PS Audio Noise Harvester
Jan 26, 2007 at 7:28 PM Post #91 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After a while I try it again, I finally press pause and it freaks me out, wow what happened to real life. Someone removed the sounds from real life! My audio system sounds more real life than real life itself, it is confusing to listen. I don't know when I'm listening to my audio system. The sounds come from real life and when I press pause the sounds are gone, it's like putting ear plugs on. What is going on?

Guy it sounds like your having a psychotic break, and if ur 24 prime age for schizophernia to emerge. After reading several of your threads you meet a fair number of criteria so please take some of your money and instead of buying another 'tweak' get some help. There are ppl that can help. You guys be nice with him and less mocking the guy needs help.

Jan 26, 2007 at 8:01 PM Post #92 of 104
Michael - I wouldn't bother... I got in **** the last time that I said basically the same thing. Patrick has mentioned at times that he has issues. Personally, I think he just acts this way because he enjoys the attention.

Jan 26, 2007 at 8:07 PM Post #93 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael415 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guy it sounds like your having a psychotic break, and if ur 24 prime age for schizophernia to emerge. After reading several of your threads you meet a fair number of criteria so please take some of your money and instead of buying another 'tweak' get some help. There are ppl that can help. You guys be nice with him and less mocking the guy needs help.

When I say Valhalla is crazy cable, I'm not kidding! Harvester pushed the psychosis a little further, amazing tweak. The highs from ERS Paper are addicting as well, it's like a drug and I'm using all day.

Jan 27, 2007 at 5:32 AM Post #94 of 104
I was just going to listen to one track before going to bed, but I ended up listening for hours, it hasn't happened before because I can control it and force myself out of it, but not with the Harvester. The improvements just keep getting bigger and bigger since I opened up my "placebo protection suit". I haven't been this impressed from an upgrade since...never! I have listened to my 192 kbps mp3's for a year and they sound completely different now, new detail everywhere, vocals sound like never before, I didn't know the vocalists sounded like that, it is more clear now.

BTW. The difference between mp3 and wav is nothing to me, the difference it almost as small as wiping off dust from headphone cable. People like to exaggerate and brag that the difference is big, it is not, at least not as big as Harvester or any other tweak.

Jan 28, 2007 at 12:58 AM Post #95 of 104
It sounded muddy a day later. I turned off my computer for half an hour but didn't keep music running through K1000 with my other transport. The end result was edginess and muddiness from cold K1000 drivers, there was lack of detail. The edginess gave me a headache but CleanSweep of Power Plant fixed it. After a few hours of K1000 burn-in it sounded little too smooth again. I listened to Cary and it was too smooth as well, Cary didn't sound like it did two days ago.

I turned off my components for 6 minutes using the button on P300 Power Plant. It didn't help much.
Then I unplugged the P300 from the wall for 8 minutes and the difference was huge. It sounded brighter with more midrange clarity. The muddiness was greatly reduced, but not the same as when I unplugged it for half an hour.
It sounded very bright and edgy so I did the CleanSweep and the improvement was crazy! It made it super smooth with more transparency and detail. The soundstage got bigger because of smoother ambient decay. CleanSweep makes the biggest difference after the system has been off. I would give it (PS Audio MultiWave II+) a 30 million improvement score right now. 2 years ago it got only 5 score (for Cary 303/300) because my system didn't have enough resolution.

My P300 Power Plant had been on for 8 days 14 hours. It seems that it sounds the best after 5 days of burn-in, but after 7 days it just goes downhill.
mad.gif

The computer transport lasts only 2 days before it gets muddy and needs to be unplugged, then it needs to be burned in for a day. Crappy technology...

I remember now, 18 months ago I was using all my gear in stand-by with P300 Power Plant running. Every time after 1-2 weeks my system sounded muddier than before, every time! The problem is the P300 Power Plant!! Big muddy capacitors... I wonder if plugging it into another Power Plant and doing CleanSweep will fix it. If not, then there's a big problem.

