eq with apple music/tidal, etc. ? they were working before in earlier firmwere versions, i can confirm its a similar case for Plexamp, it used to work earlier then, it started distortion after an update then it fixed itself after a new update and now again after last update it broke again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back