Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
May 10, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #11,839 of 37,652
What is the difference?  Are there hardware or software mods?  Thanks.

IMHO, I have no idea haha..... but I'm guessing they removed those awful 20+ohm outputs cos they didn't screw up the FR of my ciem. It was actually quite impromptu. I was meeting a friend then he was introducing me to all the stuff he was selling. Then he pulled out a gold AK100 and I was like WHAT IS THAT.... then I had to give it back cos it cost 600+ second hand and I only had 400 that day. Ended up owning X5 but I still feel if I had that little more money I would have bought the gold AK100. Sounds better and has better UI.

May 10, 2014 at 9:42 PM Post #11,844 of 37,652
May 10, 2014 at 9:44 PM Post #11,845 of 37,652
working flawlessly after the upgrade.. :)

its a vaping device, nothing audio related but i like enjoying both at the same time.

the silver thingy on top is an atomizer for vaping. again its nothing related to the rig..

Ohh I see. Thanks, mate.

May 11, 2014 at 12:04 AM Post #11,847 of 37,652
It's not. I believe it's based off the mk1

I don't think the mk1's high output impedance is really much of an issue if you are going to amp it, which I think Rudi usually does looking at his stacks.  The amps are high impedance input, and low impedance output, and besides Rudi's rigs are high impedance phones so sonic quality should not be at a loss.

May 11, 2014 at 12:12 AM Post #11,848 of 37,652
I don't think the mk1's high output impedance is really much of an issue if you are going to amp it, which I think Rudi usually does looking at his stacks.  The amps are high impedance input, and low impedance output, and besides Rudi's rigs are high impedance phones so sonic quality should not be at a loss.

I use CIEM, have no use for amp. Rather spend on something else. The Mk1's output impedance problem is bad for ppl like me who have no use for external amp. Besides, if I'd spend that much money on a player, I'd rather not spend more on an amp that I would only use with the AK100 ( since I'm just using ciem ). That makes it a useless stack IMHO. That's why I don't like the mk1. Then again other ppl use it for full sized HPs so ymmv. It's all personal opinion and predicament.

May 11, 2014 at 12:17 AM Post #11,849 of 37,652
I use CIEM, have no use for amp. Rather spend on something else. The Mk1's output impedance problem is bad for ppl like me who have no use for external amp. Besides, if I'd spend that much money on a player, I'd rather not spend more on an amp that I would only use with the AK100 ( since I'm just using ciem ). That makes it a useless stack IMHO. That's why I don't like the mk1. Then again other ppl use it for full sized HPs so ymmv. It's all personal opinion and predicament.

Yes, for CIEMs there should be no motivation for external amp, but Mk1 is not helping with it's output impedance.  I'm guessing the design was originally for higher impedance and high sensitivity(there can't be that much juice given the size) headphones, which was a poor design choice as a portable player that is suppose to cater to audiophile market.  Weak amp, high output impedance, what are you suppose to use it with, if you are not amping?  Not the best design choices.

May 11, 2014 at 12:22 AM Post #11,850 of 37,652
  Yes, for CIEMs there should be no motivation for external amp, but Mk1 is not helping with it's output impedance.  I'm guessing the design was originally for higher impedance and high sensitivity(there can't be that much juice given the size) headphones, which was a poor design choice as a portable player that is suppose to cater to audiophile market.  Weak amp, high output impedance, what are you suppose to use it with, if you are not amping?  Not the best design choices.

And no line out lol. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back