Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
Jul 23, 2014 at 3:52 AM Post #1,006 of 2,020
Quick question: does battery meter work as it should on latest cholero's build? My DX50 died on me in the middle of a trip and it shouldn't have based on the remaining battery. I wa wondering if that's a known issue or if it's just me.

No, battery is not implemented properly. Android gives a out two informations: percentage of battery level (which iBasso did not configure correctly) and battery voltage. Rockbox takes the percentage information at the moment. But OF seems to take the information from battery voltage and calculates percentage from a curve.
There are some tasks left to do on this port and battery meter is one. It is not my highest priority but I won't be happy until it is done.

For the moment: observe on what percentage the battery dies and remember the value.

In my DX50 i have a original Samsung S3 battery. With this battery, percentage is linear 100%-70% then falls quickly to 0% but stays there for ~20minutes, so I'm alterted with my battery. The original battery was suddenly flat at maybe 75%.

Jul 23, 2014 at 4:39 AM Post #1,007 of 2,020
im using an s3 batt too.. mine just moves around 95-99%..never saw 100% and the 0%thing on my battery meter..not a really problem since i charge my dx50 everyday..but yah - a fix will be a great help

Jul 23, 2014 at 5:12 AM Post #1,008 of 2,020
The biggest work to do is to change the build mechanism to get a separate target for DX50 and one for DX90. Xzcc made DX50 compile as android target but to integrate sources to official rockbox repository it needs to be a own target. That is the big task I need to do first (if I'm able to), all the rest comes later.
This is the only complain a have for xzcc that he didn't do it porperly.

Jul 23, 2014 at 5:25 AM Post #1,009 of 2,020
DX90 can just be a patch to the existing DX50 source since 99% of the code works fine on DX90. At least from what I can see. I only have to chance 2 source files from the DX50's source as of now.

Jul 23, 2014 at 1:19 PM Post #1,011 of 2,020
Download all needed files linked on bitbucket (1- FW1.5.0 with CWM, 2- newest rockbox for CWM, 3- stock recovery for CWM) and put them to your external uSD, The firmware with CWM needs to be extracted to the root of the uSD.
Then go to CWM and flash stock recovery. Then boot to stock recovery and do the update. Then reboot to CWM and flash rockbox.

You shouldn't loose settings.

Thanks for this! Hopefully I won't have any problems - it seems clear enough. 

Jul 23, 2014 at 4:10 PM Post #1,013 of 2,020
Same build (2014-07-02-cholero) but new dual-boot mechanism:

By default DX50 boots to the player you last used.
If you want to change to the other player:
*put hold switch "on"
*power on device -> selector will be shown
*put hold switch off!!! (otherwise nothing happens)
*select your player

Download:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/h29cuf

please tell me if you have any problems

Jul 23, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #1,014 of 2,020
Theme Installation How-To
  1. Download any Theme you like from the official Rockbox page as a packed zip:
    http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?target=cowond2
  2. connect your player to the computer and open the internal memory (usual name: DX50). There should be a folder "rockbox", open it
  3. open the downloaded theme zip file. In the zip file there is a folder named ".rockbox" (yes, with a dot)
  4. Open the ".rockbox" folder in your theme-zip and extract all the content to your "rockbox" folder on your player
  5. you're done, now you can select your new theme in Settings -> Theme Settings -> Browse Theme Files

Jul 23, 2014 at 5:32 PM Post #1,015 of 2,020
Dat Linux tho...

Jul 23, 2014 at 5:54 PM Post #1,016 of 2,020
Some more good news: I managed to lower the volume of the tick when booting. It now connects headphones as soon as you start playback, not at startup. If you wait ~20sec before you play the first song, the tick is very low compared to the tick in the actual builds. Another dirty hack.
I will include this in my next build.

Jul 23, 2014 at 7:32 PM Post #1,017 of 2,020
Some more good news: I managed to lower the volume of the tick when booting. It now connects headphones as soon as you start playback, not at startup. If you wait ~20sec before you play the first song, the tick is very low compared to the tick in the actual builds. Another dirty hack.
I will include this in my next build.

THE TICK/CLICK HAS BEEN LOWERED? Well ***** I might have to put rockbox back on it

Jul 23, 2014 at 8:41 PM Post #1,018 of 2,020
  Same build (2014-07-02-cholero) but new dual-boot mechanism:

By default DX50 boots to the player you last used.
If you want to change to the other player:
*put hold switch "on"
*power on device -> selector will be shown
*put hold switch off!!! (otherwise nothing happens)
*select your player

Download:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/h29cuf

please tell me if you have any problems

This sounds great - much closer to the way "authentic" rockbox versions work!

Only question - how to install it? Sorry if I'm newbie-ish. Edit: Never mind! Figured it out! Turned on the brain - it helps sometimes. It works great! The new build, not the brain, that is. 

Edit: and thanks for your instructions on upgrading! Worked like a charm. Actually almost a charm - apparently the volume up button isn't working any more on my DX50, which makes booting to the CWM troublesome, but as long as you've got an update.img file in the root you can get to CWM by pressing update from the stock firmware. It's smart enough to go to CWM even without the button press method. Took a while to figure this out. 

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #1,019 of 2,020
Rockbox is now fully functional on DX90. For those who are interested check the thread below for details.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/727669/rockbox-for-ibasso-dx90-latest-update-24-07-2014

Jul 24, 2014 at 10:18 AM Post #1,020 of 2,020
  Theme Installation How-To
  1. Download any Theme you like from the official Rockbox page as a packed zip:
    http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?target=cowond2
  2. connect your player to the computer and open the internal memory (usual name: DX50). There should be a folder "rockbox", open it
  3. open the downloaded theme zip file. In the zip file there is a folder named ".rockbox" (yes, with a dot)
  4. Open the ".rockbox" folder in your theme-zip and extract all the content to your "rockbox" folder on your player
  5. you're done, now you can select your new theme in Settings -> Theme Settings -> Browse Theme Files

Added this on page 1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back