Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
Jul 28, 2014 at 9:20 AM Post #1,051 of 2,020
Thank you for the feedback.
I really start to think that not all devices are equal regarding this click.
But please tell me: you agree to hear a loud click/pop when you start the device mango/rockbox (stronger on sensitive and low Z headphones)?
With my newest build, there are 2 possible times to hear a click: a) when rockbox screen appears b) when you start playback.
Which click is not softer, a) or b)?
And if b), is it not softer if you wait some more seconds before you start the first song after a fresh boot? Thanks

@all: Was the pop at startup never a problem for you?

I haven't gotten the latest update yet (I run the one from March), but to me the click is right after I choose Rockbox at the mango/rockbox selection on startup, and it is very loud. I haven't really been bothered at all by any click when starting playback. I run DN-1000's.

Btw thanks for the rest of the changes, they look really good, I'll update later when I have more time.

Jul 29, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #1,052 of 2,020
Some more progress information:
In my next build I will include:
  1. more accurate battery level
    redface.gif
  2. text viever, text editor and picture viewer parially working

And a negative information
frown.gif
: The pixel line on the right side cannot be fixed. It is present system-wide (OF does the same, cut off 1 row left and bottom and leave 1 additional row from the lcd-on on the right side)

Jul 30, 2014 at 2:59 AM Post #1,053 of 2,020
Some more progress information:
In my next build I will include:
  • more accurate battery level :xf_eek:
  • text viever, text editor and picture viewer parially working

And a negative information :frowning2: : The pixel line on the right side cannot be fixed. It is present system-wide (OF does the same, cut off 1 row left and bottom and leave 1 additional row from the lcd-on on the right side)

take your time mate

Jul 30, 2014 at 4:09 PM Post #1,054 of 2,020
New custom CWM-flashable build for/with stock Firmware 1.5.0 including following new changes to the official repository:
  1. For testing: Battery Level is much more accurate than before (Voltage measurement instead of badly configured %- output) 
    Accuracy is not proofed (copied from iriver h100 battery curve). I've only tried discharging my stock PISEN battery and found it quite good
    -> please help by reporting your experience with the new measuring system. Always mention what battery you are using
  2. Working Plugins: text viewer, text editor and image viewer 
    -> please tell me if you have a suggestion for a better button mapping

List of all old modifications to xzcc's build 2014-06-30:
  1. longpress of play button in menu works correctly
  2. power-button when screen is off doesn't do back-action, only backlight-on (does not work if you just pressed something else before)
  3. new dual-boot mechanism (Hold-Switch enables boot-selector, otherwise last player is booted)
  4. Headphone output click -> connected on playback not at startup 
  5. Battery level calculated from voltage
  6. plugins: text viewer, text editor, image viewer

Download: 
https://www.sendspace.com/file/c3b948

Jul 30, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #1,055 of 2,020
New custom CWM-flashable build for/with stock Firmware 1.5.0 including following new changes to the official repository:
  • For testing: Battery Level is much more accurate than before (Voltage measurement instead of badly configured %- output) 

Accuracy is not proofed (copied from iriver h100 battery curve). I've only tried discharging my stock PISEN battery and found it quite good

-> please help by reporting your experience with the new measuring system. Always mention what battery you are using
  • Working Plugins: text viewer, text editor and image viewer 

• longpress of play button in menu works correctly
  • power-button when screen is off doesn't do back-action, only backlight-on (does not work if you just pressed something else before)
  • new dual-boot mechanism (Hold-Switch enables boot-selector, otherwise last player is booted)
  • Headphone output click -> connected on playback not at startup 
  • Battery level calculated from voltage
  • plugins: text viewer, text editor, image viewer

Download: 

kudos mate

Jul 31, 2014 at 12:07 PM Post #1,056 of 2,020
Thanks a lot for your work, up till now I basically ignored the battery indicator but I installed your latest version and I'll keep an eye on it and I'll report back, its the least I can do!

Jul 31, 2014 at 3:19 PM Post #1,057 of 2,020
  • For testing: Battery Level is much more accurate than before (Voltage measurement instead of badly configured %- output) 

• Working Plugins: text viewer, text editor and image viewer 

• longpress of play button in menu works correctly
  • power-button when screen is off doesn't do back-action, only backlight-on (does not work if you just pressed something else before)
  • new dual-boot mechanism (Hold-Switch enables boot-selector, otherwise last player is booted)
  • Headphone output click -> connected on playback not at startup 
  • Battery level calculated from voltage
  • plugins: text viewer, text editor, image viewer

Download: 

awesome! Thx for your work!

