Review, Future Sonics Atrios: Comparison between different tips
Mar 18, 2011 at 3:44 PM Post #61 of 237
Here is 2 threads I found right here on headfi forum dating back to 2008 about the Atrios' SofterWear Sleeves:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/356951/future-sonics-softerwear-customs-pics-thoughts

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/352347/to-custom-my-atrio-or-not

This was from 2008 so i don't know if the materials that Future Sonics used to make the SofterWear Sleeves back then is the same as the super soft silclear they currently use.

Quote:

In Summer 2008, SofterWear was updated to reflect some serious R&D work over the last year. Future Sonics took the concerns of several customers and fellow sound engineers, and redesigned the SofterWear to reflect that feedback. The redesigned SofterWear offers far better comfort, better sound quality, and better durability than previous models.

Mar 18, 2011 at 4:40 PM Post #62 of 237

Quote:
Here is 2 threads I found right here on headfi forum dating back to 2008 about the Atrios' SofterWear Sleeves:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/356951/future-sonics-softerwear-customs-pics-thoughts

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/352347/to-custom-my-atrio-or-not

This was from 2008 so i don't know if the materials that Future Sonics used to make the SofterWear Sleeves back then is the same as the super soft silclear they currently use.

I've seen that first review before, and I have a real hard time believing that those don't isolate at all.  Sounds like he had a crappy fit or something, and to be honest, he says several things in there that clash with my personal experiences and somewhat invalidate his findings for me.  It also sounds like they reworked their design at one point and some of the people posting were on the wrong side of that.  Meh, if you get them and they suck, send em back.  I'm pretty sure they have some sort of satisfaction guarantee.  I'm still pretty pumped to see how they turn out for you!

Mar 18, 2011 at 5:20 PM Post #63 of 237

Quote:

I've seen that first review before, and I have a real hard time believing that those don't isolate at all.  Sounds like he had a crappy fit or something, and to be honest, he says several things in there that clash with my personal experiences and somewhat invalidate his findings for me.  It also sounds like they reworked their design at one point and some of the people posting were on the wrong side of that.  Meh, if you get them and they suck, send em back.  I'm pretty sure they have some sort of satisfaction guarantee.  I'm still pretty pumped to see how they turn out for you!

Thank You Bazirker. I hope my experience with the SofterWear is a good one since I really love my Atrios but can't seem to get a comfortable fit with any of the included eartips.

Mar 18, 2011 at 7:05 PM Post #64 of 237

Quote:

Remember, the quality of your custom sleeves is directly tied to the quality of your impressions, so make sure your impressions are done by an audiologist you trust.

Well let's see how it turns out. I really love the Atrios and I hope I get a good fit and the sound quality I want.

Mar 21, 2011 at 1:24 PM Post #65 of 237
A little bit more listening on those DIY Shure e2C tips:

To me, they don't sound quite as good as the small FS silicones.  They're close, but not the same.  Aside from the face that the FS silicones gets that "in your head" sound better, the e2C tips aren't *quite* as clear.  They're impressively dynamic, about the same as the double flanges, but aren't quite as clear.  Perhaps more thoughts later, and when I have a finalized opinion, it'll go in the OP.  I will say that they sound better than any of the other single flange alternatives, and are much more comfortable; I may find myself willing to make the tradeoff for the extra comfort, especially when out-and-about.

Mar 21, 2011 at 3:45 PM Post #66 of 237
I just called Future Sonics and they said they received my ear impressions this morning (Monday) and I should get my SofterWear Sleeves early next week. They also said they will keep my ear impressions on file.

Mar 21, 2011 at 4:33 PM Post #67 of 237

Quote:
I just called Future Sonics and they said they received my ear impressions this morning (Monday) and I should get my SofterWear Sleeves early next week. They also said they will keep my ear impressions on file.

"Keep you ear impressions on file"  =  "We'll give ourselves every edge we can in pushing you towards buying MG6Pros"    
biggrin.gif

Mar 21, 2011 at 4:49 PM Post #68 of 237

Quote:
"Keep you ear impressions on file"  =  "We'll give ourselves every edge we can in pushing you towards buying MG6Pros"    
biggrin.gif

That's exactly what I was thinking when she said we'll keep your impressions on file.
wink_face.gif

Mar 21, 2011 at 6:28 PM Post #70 of 237

Quote:
If you guys happen to speak to David or Marty, you'll see that's not at all how they work.

Just playing around Kunlun. I didn't mean any harm at all. In fact  i'm the one that asked if you will keep my ear impressions on file...not the other way around. So I am happy I don't have to waste another $50 on getting ear impressions. Future Sonics have been good to me and I was very happy to hear that they are keeping my ear impressions on file because my goal is to eventually get the MG6Pro.

Mar 21, 2011 at 10:08 PM Post #71 of 237
I was cracking a joke too, David Gray is the man.  The strain relief was falling apart on a pair of original Atrios with memory wires, and I sent them in and FS sent me a new pair.

Mar 22, 2011 at 11:25 AM Post #72 of 237
That's the only problem I have with these is the wires are hardening. 

Sad, I guess I'll be calling it in in a little while, haven't even had them a month.

Mar 22, 2011 at 12:05 PM Post #73 of 237

Quote:

Sad, I guess I'll be calling it in in a little while, haven't even had them a month.

Wires are hardening? Never heard of that before. What do you exercise with them?

Mar 22, 2011 at 12:10 PM Post #74 of 237

Quote:
Wires are hardening? Never heard of that before. What do you exercise with them?

Shure, has been doing it for years.

Body oils, weather the cable is not thick to begin with.

There definitely going to be sent in.

Mar 22, 2011 at 1:59 PM Post #75 of 237

Quote:

It's true the wires aren't thick to begin with but do you wear the Atrios with the wires over the ear or hanging down?

Also what kind of weather did you wear the Atrios in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back