Review, Future Sonics Atrios: Comparison between different tips
Feb 19, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #228 of 237
I used the Monster tips on my MG7 and they worked out the best for me. Yesterday I used the Monster's foam hybrid and I was quite entertained by the MG7. For the Monster hybrid to work you will need to remove the cores of the Atrio's foam eartips and slide them over the earphone stems then the Monster tips will fit. Too bad the MG7 signature is not to my liking. They sound a little too dry and a tad too closed up for me. But I could get used to them if I didn't have the bug to try something else.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/596073/how-to-mod-your-futuresonics-atrios-m5-to-fit-sony-hybrid-tips-or-monsters-tips#post_8156879

Feb 20, 2012 at 9:45 AM Post #229 of 237
The Atrios sound dry to you?  I have heard many, many descriptions of these, but dry has not been one of them.  

I personally don't care for Monster supertips on them; they're comfy but the sound is poor.  Maybe try a different tip or something?

Alas, if they aren't so your liking, sell em off to someone who will enjoy them!  
etysmile.gif

Feb 24, 2012 at 10:09 PM Post #232 of 237
Ok after some more listening I'm going to cave and give up. The Oval Klipsch tips help, but the fit is just a skosh loose. Not worth it when I have better fitting alternatives. Will probably gift it to someone with smaller ear canals than me.

Feb 24, 2012 at 10:45 PM Post #233 of 237
That's too bad, they're really nice IEMs once you've found the perfect fit.  I think the klipsch ovals are too hard to work with because there is no marker for positioning on the M5s like there are on Klipsch IEMs.

Mar 20, 2012 at 3:52 PM Post #234 of 237
Has anyone been able to extend the life of the FS foams by washing them? I haven't had any luck but maybe I am doing it wrong. The FS foams, white and black, only last a week for me.

Apr 23, 2012 at 10:15 AM Post #236 of 237
Are there any websites that have a special on the M5?  I know there was a place where they could be had for $100.   I need a new pair, my faithful M5s were stolen this weekend after a year and a half of extremely satisfied ownership.

So my first inclination is to buy another pair, I don't really have a desire to try other IEMs

Sep 12, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #237 of 237
I just received my Atrio Pros. The Atrio double flanges didn't work for me - they would frequently collapse and block all sound. After lots of experimentation, I settled on the Shure/Westone large white triple flanges with the smallest flange remove. I use the same setup on Westone 4 & UM3X and on the Shure SE535LTD.

My Atrios came with the PASSCHAL recycled rubber case - really nice case!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back