HiBy RS8 flagship Darwin R2R Android DAP -- Class A -- news and impressions thread
Sep 20, 2022 at 8:27 AM Post #46 of 3,429
Can't we make a massdrop event for RS8? 😉

Sep 20, 2022 at 2:58 PM Post #47 of 3,429
I mean I'm excited if the case the rs8 comes with is as good or better than the r8 xD
DSCF4038-1.jpg
DSCF4050-1.jpg

Sep 20, 2022 at 6:50 PM Post #50 of 3,429
What impress me most would be the 12000mAH battery packs LOL! It can even power my weed trimmer
Are full specs available / posted anywhere?

Sep 20, 2022 at 7:19 PM Post #51 of 3,429
Sep 21, 2022 at 6:17 AM Post #53 of 3,429
Man that's massive, bigger than the ones in M17 and DX300 Max. It's probably the biggest battery in a portable?
It for sure is the biggest that I have seen discloses by now. The player is probably thick !! But wow! I really do want such massive battery, especially with class A and other fancy stuff

Sep 21, 2022 at 7:46 AM Post #55 of 3,429
Looks to be exactly the same size and shape chassis as the R8. It has a 10000mah battery
That's also huge, I guess I was not paying much attention to Hiby. But after buying RS6 they really got me interested in their line up.
RS8 seems to be making waves already, a few people preferred it to SP3000.

If RS8 is priced anything closer to M9, they sure have a head turner.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2022 at 8:33 AM Post #56 of 3,429
That's also huge, I guess I was not paying much attention to Hiby. But after buying RS6 they really got me interested in their line up.
RS8 seems to be making waves already, a few people preferred it to SP3000.

If RS8 is priced anything closer to M9, they sure have a head turner.

Nothing against AK, and speaking from a typical consumer point of views, the way I see it.

A&K is no longer sitting on that throne, I hope you realized that. When comparing about Space technologies, currently, only Russia, US and China are doing a lot of thing….not Japan, not Korea

I followed what A&K had put out, and with the bad customer service forefront, the techs following isn’t anything impressive either

There are no internal pictures, and whatever they disclosed are simply copying AK chips technologies and cramped it inside a portable device that is also using AndroidOS….which is A&K technologies again ? Probably that 2.5mm socket ? I see Teraton Alpha being advertised, but then again….What is Teraton Alpha exactly ? Opamp chip set being implemented under datasheet Engineering recommendations ?

This probably will be fun if Hiby just advertise their players to be carrying Quantum Scalar Omega technologies, because these are very strong wording similar to Teraton Alpha :wink:, it doesn’t have to carry any meanings

Although, I gotta say that, a new “shiny toy” is always appreciated. The only possibly reason that A&K is still held in high regard is due to their brand being the luxurious brand that it was, and in this hobby, many people are confused between “Luxury, quality, technological advances”. A lot of people would regard “high pricing” to associate with “luxurious”, which it isn’t true. Being Luxury is very high pricing, and that much is true, but being high pricing doesn’t equally equate to being Luxurious

Now, back onto the RS8. Did you realize that the back is screwed on ? That means you can easily unscrew, and swap out battery pack, and on top of having 12000mAh, that is something seriously good!

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2022 at 9:08 AM Post #57 of 3,429
Nothing against AK, and speaking from a typical consumer point of views, the way I see it.

A&K is no longer sitting on that throne, I hope you realized that. When comparing about Space technologies, currently, only Russia, US and China are doing a lot of thing….not Japan, not Korea

I followed what A&K had put out, and with the bad customer service forefront, the techs following isn’t anything impressive either

There are no internal pictures, and whatever they disclosed are simply copying AK chips technologies and cramped it inside a portable device that is also using AndroidOS….which is A&K technologies again ? Probably that 2.5mm socket ? I see Teraton Alpha being advertised, but then again….What is Teraton Alpha exactly ? Opamp chip set being implemented under datasheet Engineering recommendations ?

This probably will be fun if Hiby just advertise their players to be carrying Quantum Scalar Omega technologies, because these are very strong wording similar to Teraton Alpha :wink:, it doesn’t have to carry any meanings

Although, I gotta say that, a new “shiny toy” is always appreciated. The only possibly reason that A&K is still held in high regard is due to their brand being the luxurious brand that it was, and in this hobby, many people are confused between “Luxury, quality, technological advances”. A lot of people would regard “high pricing” to associate with “luxurious”, which it isn’t true. Being Luxury is very high pricing, and that much is true, but being high pricing doesn’t equally equate to being Luxurious

Now, back onto the RS8. Did you realize that the back is screwed on ? That means you can easily unscrew, and swap out battery pack, and on top of having 12000mAh, that is something seriously good!
Already thinking about RS8 modding?😉

Sep 21, 2022 at 9:46 AM Post #59 of 3,429

WHAT!!! User replaceable battery on a battery powered device in 2022?? that is the most impressive thing I heard in a while. Kudos to Hiby!!!

I never a fan of AK devices, SP2K sure sounded good back in the day but never up to a TOTL level performance IMO. I would take an LPGT any day over it for a peaceful experience.
I had a horror experience with AK KANN and when AK team said that's normal that blown my mind and never looked back at AK.

Sep 21, 2022 at 9:51 AM Post #60 of 3,429
WHAT!!! User replaceable battery on a battery powered device in 2022?? that is the most impressive thing I heard in a while. Kudos to Hiby!!!

I never a fan of AK devices, SP2K sure sounded good back in the day but never up to a TOTL level performance IMO. I would take an LPGT any day over it for a peaceful experience.
I had a horror experience with AK KANN and when AK team said that's normal that blown my mind and never looked back at AK.
Pretty much agreed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back