HiBy RS8 flagship Darwin R2R Android DAP -- Class A -- news and impressions thread
Sep 19, 2022 at 12:56 PM Post #31 of 3,413
Unfortunately I kinda clocked out so nothing crazy in depth, I just know what my Aroma jewel sounds like and I've never heard it so natural and cohesive with more quantity of bass while being so... The best way to put it the jewel sounds like it hit it's final form... (Refined to the best I've heard it) it gave it a bit of a midbass bump but just right.
The texture is amazing and so was the dynamics timbre and transients.

I hooked up my jewel to the HM1 and I found a similar impression(less so on transients) but with more body it was a great pairing too if you wanted to hook them up for a desktop listen.
Did it have mid thickness like LP or more balanced? How was the top end, bit more lively?

Sep 19, 2022 at 1:09 PM Post #32 of 3,413
Unfortunately I kinda clocked out so nothing crazy in depth, I just know what my Aroma jewel sounds like and I've never heard it so natural and cohesive with more quantity of bass while being so... The best way to put it the jewel sounds like it hit it's final form... (Refined to the best I've heard it) it gave it a bit of a midbass bump but just right.
The texture is amazing and so was the dynamics timbre and transients.

I hooked up my jewel to the HM1 and I found a similar impression(less so on transients) but with more body it was a great pairing too if you wanted to hook them up for a desktop listen.
oh god my upgraditis..

Sep 19, 2022 at 1:51 PM Post #33 of 3,413
Did it have mid thickness like LP or more balanced? How was the top end, bit more lively?
I would say it's inbetween... more lively over the LP6, overall I'd say yes ! but specifically asking the top end I would of needed more time and as I wasn't able to use my own source... but the song choices were the same for all musicteck daps so I searched for songs I knew and did a bunch of playbacks.

Sep 19, 2022 at 2:27 PM Post #34 of 3,413
Finally, thx
What was the IEM you tried.
Anything stood out like more organic, etc?
Regarding price, you could just visit Andrew and ask?
But I guess pricing isn't officially reveiled
I asked him and he told me definitely above $3k, probably leaning towards $3.5k. He said he will try to convince Hiby to offer a lower price.

Sep 19, 2022 at 2:32 PM Post #35 of 3,413
I asked him and he told me definitely above $3k, probably leaning towards $3.5k. He said he will try to convince Hiby to offer a lower price.
Maybe we should unite country / continent wide and get price offs for mass orders 😉
Scared about the massive customs though

Sep 19, 2022 at 3:03 PM Post #36 of 3,413
Sep 19, 2022 at 3:05 PM Post #37 of 3,413
Also sharing @Rockwell75 CanJam impressions https://www.head-fi.org/threads/can...ead-september-17-18-2022.964899/post-17150762
containing impressions about RS8 too.
Damn, I am both keen on RS8 and potentially Odissey.
Want to demo Supermoon first though as I will get the opportunity and that IEM is so much more affordable especially once you want RS8 too 😉
Supermoon was really good out of my dx320 and I didn't hear the issue I had with it at canjam Chicago it's the best planar implementation to date and well worth its asking price if you want a hifiman planar in IEM form this is your go to.

Sep 19, 2022 at 3:08 PM Post #38 of 3,413
Supermoon was really good out of my dx320 and I didn't hear the issue I had with it at canjam Chicago it's the best planar implementation to date and well worth its asking price if you want a hifiman planar in IEM form this is your go to.

Nice you just reminded me that I got to hear @Shecky504's @Whitigir modded 320...it was my first Ibasso DAP experience and I really really liked it.

Sep 19, 2022 at 3:48 PM Post #39 of 3,413
Sep 19, 2022 at 3:53 PM Post #40 of 3,413
Are you back on the IEM bandwagon? I remember you went completely to the headphone side a while back!
Well, yes, I hope I am kind of settled with my current desktop setup now, so I got some taste of my good old DAP times with Odin and now EXT.
RS6 with EXT belongs to the best I've heard (Though comfort is mediocre), so I got inspired to find some endgame here too.
RS8 sounds like a good way.

Sep 19, 2022 at 3:57 PM Post #41 of 3,413
Well, yes, I hope I am kind of settled with my current desktop setup now, so I got some taste of my good old DAP times with Odin and now EXT.
RS6 with EXT belongs to the best I've heard (Though comfort is mediocre), so I got inspired to find some endgame here too.
RS8 sounds like a good way.
Yeah I get it. I went to the headphone route too after getting my portable endgame, lasted 3 months before I sold them all again. My ADHD doesn't let me sit in one place for long, learnt my lesson!

Haven't heard the EXT, but even my Phönix's fit is a bit tight, but once I hit play, it doesn't matter anymore!

Sep 20, 2022 at 4:10 AM Post #42 of 3,413
cbd0ca86-8cd9-496b-b828-1c78931c2329.jpg

db955eca-0eef-41d1-b970-562cdee7b20c.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back