Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
Jul 25, 2014 at 10:04 AM Post #1,036 of 2,020
I was not clear enough, you misunderstood me:
I highly recommend to copy themes to internal drive (/mnt/sdcard/rockbox) not to system partition with cwm, adb or in a .img file (/system)
Because after a update you have to install them again

Jul 25, 2014 at 10:15 AM Post #1,037 of 2,020
I was not clear enough, you misunderstood me:
I highly recommend to copy themes to internal drive (/mnt/sdcard/rockbox) not to system partition with cwm, adb or in a .img file (/system)

lol, I did I guess. I think adding the themes to the img file would benefit those who frequently flash FW now that  there are a lot of FWs available both stock and modded to try.

But yeah, if iBasso release a new firmware you have to create a separate build  to include those themes.

Jul 25, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #1,040 of 2,020
New Build with only one change:

*Headphone output is connected when you play first song, not at startup -> click is much softer the longer you wait

just downloaded it mate..will flash it later

List of all old modifications to xzcc's build 2014-06-30:
  • longpress of play button in menu works correctly
  • power-button when screen is off doesn't do back-action, only backlight-on (does not work if you just pressed something else before)
  • new dual-boot mechanism (Hold-Switch enables boot-selector, otherwise last player is booted)
  • Headphone output click -> connected on playback not at startup 

Download: 
https://www.sendspace.com/file/7l70z6

please tell me if you have any problems

just downloaded it mate..will flash it later

Jul 25, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #1,042 of 2,020

Do you mean the click at startup or the one when you play the first song?
If it is the second one, how long did you wait between "Rockbox ready" and playing a song?

To get to WPS there is no quick way. If you use my theme arc-en-ciel or naranjada, you can click on album art to go back to wps from file menu (if in settings, you have to press it twice).

I was talking about the click at the startup of the device which coincides with the appearance of the choice screen or with the start of rockbox when it boots to rockbox automatically now, I don't think I ever experienced a click at the start of a song

Jul 26, 2014 at 2:03 AM Post #1,044 of 2,020
Good work Cholero, i really appreciate your new build and the way to use the menu and get back easily to the WPS screen. However, i don't think the "click" is softer

Thank you for the feedback.
I really start to think that not all devices are equal regarding this click.
But please tell me: you agree to hear a loud click/pop when you start the device mango/rockbox (stronger on sensitive and low Z headphones)?
With my newest build, there are 2 possible times to hear a click: a) when rockbox screen appears b) when you start playback.
Which click is not softer, a) or b)?
And if b), is it not softer if you wait some more seconds before you start the first song after a fresh boot? Thanks

@all: Was the pop at startup never a problem for you?

Jul 26, 2014 at 5:39 AM Post #1,045 of 2,020
never really got that clicking thing to be honest..

Jul 26, 2014 at 6:29 AM Post #1,046 of 2,020
Thank you for the feedback.
I really start to think that not all devices are equal regarding this click.
But please tell me: you agree to hear a loud click/pop when you start the device mango/rockbox (stronger on sensitive and low Z headphones)?
With my newest build, there are 2 possible times to hear a click: a) when rockbox screen appears b) when you start playback.
Which click is not softer, a) or b)?
And if b), is it not softer if you wait some more seconds before you start the first song after a fresh boot? Thanks

@all: Was the pop at startup never a problem for you?

I notice that when DX50 is turned off with a current playlist with the track paused and turned on again, the click is stronger. When there is no song paused, the click is softer at the next startup. In general, it is less hard on mango.
Rockbox on, when DX50 is on track paused, it automatically restarts at startup. There he has a way to change this in the settings? thanx

Jul 26, 2014 at 7:42 AM Post #1,047 of 2,020
I notice that when DX50 is turned off with a current playlist with the track paused and turned on again, the click is stronger. When there is no song paused, the click is softer at the next startup. In general, it is less hard on mango.
Rockbox on, when DX50 is on track paused, it automatically restarts at startup. There he has a way to change this in the settings? thanx

Thanks!
There are

settings- general settings- automatic resume

And

Setting- genetal settings- startup/shutdown- startscreen

Jul 27, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #1,049 of 2,020
I'm playing around with the sound settings, doing allot of research and familiarizing myself with the terms in the glossary.  I'm becoming more and more amazed at how these terms accurately described what I have been hearing all along, especially in terms of bass.  (guess I'm a basshead after all).   
I think I like the dithering option.  I found a great analogy for it, how it basically brings out more detail with a little sacrifice to quality. (hope I defined that correctly)
I'm reviewing the "attack" settings.  I'm going to make the assumption it has to do with the drum sounds but I'm not sure what a good setting would be.  Does anybody else deal with this because so far I can't really hear a difference.  Maybe my eardrums are not attuned to this sort of thing.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back