Aug 1, 2014 at 8:35 AM Post #1,058 of 2,020
battery indicator seems to be working properly.. my battery indicator is at 73%.. im using my dx50 for almost 3 hours now

Aug 1, 2014 at 4:12 PM Post #1,059 of 2,020
  I'm playing around with the sound settings, doing allot of research and familiarizing myself with the terms in the glossary.  I'm becoming more and more amazed at how these terms accurately described what I have been hearing all along, especially in terms of bass.  (guess I'm a basshead after all).   
I think I like the dithering option.  I found a great analogy for it, how it basically brings out more detail with a little sacrifice to quality. (hope I defined that correctly)

Dithering made a world of difference to me. It took the "digital" edge off the music. The downside to it is that it introduces slight noise into the track (inaudible for the most part), but as you say it enhances the detail. I almost want to say it takes the smear off the music.

Aug 4, 2014 at 2:07 PM Post #1,060 of 2,020
Normally I listen very irregularly so hadn't had the chance yet to get back to you about the battery indicator but I listened the whole day today, and battery levels seemed accurate all day (I'm using the originally provided battery) untill now which must be after about 8-9 hours, the indicater has been telling me that its empty for the last 1.5 hours but it's still going strong. Obviously this is no problem since I'd rather be surprised that it plays longer than it indicates than the other way around
wink.gif

Just a heads up since I don't think I'm ever going to use it but just out of curiosity I checked the cover flow application, and it seems to be working well except for the fact that no images show up!

Do you have any plans for future updates? I'm really enjoying the fact that my DAP gets better by the week!

Aug 4, 2014 at 4:17 PM Post #1,061 of 2,020
  Normally I listen very irregularly so hadn't had the chance yet to get back to you about the battery indicator but I listened the whole day today, and battery levels seemed accurate all day (I'm using the originally provided battery) untill now which must be after about 8-9 hours, the indicater has been telling me that its empty for the last 1.5 hours but it's still going strong. Obviously this is no problem since I'd rather be surprised that it plays longer than it indicates than the other way around
wink.gif

Just a heads up since I don't think I'm ever going to use it but just out of curiosity I checked the cover flow application, and it seems to be working well except for the fact that no images show up!

Do you have any plans for future updates? I'm really enjoying the fact that my DAP gets better by the week!

Thanks for the feedback about the battery indicator. Some little optimizations are necesary, I've noticed too, but mine ran maybe 20minutes at 0%, so there are differences.

At the moment I will not provide any updates because I'm working on making the port an official port on the rockbox page. But later I will try to make most plugins work and try to do some basic modifications in the menu, wps and button behaviour. And I want to find out why gathering runtime data does not work and why times (backlight timeout etc,) are around double the time someone sets.
After that the port will be pretty much done. Of course there is some room to play around with DAC-settings or enable 24bit output (what headwhacker is trying to do). But this are minor things for me.
I guess when the basic things are fixed I will disable ADB on the player and just enjoy music 
beyersmile.png

But to be honest, making the player work better is much more satisfying than just listening to music. 

edit: about cover-flow, i don't know, didn't try it. What I made working is the image viewer (jpg, png bmp and such). It also has a problem that it gives errors ("unsupported") for many images.

Aug 4, 2014 at 10:26 PM Post #1,062 of 2,020
tried both stock and s3 batts..yah ithink battery is accurate..got no problems with the other feature and the sound of course

Aug 4, 2014 at 11:42 PM Post #1,063 of 2,020
here are some pics..i did modify the theme..got bored with the background

apologies for the crappy pic..my brother borrowed my macro lens and the lighting in my room is terrible lol

Aug 5, 2014 at 1:36 AM Post #1,064 of 2,020
Cool. You can upload it somewhere and put the link here, for those who like it too.
By the way: for experimenting with theme modifications I recommend you to download the simulator for Cowon D2 on the official rockbox page (if didn't use that already)

Aug 5, 2014 at 2:51 AM Post #1,065 of 2,020
yah i have the simulator but i did not really use it..it was raining like hell last night and i got bored so i did modify it..made some adjustments on the album art frame in WPS..i used photoshop to merge the original background to the wallpaper..same goes with the album art frame size and transparency..no major editing made..

sure i can upload the theme later..i'll pull some random wallpapers on the dx50 wallpaper thread..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back