HiBy RS8 flagship Darwin R2R Android DAP -- Class A -- news and impressions thread
Sep 21, 2022 at 9:53 AM Post #61 of 3,429
Now, back onto the RS8. Did you realize that the back is screwed on ? That means you can easily unscrew, and swap out battery pack, and on top of having 12000mAh, that is something seriously good!
Hi Vince, I didn't, where did you see that?

Sep 21, 2022 at 11:02 AM Post #65 of 3,429
Even a screw on Back was hard to find in this days and ages!!! My ghost, why did everyone suddenly following A&K with glues on back is beyond me, even Ibasso!!! It greatly annoys me, period
Do you think it'll be easy to change (without warranty loss, so e.g not hard-soldered)?
Approaches like user changeable accu packs as in M30 and C9 are fairly rare unfortunately and would likely consume even more space and make the device larger

Sep 21, 2022 at 11:08 AM Post #67 of 3,429
Do you think it'll be easy to change (without warranty loss, so e.g not hard-soldered)?
Approaches like user changeable accu packs as in M30 and C9 are fairly rare unfortunately and would likely consume even more space and make the device larger
There is no point to soldering it on. I mean….basically and theoretically speaking, a (correctly) direct soldered on “joins” will always be superior to the Jack plug and or Snap-on ribbon style. However, given that there are so many other sensitive systems being utilized this way, and especially smartphones that does graphics, computational power, pictures….etc….with 5G connections and so on, these Snap-on ribbon connections, and power connections were all Proven to be an amazing solutions. Then why would you want to solder the battery on ?

You can basically be debating back with the statements “Oh, that is all done for better integrity”. Yes, theoretically, it is true, but so is other areas ? Like building the socket directly onto the PCB without using any Interconnect (in case of Walkman and Sony statement)….so, no, there is no point to that argument.

I do honestly think that the battery packs will just be either a Snap-on style, like the Dx300/320 (save space), or a plug-in like the old Dx220 (take up a bit more space)

***On a side note*** horrible and sloppy solder join is Worse….literally 10X worse than a Snap-on connector. There are instances where a bad USB cables giving off static noises, glitching audio, and where even Power lines from an amplifier being sloppy soldering on, that brings about Distortions, or noises, hisses…..Those I know for a facts, and as opposed to snap-on connection that has no noises or glitches. Even some expensive Cables do have very sloppy soldering works (please Don’t ask me which)

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2022 at 11:13 AM Post #69 of 3,429
The question is who will be the first to unscrew the back !
Probably Steve as he has done a lot of work with them, hi-by :). It could also possibly be @twister6 . Alex was the first one to replace the screen on Dx200, and Alex is very capable in dissecting these. He just simply chooses to review them as is

Sep 21, 2022 at 11:20 AM Post #70 of 3,429
Probably Steve as he has done a lot of work with them, hi-by :). It could also possibly be @twister6 . Alex was the first one to replace the screen on Dx200, and Alex is very capable in dissecting these. He just simply chooses to review them as is
I hope you get a chance to try it out :) it's so good it was my favorite piece of gear at canjam this year(I bought my jewel from word of head-fi).

Sep 21, 2022 at 11:27 AM Post #71 of 3,429
I hope you get a chance to try it out :) it's so good it was my favorite piece of gear at canjam this year(I bought my jewel from word of head-fi).
Well, I am always looking toward to new stuff to discover….however, my pocket don’t always agree, and especially the current time. When you tried it, how was the heat generated ?

Sep 21, 2022 at 12:44 PM Post #75 of 3,429
Cool to the touch as far as heat goes. Also I didn’t hear any emi that I typically would if I have my iPhone 12 next to my HiBy RS6 !
Sure thing ! Since the back look to be titanium as well from the picture, and titanium is amazing against EMI interferences. All of the glass back and glue on as I have continuously saying and giving feedbacks to manufacturers….just greatly contributes toward the exposures of interferences , which a dap shouldn’t have

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back