New Beats Headphones, the "Executive"
Nov 15, 2011 at 10:17 PM Post #2 of 117
Not another stupid overpriced, crap sounding excuse for a headphone... On first glance, they remind me of the shure SRH series. 

Nov 15, 2011 at 10:49 PM Post #3 of 117
Like the all black

Nov 15, 2011 at 11:07 PM Post #7 of 117
I see one good possible outcome of this flurry of new beats that're being released. Maybe companies that make good headphones will drop their prices some to be more competitive and then I can buy more cans.

not that that's likely or anything considering that most headphones don't even have to try and compete with beats.

Nov 15, 2011 at 11:16 PM Post #8 of 117
"beat's legendary sound quality in a more refined package" they say.  Going by this they mean the same sound as before?  Meaning the legendary mediocreness + more expensive housing = more expensive headphones with nicer build quality but the same sound.

Nov 15, 2011 at 11:17 PM Post #9 of 117
This is it!!

Its the end!!

This spells the end of head-fi and protable audiophillia.

There is no stopping Jimmy Iovine now!!

He'll run every single headphone company to the ground!!!

LCD3??  HAH! 

Nov 15, 2011 at 11:24 PM Post #11 of 117
I think they look decent, not the best, but I would wear them based on looks. I really do like the black. Sound quality is another thing though, and I say we give it a fair chance before criticizing them. 

Nov 15, 2011 at 11:30 PM Post #12 of 117
I don't think anything with the beats logo on it has ever sounded good.

Nov 15, 2011 at 11:45 PM Post #14 of 117
I'll take my chances on a new ATH A900X I just ordered yesterday for a $100 less. Why do I have a feeling these new Audio Technicas are gonna be superior in every way in the sound department. Just a haunch. Maybe they have been reading the threads here at headfi.  Could they have been seeing what V-moda has been doing with their newer M-80s? With comments such as.." These are what the beats should be.?" Hmmm. Who knows, maybe they straightened out the sound on these. Lets hear the first review on them and see what happens.

Nov 16, 2011 at 12:07 AM Post #15 of 117
They do look amazing, but it's unfortunate that what clockmaker said. Anything with the beats logo on it sounds horrible. I don't get how can a company who produces the turbine series could actually produce a beats series with such a crappy audio quality... I'd really hope they improve the sound quality (by a huge margin) for this though... 

Either way, there's too much beats variation in the market, think monster is wasting away their money on useless R&D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back