Review, Future Sonics Atrios: Comparison between different tips
Mar 16, 2011 at 6:46 AM Post #31 of 237

Quote:
I was having tip problems as well.

I've since settled on the stock triple flange. (small)

Be careful as hell if your snipping and cutting the tips cost $20 total.

I already know the feeling I already damaged 2 pairs of Shure's Soft Flex Sleeves.

Mar 16, 2011 at 6:49 AM Post #32 of 237
Today I'm going to an audiologist to make ear impressions for the Future Sonics SofterWear Sleeves.

Mar 16, 2011 at 7:41 AM Post #33 of 237

Quote:
Today I'm going to an audiologist to make ear impressions for the Future Sonics SofterWear Sleeves.

DUDE!!  Sounds awesome.  You gotta let us know how they turn out.

Mar 16, 2011 at 8:06 AM Post #34 of 237

Quote:
DUDE!!  Sounds awesome.  You gotta let us know how they turn out.

Sure. I'll post pics and everything. And I'll let you know how the SofterWear Sleeves fit and sound when i get them.

Mar 16, 2011 at 8:17 AM Post #35 of 237

Quote:

Sure. I'll post pics and everything. And I'll let you know how the SofterWear Sleeves fit and sound when i get them.

It's the *sound* part that interests me most.  I've come close to getting them on a couple occasions but didn't because I was worried I'd end up with the same problem I have with many other tips: poor sound.  I think I've read a couple things here and there which say they sound fine though.

Mar 16, 2011 at 8:23 AM Post #36 of 237
Mar 16, 2011 at 8:32 AM Post #37 of 237
Mar 16, 2011 at 2:25 PM Post #38 of 237
Well today I went to get ear impressions made for my custom Atrio. I paid $50 for both ears in NYC. A fair price.

The first thing the audiologist did was look inside my ears and he told me you used Q-Tips didn't you. I said Yes. He said you irritated your ear canal. Don't use Q-Tips. The ears clean themselves naturally. Well i learned something new today.

I told him these are my first customs ever and he said you're really going to love these. He asked me if I am a musician or if it's for pleasure? I said pleasure.

The first thing he did was stuff some cotton all the way into my ears. He said it keeps the silicone from going all the way in the ear canal. Then he syringed silicone into my ears. He filled out his part of the Future Sonic application while my silicone in my ears were hardening. He used a bite lock on my front teeth to keep my mouth open about an inch while the silicone was hardening and he had a tissue there. He said use it if you drool.

The process took about 12 minutes.I also asked him do you think i'm going to need a refit. He said 99% of the time everything comes out fine and the molds he took look really good.I went into the waiting area while he packaged them and put them in a box.

I paid the $50 at the front desk and the receptionist gave me a receipt.

I called Future Sonics and the nice lady that answered my 1,001th questions this week told me how to package and ship the ear impressions. She said from the time she receives them it should take a week to get the SofterWear Sleeves to me the next day by UPS. She told me i'm really excited for you since these are your first customs.

Everything went okay. I hope to put up a thread when I get the SofterWear Sleeves with pics and what I think of them since not many people on this forum seem to have them.

Mar 16, 2011 at 3:51 PM Post #39 of 237

Quote:

The first thing the audiologist did was look inside my ears and he told me you used Q-Tips didn't you. I said Yes. He said you irritated your ear canal. Don't use Q-Tips. The ears clean themselves naturally. Well i learned something new today.

While I how no qualifications whatsoever, I'm not sure I believe that.  I can believe that you can irritate your ear canal with Q-tips if you're not gentle, but I'm not sure I buy that bit on them cleaning naturally.  If by "cleans naturally" he means "gets gunk all over your beloved IEM's because you didn't clean them with a Q-tip", then I guess I'll continue irritating my ears  :)

Oh, and btw, congrats on getting your impressions!

Mar 16, 2011 at 4:12 PM Post #40 of 237

Quote:

Oh, and btw, congrats on getting your impressions!

Thank You Bazirker. I'm half way there. Now i just gotta package everything and ship it off to Future Sonics.

Mar 16, 2011 at 4:17 PM Post #41 of 237
I really love the Atrios that's why I am getting these SofterWear Sleeves. And David Gray of Future Sonics told me that the nozzle on the Atrio will never change and I can use the SofterWear sleeves on future Atrios that come out.

Mar 16, 2011 at 5:34 PM Post #42 of 237

Quote:
I really love the Atrios that's why I am getting these SofterWear Sleeves. And David Gray of Future Sonics told me that the nozzle on the Atrio will never change and I can use the SofterWear sleeves on future Atrios that come out.

oooooooooooooooo I was under the impression that this was essentially turning your Atrios into customs, not just adding a sleeve that can be removed if you aren't in the mood for it.  Me like...

Mar 16, 2011 at 5:42 PM Post #43 of 237

Quote:
oooooooooooooooo I was under the impression that this was essentially turning your Atrios into customs, not just adding a sleeve that can be removed if you aren't in the mood for it.  Me like...

Yes. The SofterWear Sleeves can be removed.

Mar 16, 2011 at 6:01 PM Post #44 of 237
Good luck with them. Hopefully no issues. Look forward to the impressions versus the stock tips.

Mar 16, 2011 at 7:54 PM Post #45 of 237
Wow, that's cool about keeping the tips for upgraded version of the M5.  I have a question, though.  Because I am able to fit Klipsch silicone tips on my Atrio, should I be able to fit the custom mold tips onto from the Atrio on my Klipsch Custom 3?

And good job for taking the plunge (I'm sure I'm not the only one waiting to see how it turn outs
popcorn.gif
).

I've got about 60 hrs burn in on my Atrios, loving them more every day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back