Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
May 8, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #11,807 of 37,711
Better to late than nothing , This afternoon i Bought My LCD X from our local Audeze Dealer .
Before was loaner from My Friend during he traveling

Out The box LCD X

That's a sight to behold. I'd love to photograph a pair of those. I'll probably end up with LCD-2's by the end of the year myself. I wish they had an all-black version.

They released the XC in a blacked out version which is pretty cool.
http://www.audeze.com/about-audeze/blog/barton-perreira-audeze-and-london-bridge-trading-company-collaboration

May 8, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #11,810 of 37,711
  Audio Heaven. RIght now I'm wondering if a portable rig could get better than this??

AK240 + Tralucent Uber + Ref1 :-

Congratulation AnakChan.  

- Are you using the Balanced plug ?  If not, do you expect an additional SQ increase using balanced HO of the AK240 ? 

- Do you believe that  AK240>HUGO>Ref1  could bring also another SQ upgrade compared to your lovely set-up ? 

May 8, 2014 at 4:36 PM Post #11,811 of 37,711
L3000.gif

May 8, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #11,812 of 37,711
Just wanted to show off my new UE 900s' (yes 900s - the new version) I'm not use to the over-the-ear style of iems and I will admit that learning how to get these babies properly seated is a bit frustrating but I'm starting to get the hang of it. Contemplating getting a pair of Grado GR-10's to try out and which ever I like more stays :)
I'm still waiting on my FiiO E18 to show up hopefully today. And I'm still trying to decide on which player to use also to root or not.

Cool! We have the same case! However j have a question. How are you gonna attach the E18 to your phone in that behemoth of a case???

May 8, 2014 at 5:08 PM Post #11,813 of 37,711
Cool! We have the same case! However j have a question. How are you gonna attach the E18 to your phone in that behemoth of a case???

Yeah I'm curious about that part myself. We'll see once it gets here. I like this case, but it is a junk catcher. All the nooks and crannies in the case catch dirt and crap. My phone never got dirty when it was without a case.

May 8, 2014 at 6:23 PM Post #11,814 of 37,711

Congratulation AnakChan.  

- Are you using the Balanced plug ?  If not, do you expect an additional SQ increase using balanced HO of the AK240 ? 

- Do you believe that  AK240>HUGO>Ref1  could bring also another SQ upgrade compared to your lovely set-up ? 

None of what you see in the pix belongs to me except for the Uber cable. The AK240 is a Team Tokyo loaner making its rounds whilst the Tralucent Ref1 is also just a demo/loaner I got last night. The Uber is mine though from a purchase last year.

I don't have access to a Hugo so sadly I can't say.  I only spent 15 min with the Hugo 3 months back at a show so it won't be fair for me to make any speculative comments on this kind of pairing.

May 8, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #11,815 of 37,711
Ooooh.... man, how I adore this walkman. The touchscreen, sound, built in noise cancelling and most important that granite body finish.
BTW, those cables look nice dude!
Quote:
Sony Walkman NWZ-X1060BI + Sony MDR-EX1000 w/ PlusSound Exo Series Custom Cable

Wow do they look sweet. Enjoy your new headphones!
Better to late than nothing , This afternoon i Bought My LCD X from our local Audeze Dealer .
Before was loaner from My Friend during he traveling

Out The box LCD X

Thanks dude. Going retro now. I havent used the MDR-710 in a long time and was pretty suprised by the vibration of the earpads as the bass was playing. I never noticed that effect before in a headphone, maybe because I dont have many on-ear type of headphones.

Also I'm quite impressed with the Blackberry OS. Not at all laggy. I actually prefer it both IOS and android. Although the blackberry app store doesnt have as many apps as the either two, I feel it not being congested in terms of the amount of software added onto both apple and android products. If i can figure out a way to play itunes movies in blackberry, my ipod touch and old iphone will see its way out!
Sweet rig my man...

May 8, 2014 at 11:09 PM Post #11,818 of 37,711
If anyone is interested, I just posted a TOTL HP shootout review.

This was the lineup:

Desktop Chain:
High Res Music  > Mac Mini > USB > OffRamp 5  > HDMI > PWDmkII > Eddie Current Zana Deux / Violectric HPA V200 > Single Ended > Headphones

Headphone Lineup:
OPPO PM-1, HD800, LCD2.2, T1, HE500, Fostex TH900, HD650, HD600

DAPs:
DX90, X5

The link is:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/717989/totl-hp-shootout-oppo-pm-1-hd800-lcd2-2-t1-he500-fostex-th900-hd650-hd600

May 8, 2014 at 11:15 PM Post #11,819 of 37,711
Tonight's rig for me:
5.5G iMod and Leckerton UHA 6S.MKII pumping DT 880 250ohm Premiums. Using a solid silver LOD. There are no DC blocking caps anywhere in the setup.

Just pure music.

8adyde6e.jpg

uguraseb.jpg

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

May 9, 2014 at 9:58 AM Post #11,820 of 37,711

Users who are viewing this thread

Back