Review, Future Sonics Atrios: Comparison between different tips
Feb 4, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #211 of 237

Purchased from Klipsch direct - Amazon had the same price but was OOS. Thanks.
Quote:
The Klipsch gels are probably what you need then.  The only down side is the fit is shallow with less isolation but offer the best in comfort.  You can buy the gels from Klipsch direct or on Amazon.  I'm specifically referring to the single flange.  The mediums are pretty small, so I'd recommend the Large unless you have very small ear canals.

Feb 4, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #212 of 237

Quote:
Purchased from Klipsch direct - Amazon had the same price but was OOS. Thanks.

I hope they work out for you.  Please report back when you get them, good or bad, so others can read more opinion on the Klipsch tips synergy with the Atrios.  If the tips don't work out, I'm sure some other head-fiers might buy them from you.  

Feb 5, 2012 at 12:22 PM Post #213 of 237
Just started listening to these phones and surprised with their excellent treble. Amazing not to hear mid bass hump.

I need help with getting the tips; can't get a very goo seal. The FS foams bring out treble not bass.
The stock, double flange are the best so far but I'm not getting enough bass.

Anyone who was in the same situation try Klipsch and was able to hear more bass.
Thanks

Feb 5, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #214 of 237

Quote:
Just started listening to these phones and surprised with their excellent treble. Amazing not to hear mid bass hump.

I need help with getting the tips; can't get a very goo seal. The FS foams bring out treble not bass.
The stock, double flange are the best so far but I'm not getting enough bass.

Anyone who was in the same situation try Klipsch and was able to hear more bass.
Thanks

When the foams are inserted correctly you should get very good bass.  However, the foam tips degrade quickly and bass is one of the first things to go.  The Klipsch gels I've tried, and they do transmit a lot of bass, but it is hard to get the oval shell of the Klipsch tip to fit correctly in the canal of the ear, as there are no guide tick marks on the M5 to line up the eartip like there are on Klipsch IEMs.

So screw around with the foams a bit more, you should be able to achieve a satisfying fit with the white foams.

And yes, amazing no mid bass hump.  I have come to hate mid bass humps, I love the balanced, extended bass of the Atrios

Feb 7, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #215 of 237
Has anybody bought the foam tips from the FS website?  How long did it take to process and deliver?  I bought them last Thursday and still no word from FS on shipping, etc.

Feb 7, 2012 at 1:51 PM Post #216 of 237
For me, It took exactly a week from time of order to my mailbox.  I would wait for a few more days.  I recall it was shipped UPS Ground which literally takes 7 days for delivery.

Feb 9, 2012 at 8:27 PM Post #217 of 237
I was just wondering how everyone inserts the double flanges... I've never used this type before, and would prefer to use them as they are cheaper than foams in the long term. I just don't know how far is too far, or any tips for getting a good seal. Thanks.

Feb 11, 2012 at 2:21 AM Post #218 of 237
Got the Klipsch Large single flange tips. They're better than the stock stuff, but still kinda meh. The seal isn't excellent anymore like the large foams but at least it feels like I can wear them for more than 10 minutes at a time. If anyone in this thread wants any of the stock FS Atrios tips, send me a PM and we can set something up.

Feb 11, 2012 at 6:47 PM Post #220 of 237
The hole of the Klipsch is too large for the nozzle of the MG7. When I remove the phones, the tips remain in my ear.

Oh wow, I haven't run into that problem. Honestly i think the fs foams are the way to go

Feb 12, 2012 at 2:53 AM Post #222 of 237

Quote:
I still prefer the stock silicone dbl flange tips for sound and comfort. 

I like the small black double-flange tips that came with my Atrio M5. They're a good fit and are comfortable for me. However, I don't use them because they're dust magnets. Lint and dust seem to stick to them easily. I don't feel comfortable with sticking something dirty in my ears, so I stopped using them.

Feb 12, 2012 at 3:50 PM Post #223 of 237
The hole of the Klipsch is too large for the nozzle of the MG7. When I remove the phones, the tips remain in my ear.

Interesting; I don't have this problem.

Feb 14, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #224 of 237
So far as black v. white foams go, I'm really not sure why people are saying the blacks last longer.  To me both foams last about a week until they are mushy as play-doh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back