New Beats Headphones, the "Executive"
Oct 11, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #91 of 117
I think the looks are superb but we will see what they do with the sound. Beats has so much potential but I feel like they will never make a balanced headphone.

Very interested to see how people like these

Oct 11, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #93 of 117
Quote:
Monster targets a larger market, so I don't think they'll offer balanced cabling, or develop true high-end products anytime soon.

Beats Audio separated from Monster a while ago, but your point probably still stands.

Honestly, I'm probably not qualified to make any judgments about audio quality. Just judging by the level of bass though, these don't feel like refaced Studios...

Oct 17, 2012 at 1:40 AM Post #98 of 117
Quote:
I have a feeling that they won't even compare to the K267's and the M-100's.

I'll reserve any judgment until I hear them of course.  But based on my past experience with Beats, I remain skeptical as all hell that it might sound good.

Oct 17, 2012 at 11:26 AM Post #100 of 117
Quote:

I'll reserve any judgment until I hear them of course.  But based on my past experience with Beats, I remain skeptical as all hell that it might sound good.

I saw a review that said it is more balanced than previous beats but it still has enhanced bass. Beats also said these are an example of what's to come after breaking up with monster

Oct 17, 2012 at 5:33 PM Post #102 of 117
[size=small]I tried them out during my lunch hour. It's 86 degrees here in San Francisco and I didn't feel any heat discomfort. Passive noise isolation is very good. The headphones are all aluminum and feels great in the hand and on the head. The BIGGEST disappointment is that it has to be powered by batteries with noise canceling ON to use. No passive feature. There is a bit more hissing noise from the electronics than I like. Sound signature is definitely smoother than the Studio. Bass is not heavy at all. I need more ear time. Stay tuned.[/size]

Oct 17, 2012 at 7:08 PM Post #104 of 117
Quote:
What is the sound leakage like? The studios were horrible for leaking way too much sound.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll test that out when I get home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back