Maybe I should replace P300 with Premier Power Plant, but then I don't have MWave4 anymore.
frown.gif

Maybe replacing capacitors of P300 is needed.

Jan 28, 2007 at 3:52 AM Post #96 of 104
Maybe it's better that I'm getting inconsistent sound anyway. This way the psychosis only lasts a short time before the muddier sound causes me to wake up and take care of the problem (I don't want to wake up and see that a long-term psychosis has done something I regret). I'm too poor to fix the hole in my window anyway, and the hole in my door, and in my closet, and...oh my god I have holes everywhere! I counted 12 holes in my room. That might explain the huge draft I'm getting. I can feel the air circulating everywhere!

Jan 28, 2007 at 6:18 AM Post #97 of 104
After unplugging my system for 8 mins I'm getting too edgy sound now, horrible, I just want to turn off music. Earlier I wanted to turn off music because it was too warm, now it's the opposite! Why does a tweak need to make so big differences!? After I got the Harvester everything is more revealing now. I just want every tweak to be subtle so I can fine tune the sound properly, but instead I'm getting HUUUUUGE differences.
frown.gif

I have warmed up the room to compensate for the edginess, it didn't work, the power of power is more powerful than the power of ambient temperature. The warmer air just makes it harder to breathe.

The CleanSweep is helping but I don't want my finger to get sore... Without CleanSweep I wouldn't even be able to listen to music!

The edginess comes from lack of low-level detail. Need to burn in the system again...

Jan 29, 2007 at 5:04 AM Post #98 of 104
Ah yes. I can feel the synergy in my body now, amazing. I'm inside the recordings now!
eek.gif
No matter how crappy the recordings are it sounds great. I don't want to stop listening again. I get a weird feeling in my body I have never felt before, something is opening up in my body now. I get the feeling in my upper stomach area below the chest, it feels like something is moving around there. I can feel some kind of adrenaline too.

EDIT: I know what it is now, it's love. I have never felt a strong feeling like this before. It comes from turning on music.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butterflies_in_the_stomach
Quote:

Butterflies in the stomach is a medical condition characterized by the physical sensation of a "fluttery" (hence butterflies) feeling in the stomach. Some believe that this is caused by the release of epinephrine, or adrenaline, when one is nervous, pulling blood away from the stomach and sending it to the muscles. This in turn causes the stomach to temporarily shut down, possibly the reason for loss of apetite when one is "love sick".

Jan 29, 2007 at 4:59 PM Post #100 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OMG. I can feel adrenaline spreading all over my body now. It is very strong. It feels annoying and good at the same time. It feels like Harvester is taking my virginity away.

You need to check yourself in to a mental institution immediately.You show all the sighns of schizophrenia with mania.It's quite apparent that you have lost touch reality.Get HELP!

Jan 29, 2007 at 6:52 PM Post #101 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairbanks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You need to check yourself in to a mental institution immediately.You show all the sighns of schizophrenia with mania.It's quite apparent that you have lost touch reality.Get HELP!

This has been tried a few times. Just let it go.

Jan 31, 2007 at 1:23 AM Post #103 of 104
I haven't listened to my system for over a day now. I'm too scared of getting drawn inside the psychosis. It's like a drug. I think it was the extra rubber bands for the foot that did it, the feet are suspended the same depth now. There is better synergy than before. Small difference but still huge.

Feb 4, 2007 at 12:13 PM Post #104 of 104
I replaced P300 with Premier Power Plant and got very thin bass because Premier doesn't have MWave4. I plugged in 3 Harvesters into wall and still not enough bass. It was just flat and empty. But then I put back P300 and crazy bass was back.
basshead.gif
I'm only using the P300 for my DAC1 now, it might have just the right amount of bass. I still have 3 Harvesters plugged in.

MWave4 was the reason for the extra bass I wanted to remove, but when I use MWave1 I get lack of detail and too little bass. Tweaks make too big differences!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back