credits to CoiL

download here..

download here..

credits to SkyBleu

download here..

download here..

all wallpapers came from this thread: iBasso DX50 Wallpaper (320x240) Gallery
same process..copy and paste all the folders inside .rockbox
no further modification made..i just replaced the default wallpaper and adjust the album art frame in WPS..

SCREENSHOTS:
here are some pics..i did modify the theme..got bored with the background

apologies for the crappy pic..my brother borrowed my macro lens and the lighting in my room is terrible lol

Aug 6, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #1,067 of 2,020
After having installed Rockbox on my newly acquired iBasso DX50, I have two kinds of problems:
- on the Rockbox part, I can see and launch the audio files, but don't hear anything,
- on the Mango part, the screen becomes quickly dripping and does not react to any of my interventions by buttons or touch screen.

Therefore I must uninstall Rockbox.
I have downloaded stock recovery to uninstall Rockbox as advised by Isergachev and tried to install it following the cwm procedure.
This did not work.

Please, could you explain me in details (I have no experience of either iBasso or Rockbox) how to uninstall Rockbox from the iBasso DX 50.

Thank you in advance.

Aug 6, 2014 at 5:29 PM Post #1,068 of 2,020
is it not a DX90?
otherwise I don't know what the problem is. my suggestion is to download rkbatchtool and flash again the official firmware or the modded firmware with CWM (linked at the bitbucket page). Then do a factory reset (can be done in CWM)

Aug 6, 2014 at 6:17 PM Post #1,069 of 2,020
  New custom CWM-flashable build for/with stock Firmware 1.5.0 including following new changes to the official repository:
  1. For testing: Battery Level is much more accurate than before (Voltage measurement instead of badly configured %- output) 
    Accuracy is not proofed (copied from iriver h100 battery curve). I've only tried discharging my stock PISEN battery and found it quite good
    -> please help by reporting your experience with the new measuring system. Always mention what battery you are using
  2. Working Plugins: text viewer, text editor and image viewer 
    -> please tell me if you have a suggestion for a better button mapping

List of all old modifications to xzcc's build 2014-06-30:
  1. longpress of play button in menu works correctly
  2. power-button when screen is off doesn't do back-action, only backlight-on (does not work if you just pressed something else before)
  3. new dual-boot mechanism (Hold-Switch enables boot-selector, otherwise last player is booted)
  4. Headphone output click -> connected on playback not at startup 
  5. Battery level calculated from voltage
  6. plugins: text viewer, text editor, image viewer

Download: 
https://www.sendspace.com/file/c3b948

I confirm that click start is less strong and the level of batery is more accurate, however, the level of remaining batery is blocked at 9%

Aug 6, 2014 at 8:27 PM Post #1,071 of 2,020
I confirm that click start is less strong and the level of batery is more accurate, however, the level of remaining batery is blocked at 9%

Thank you for your feedback!
Blocked at 9% means that it stays at 9% and does not go lower for a long time or is the battery flat immediately when it reaches 9%?
Are you using stock battery?
Thanks

Aug 7, 2014 at 6:19 AM Post #1,074 of 2,020
Thank you for your feedback!
Blocked at 9% means that it stays at 9% and does not go lower for a long time or is the battery flat immediately when it reaches 9%?
Are you using stock battery?
Thanks

I'm using a stock battery.
Blocked at 9% means that it stays at 9% and does not go lower for a long time (20-30mn)
Do you think that Samsung battery is better?

Thanks

Aug 7, 2014 at 6:29 AM Post #1,075 of 2,020
  quick question...i just installed SU - dx50_sound_unlocked_1.3.3

under Settings - Advanced - System Info - > what Firmware version should it display? Mine says V1.5.0

or should it indicate something different?

ithink thats correct since its base to 1.5.0..
you can ask them here just to make sure

Aug 7, 2014 at 6:47 AM Post #1,076 of 2,020
cholero,

Thank you for your answer.

1] I have a DX50, but I used cwm_rockbox_for_DX90_port.zip to install Rockbox, as advised in a forum.
2] I have downloaded Rockchip_Batch_Tool_v1.7.
     Is it what you call "rkbatchtool"?
     How do I flash now (as I have already written, I have no experience at all).

Dont mix DX90 and DX50!
Use everything from the bitbucket page or my builds!

So now just install the rockbox for DX50 in CWM and everything could be fixed

Rkbatchtool you only need uf something is really ****ed up. Now that you've told that you used the DX90 Rockbox it makes everything clear.

Aug 7, 2014 at 7:20 AM Post #1,077 of 2,020

I'm using a stock battery.
Blocked at 9% means that it stays at 9% and does not go lower for a long time (20-30mn)
Do you think that Samsung battery is better?

Thanks

Interesting. But did it go to 0% before the battery was competely empty?

S3 battery is maybe sightly better. But the player is configured for the PISEN battery, it could be that you never reach 100% even with the official firmware. Player can be "charging" forever.

Aug 7, 2014 at 7:53 AM Post #1,078 of 2,020
never drained my battery yet..lowest % igot form the s3 batt is 40ish% and the stock battery is around 20ish%..i charge my dx50 everyday

Aug 7, 2014 at 7:57 AM Post #1,079 of 2,020
  Interesting. But did it go to 0% before the battery was competely empty?

S3 battery is maybe sightly better. But the player is configured for the PISEN battery, it could be that you never reach 100% even with the official firmware. Player can be "charging" forever.

The indicator did not go to 0% before the battery was completely empty.
I look better when the opportunity arises.

Thank you for your answer.

Aug 7, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #1,080 of 2,020
cholero,

I have understood that I have made a great mistake by mixing DX90 and DX50!

I have finally recovered the usage of the DX50, by installing the iBasso FW 1.50 via CWM, since I could not use the Mango interface.

However, I cannot install the bitbucket's cwm_rockbox_2014-06-30 zip file: the recovery system tells me "Can not found firmware image or invalid image" (I have copied the zip file on the µsdcard, but I don't have the opportunity, as before, to select between internal or external sdcard).

Could you, please, tell how I can download your builds?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back