New Beats Headphones, the "Executive"
Jul 27, 2012 at 2:08 PM Post #46 of 117
Does this remind anyone else of the TDK ST-800 (or even ST-700)?  That was the first thing I thought about when I saw it.

Sep 17, 2012 at 6:17 PM Post #48 of 117
I'm told today that these should hit the streets in Oct.

Here's a review found on the web posted today.

http://m.techcrunch.com/2012/09/16/beats-targets-the-business-traveller-with-executive-edition-headphones-we-listen-in/

Oct 5, 2012 at 4:58 PM Post #49 of 117
currently testing the silver version at work. all i will say is they're pretty comfortable and look clean. 
smily_headphones1.gif

maybe i'll give my impressions once they've been released but my budget headphone collection reminds me that i'm not so qualified for that haha.

Oct 5, 2012 at 5:50 PM Post #51 of 117
Quote:
Beats seems to be getting better after leaving Monster (for instance the MIXR is supposed to be good for the price according to some people on this forum)

I am a fan.  I wasn't before.  

I will have the new Executive in as soon as it comes out so stay subscribed.

Oct 5, 2012 at 6:02 PM Post #52 of 117
I think the main problem people have with beats is the overwhelming bass. i personally don't find it overwhelming at all; i would say it has a proper amount of bass (i listen to rap/dubstep.) Me and pretty much all of my friends would never classify beats as bass monsters or having too much bass. Why are teenagers so different than adults 
rolleyes.gif

Oct 5, 2012 at 7:14 PM Post #53 of 117
I can't wait to hear them so I have some backing for my bashing.

Oct 5, 2012 at 7:16 PM Post #54 of 117
Quote:
I think the main problem people have with beats is the overwhelming bass. i personally don't find it overwhelming at all; i would say it has a proper amount of bass (i listen to rap/dubstep.) Me and pretty much all of my friends would never classify beats as bass monsters or having too much bass. Why are teenagers so different than adults 
rolleyes.gif

It's not that it's overwhelming...it because it sounds bloated and like garbage. Yeah, once upon a time...I couldn't get enough base, especially in my car audio. However, there's a huge difference in big bass and mud. With Beats, you get both, big mud and not much else.

Oct 5, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #55 of 117
Quote:
rolleyes.gif

Because most of the people who's not into audio after upgrading from generic head phone to beat think that more bass is everything...

Oct 5, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #59 of 117
Kinda off topic but can you review the new on ear headphones from sms audio ( http://smsby50.com/products/street-by-50-black ) I quickly a/b'd the over ear version vs the studios and the sms audio had better bass and clearer highs for $50 less; so I imagine these will be way better than the solo hd because the over ear version was only worked on for 2 months and they still beat the studios while these were worked on for at least a year. :)

Oct 6, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #60 of 117
Quote:
Kinda off topic but can you review the new on ear headphones from sms audio ( http://smsby50.com/products/street-by-50-black ) I quickly a/b'd the over ear version vs the studios and the sms audio had better bass and clearer highs for $50 less; so I imagine these will be way better than the solo hd because the over ear version was only worked on for 2 months and they still beat the studios while these were worked on for at least a year.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'll reach out to them for review samples.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back