HiBy RS8 flagship Darwin R2R Android DAP -- Class A -- news and impressions thread
Sep 16, 2022 at 5:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3,403

gLer

No DD, no DICE
HiBy is set to launch the new RS8 flagship Darwin R2R Android DAP in the coming weeks, featuring all-new Class A amplification. Come back here for more news and impressions as they become available.

RS8.jpg

Features, pricing and more images will be available soon, so watch this space...

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2022 at 5:43 AM Post #4 of 3,403
very much looking forward to CanJam impressions.
was about to sell RS6 for M9 but realized I like my favorite IEM VE EXT much more with RS6.
Hoping RS8 will push the specs like DNR further to some TOTL level like L&P implementation in DAP world or Holo Audio in desktop world so it will be a no-brainer to settle on but with streaming capabilities.

So for any of you being blessed to demo the RS8 pls consider also demoing VE EXT as this one seems to really makle a difference betwewn DAPs more so than other IEMs

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2022 at 10:02 PM Post #5 of 3,403
For me, the weakest part of RS6 is the amp section. I get much better sonic performance when I feed RS6 lineout to amps.

RS6 stand alone, to my ears lacks extension on both bass and treble, which results in thicker sound and at times lacking of resolution.

Sep 17, 2022 at 2:06 AM Post #6 of 3,403
For me, the weakest part of RS6 is the amp section. I get much better sonic performance when I feed RS6 lineout to amps.

RS6 stand alone, to my ears lacks extension on both bass and treble, which results in thicker sound and at times lacking of resolution.
I usually agree but I think it depends on amp IEM synergy, things like PO impedance vs IEM requirements etc.
My VE EXT sounds veiled and muddy out of my otherwise outstanding T&A HA200 but very good once directly fed out of RS6 balanced even though EXT is a very power hungry IEM.
For other pairings your statement can still be true though

Sep 17, 2022 at 2:13 AM Post #7 of 3,403
I usually agree but I think it depends on amp IEM synergy, things like PO impedance vs IEM requirements etc.
My VE EXT sounds veiled and muddy out of my otherwise outstanding T&A HA200 but very good once directly fed out of RS6 balanced even though EXT is a very power hungry IEM.
For other pairings your statement can still be true though
Synergy is everything. Power etc. comes later.

Sep 18, 2022 at 5:29 PM Post #10 of 3,403
Managed to try the rs8 at canjam, I was thoroughly impressed by it compared to the Cayin N8ii and Sp3000. The UI was nice and snappy, fit and finish felt premium and the sound was excellent. It’s probably wishful thinking but if this comes out around $2999 or low 3xxx they should have a real hit on their hands. I’ll be watching musictecks site in anticipation.

Sep 18, 2022 at 5:31 PM Post #11 of 3,403
Managed to try the rs8 at canjam, I was thoroughly impressed by it compared to the Cayin N8ii and Sp3000. The UI was nice and snappy, fit and finish felt premium and the sound was excellent. It’s probably wishful thinking but if this comes out around $2999 or low 3xxx they should have a real hit on their hands. I’ll be watching musictecks site in anticipation.
Finally, thx
What was the IEM you tried.
Anything stood out like more organic, etc?
Regarding price, you could just visit Andrew and ask?
But I guess pricing isn't officially reveiled

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2022 at 5:56 PM Post #15 of 3,403
Finally, thx
What was the IEM you tried.
Anything stood out like more organic, etc?
Regarding price, you could just visit Andrew and ask?
But I guess pricing isn't officially reveiled
Pricing is still up in the air apparently, wishful thinking that it’s the low 3xxx :p

Any clue as to what type of amp it uses? The R2R already has me interested but the amp circuitry could make it awesome!
Cheers!:beerchug:
-HK sends
Unsure about the amp sorry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back