PS Audio Noise Harvester
Jan 18, 2007 at 2:28 PM Post #46 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by empire23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not exactly correct my friend, we still have reflections caused by impedence mismatch so mind you there's a sweet spot between attenuation and reflections and due to the mismatch between the connector and cable, shortest might not always be best.

I don't use connectors, they make it sound edgy with lack of low-level detail, it's a small difference though.
I need to use a connector for the wall, otherwise I get evicted. It would be pretty hard to solder the wires there anyway, there is too much blue light when trying to hold the wires together, my eyes are too sensitive for that tweak.

Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalmind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since you have the 5th dead and open, would you mind taking pictures of what's in there? Curiosity is getting to me.
smily_headphones1.gif

I have successfully got my dead camera working again, I changed to a new pair of AA batteries. I will take the pics soon.

Jan 18, 2007 at 2:41 PM Post #47 of 104
I used to use Harvesters in my main system, and I never noticed the bass boost you mention. That said, it's very easy to overuse them: The soundstage shrinks dramatically, and the sound becomes compressed. Now I use only one, in the outlet next to my amp. The change is very minor. I think they're way overpriced for what they offer, but I keep them in my bag o' tricks just in case the mood strikes me to try them again. Ah, the life of an inveterate tweaker.
mad.gif

Jan 18, 2007 at 4:04 PM Post #48 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quint /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I used to use Harvesters in my main system, and I never noticed the bass boost you mention. That said, it's very easy to overuse them: The soundstage shrinks dramatically, and the sound becomes compressed. Now I use only one, in the outlet next to my amp. The change is very minor. I think they're way overpriced for what they offer, but I keep them in my bag o' tricks just in case the mood strikes me to try them again. Ah, the life of an inveterate tweaker.
mad.gif

Exactly the same thing what i noticed when removing the shielding of a powercable...it opens up the soundstage and the sound doesn't sound compressed...i thibnk the harvester is nothing more then a simple ferrite...
wink.gif
does the same thing as shielding...

Jan 18, 2007 at 9:40 PM Post #51 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by dcfis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Were are these PEM things that are 30 bucks?

Allied electronics, Mouser.com, Digikey.com, look under PEM (Power Entry Module), your best bets are Corcom (Tyco electronics), Qualtek and Schaffner

Jan 19, 2007 at 2:03 AM Post #52 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sources and amps don't magically make an improvement, they just change the flavor. What the flavor is depends on a combination of resonance, power, RFI/EMI, cables etc.

So in your opinion, amps and sources are merely incidental to the sound and the only real way to change the sound is by tweaks?

Jan 19, 2007 at 2:38 AM Post #53 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by hugz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So in your opinion, amps and sources are merely incidental to the sound and the only real way to change the sound is by tweaks?

that's his moto... didn't you know that already
rs1smile.gif

Jan 19, 2007 at 8:51 AM Post #54 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by hugz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, remove the problems that affect the gear and they sound similar. I see others who agree with me:

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue26/stillpoint.htm
Quote:

It may sound like I am exaggerating the effects of the Stillpoint Component Stands, but I promise you I am not. Are the Stillpoints worth the asking price? If you measure their worth by the degree of improvement that just one unit accomplishes, the answer is a resounding yes. Is the improvement equal to the one brought about by changing cables? Absolutely. Changing a component? Yes. In fact, I have often heard less difference when swapping CD players, or even amplifiers.

Jan 21, 2007 at 5:20 PM Post #55 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have successfully got my dead camera working again, I changed to a new pair of AA batteries. I will take the pics soon.

The picture quality of this camera isn't as good as my other dead camera. This one doesn't have any good focusing abilities, I changed the front switch to a flower picture but it still doesn't seem to work good. I can't make better pictures than this.

all.JPG

yellow.box.JPG

top.JPG

Jan 21, 2007 at 9:22 PM Post #56 of 104
Just as i thought, some cheap arse snubber cap in an LCR filter network, with an LED in series with a resistor and voltage div. Some Wimas, RN60Ds or Caddocks (i love their inductionless resistors XD) would do a better job. The nerve people have to charge 100 USD for a pile of junk like that. 2 years to build that lol? See the toroid? That's the L, see the caps? That's the C and see that resistor? That's the R. Audiophile industry here i come....and i here thought EE was useless :p

Forgive me if i sound like a self whoring pimp but, i'll build you something better for 75 USD.....and i'll still be overcharging you.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Schaffner-High-P...QQcmdZViewItem

1) Buy stuff in Ebay link (I can't, i don't a credit card)
2) Wait for package
3) Install into mains, make sure you don't get killed.
4) ??????
5) Profit

Anyways, for some dumb reason i have this urge to go and buy magic pebbles, no kidding......****

Jan 21, 2007 at 9:27 PM Post #57 of 104
LOL

I saw this thread title and was going to post a comment but empire beat me to it -_-

Oh well. Empire, the '???' is the audiophile magic; didn't you know?

Jan 21, 2007 at 10:25 PM Post #58 of 104
Empire or somebody please point me to something that will give clean, noise free power for the one item (headphone amp) that I use that plugs into the wall. Surge protection a plus.

Jan 21, 2007 at 10:26 PM Post #59 of 104
What's happened to the windings on the transformer?!?! I'm tempted to take apart my Russ Andrews The Silencer for comedy value too. It cost freakin' $80 and is plugged in next to my energiser, doing **** all. I could've done with a pair of SR60 instead of this POS. I'm done trolling on threads with anything to do with black plastic boxes that claim to achieve miracles. Really don't know why I bought one in the first place... Their incredible marketing tripped me up
frown.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcfis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Patrick so your telling me that all those vallhalla cables cost $72,365.85 USD?? Jumping Jesus they didnt even give you a bulk discount?

According to xe.com, he spent 86k on Valhalla. You were out by 14k
biggrin.gif
It boggles my mind to wonder how a 24 year old can afford to spend 86k on cables... What do you eat Patrick?
tongue.gif

Jan 21, 2007 at 10:58 PM Post #60 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What do you eat Patrick?
tongue.gif

I bought my first Valhalla 2 years ago. I liked the improvement so I kept buying more. Year 2007 my fridge has more stuff in it because my Valhalla setup is complete.

Year 2005

568_fridge.(2005.09.06).jpg

568_freezer.(2005.09.06).jpg

Year 2006

fridge.and.freezer.(2006.06.18).JPG

Year 2007

fridge.and.freezer.(2007.01.21).JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back