Review, Future Sonics Atrios: Comparison between different tips
Mar 12, 2011 at 12:15 PM Post #17 of 237
Sledgehammer 
cool.gif

Mar 12, 2011 at 12:57 PM Post #18 of 237

Quote:
What did you use to make the holes bigger?

Xacto knife. I put the knife in the sleeve hole and turned it kept turning it around until it grated away at the silicone. It did make a difference in the sound quality. I got bigger bass and better sound overall and not stifled sound like i did before modding.

Mar 13, 2011 at 1:33 PM Post #19 of 237

Quote:
I would also recommend to try modded Shure Tri-Flanges. I cut them down to only the last big cap. They fit me better than Shure Olives, isolate very good and the bass is very punchy.

Ok are these the Shure Tri-Flanges you're talking about:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Shure-EATFL1-6-Triple-Flange-Sleeves-3-Pair-NEW-/140517807063?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20b78393d7

Does the sound exit port flares out to about double the diameter from front to back, just like the double flange silicone tips that came with the Atrios?

Mar 13, 2011 at 4:11 PM Post #20 of 237
The holes look bigger to me...they're pretty tiny normally.  I didn't like how they sounded either.

I've recently been using Klipsch double flanges.  I'll see if I can work them into my OP.  I just got a set of new Atrios with MG7 drivers, so I'll be doing some listening this week.

Mar 13, 2011 at 4:14 PM Post #21 of 237

Quote:
The holes look bigger to me...

I've recently been using Klipsch double flanges.  I'll see if I can work them into my OP.  I just got a set of new Atrios with MG7 drivers, so I'll be doing some listening this week.

I hope you enjoy the New Atrios Bazirker. Also which holes are you talking about from which ear tip are you referring to?

Mar 13, 2011 at 6:58 PM Post #22 of 237
Quote:
I hope you enjoy the New Atrios Bazirker. Also which holes are you talking about from which ear tip are you referring to?

The Shure eartips you modified.

Mar 13, 2011 at 7:16 PM Post #23 of 237
I can't keep buying & trying different tips...the money adds up. I'm seriously thinking about going the custom route for these Atrios.

Mar 13, 2011 at 8:01 PM Post #24 of 237

Quote:
I can't keep buying & trying different tips...the money adds up. I'm seriously thinking about going the custom route for these Atrios.

For some reason, I can't find a good eartip with these.  I keep coming back to the original foam, which are not that great.  I mean, they sound great, but they aren't too comfortable, and they take a while to put in, take out.  Also, too much isolation for me to use at work.

I would look to customizing these, too, but because of the soundstage, these headphones aren't 100% perfect, which I feel is a criteria for going custom.

Mar 14, 2011 at 6:49 AM Post #25 of 237
Give me a week and I'll write up what I find with my new mg7's after they break in.  There didn't seem to be any interest in this for awhile so I didn't bother writing up my other tips I have, but now that it seems someone will benefit, I'll do my best!

Mar 14, 2011 at 10:40 AM Post #26 of 237

Quote:
For some reason, I can't find a good eartip with these.  I keep coming back to the original foam, which are not that great.  I mean, they sound great, but they aren't too comfortable, and they take a while to put in, take out.  Also, too much isolation for me to use at work.

I would look to customizing these, too, but because of the soundstage, these headphones aren't 100% perfect, which I feel is a criteria for going custom.

Maybe this might help you make a decision:

http://homerecording.about.com/od/audiomonitorreviews/fr/fs_softerwear.htm

Mar 14, 2011 at 12:39 PM Post #27 of 237
Mar 14, 2011 at 2:41 PM Post #28 of 237

Quote:
I still have the 20% discount for these that came with my Atrios.  But with an audiologist's impressions, it would still end up being $180-200.  At that point, I'd rather buy a new pair of IEMs to wear at work, and wear the Atrios everywhere else.

Yeah I kinda feel the same way.  If I'm gonna get custom earphones, instead of spending $200 on Atrios and then another $200 on Softerwear sleeves, I could've bought a pair of 1964-T
or JH5's.  That said, I am enjoying these mg7's a lot...

Mar 16, 2011 at 1:55 AM Post #30 of 237
I was having tip problems as well.

I've since settled on the stock triple flange. (small)

Be careful as hell if your snipping and cutting the tips cost $20 total.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back