GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone Amplifier
Apr 6, 2015 at 1:43 AM Post #1,051 of 5,553
Interesting observations made here by all parties. Personally, I have found that as my gear has improved I am a lot more picky about how well a piece of music has been mastered/recorded as better/more capable equipment will show up any weakness in this regard and make some music unenjoyable(unless played in the car!).
Some pieces that I have enjoyed in the past on mediocre gear are now unlistenable on my current gear, however, when I find a well recorded piece of music, it is so much more enjoyable than in the past and this makes up for it. So, a double edged sword. I just seek out the better music and enjoy it. Having numerous pieces of gear does afford one the ability to change your source and perhaps compensate for certain shortcomings in some musical pieces and I find this to be one of the interesting and fun aspects of this fabulous hobby of ours. It provides me with untold hours of enjoyment and engagement in my "Bat Cave". Greetings to all from Oz and hoping you all had a grand Easter holiday. Cheers. 

Apr 6, 2015 at 5:24 AM Post #1,052 of 5,553
I had a chance to listen HE560 and LCD2 with my Gustard. He560 was much more comfartable and neutral. But im skewing toward LCD2 beibg much more dynamic and fun but sometimes annoying.

Did anybode tested LCD2 and HE560 using Gustard H10? What is your opinion?

Apr 6, 2015 at 9:04 AM Post #1,053 of 5,553
I had a chance to listen HE560 and LCD2 with my Gustard. He560 was much more comfartable and neutral. But im skewing toward LCD2 beibg much more dynamic and fun but sometimes annoying.

Did anybode tested LCD2 and HE560 using Gustard H10? What is your opinion?

A lot of people have tested the LCD-2's and HE-560's with the H10 :wink:. Search for those terms in the thread and I'm sure you'll find plenty of info.

To put it simply, the LCD-2 + H10 is a beautiful pairing imo.

Apr 6, 2015 at 9:11 AM Post #1,054 of 5,553
Badly recorded/mastered music is the reason I still have my humble pc speakers. A lot of industrial stuff sounds horrible with my headphone gear but I can still enjoy them through my speakers.

It was also an impulsive sale that was supposed to fund something... Did not work out unfortunately. So I am on a lookout for a DAC again.
Otherwise, I was thinking about keeping the X12 for a very long time... Could have happily lived with it
redface.gif

I am sorry to hear that the deal didn't work out.

Eagerly awaiting for the X12 to arrive. Ought to be nice upgrade from NFB-15's DAC.

Apr 6, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #1,055 of 5,553

My latest purchase was Mark Knopfler's newest Tracker.  It was amazing and that is when I began to suspect that my musical choices were not optimal for a hi-fi headphone system.  As mentioned in Dave Mahler's post on the Beatles music Abbey Road and The White Album have some surprisingly musical tracks such as Come Together and Birthday.  Very well recorded.

I had hoped, maybe even expected that this headphone system would provide superior sound to my big system but my ADS l810's with a Yamaha sub are really better.

It's a true shame that your favourite music doesn't shine on a high end headphone rig. 

I think you would greatly benefit by trying new music with an open mind, though. Most music since the 70's, I think, is mixed/mastered well for 2 channel audio.

It would be an even bigger shame if you never find out the kind of pleasure that your excellent rig is really capable of giving you :).

Apr 6, 2015 at 10:30 AM Post #1,056 of 5,553
  Badly recorded/mastered music is the reason I still have my humble pc speakers. A lot of industrial stuff sounds horrible with my headphone gear but I can still enjoy them through my speakers.

I am sorry to hear that the deal didn't work out.

Eagerly awaiting for the X12 to arrive. Ought to be nice upgrade from NFB-15's DAC.

Should be. I'll ship it tomorrow :]
And don't worry I scored something equivalent... I am in luck I hope 
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 6, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #1,057 of 5,553
After wading through thiss thread, I have an H10 coming this week.
I've had many amps over the last couple years...some I wish I had kept
And some I couldn't wait to get rid of. Loved the woo WA2 and WA6. Hoping
The Gustard will contol the bass on my D7100's. Sounds like the hd650's
and HE500's will pair well.
Hibuck...

Apr 6, 2015 at 3:33 PM Post #1,060 of 5,553

A lot of people have tested the LCD-2's and HE-560's with the H10 :wink:. Search for those terms in the thread and I'm sure you'll find plenty of info.

To put it simply, the LCD-2 + H10 is a beautiful pairing imo.

Just picked up HE-560 at local shop and im a very happy audioholic now! I can listen w/o any annoying disturbing HF another half of my collection like Trilok Gurtu, Terje Rypdal, Jan Garbarek, e.s.t. - Esbjorn Svensson Trio, God is an Austronaut and others! 
Thats amazing cans especially with H10. So smooth, clear and natural sound! Will consider to buy some tube amp. Hope they deserve Woo!

LCD2 are great cans but bright for me as TH900 for some bright music..  But anyway I will now save for LCD2/3 to finalize my collection.. ^)  

Apr 7, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #1,061 of 5,553
Burn-in begins on Thursday!  Especially looking forward to hearing the HE500's with this amp.
Hibuck...

Apr 7, 2015 at 8:36 PM Post #1,064 of 5,553
So people here using the gustard stack would say the x12 is in a different level than the bifrost?

Apr 7, 2015 at 9:45 PM Post #1,065 of 5,553
The bifrost uber is a fantastic dac. Comparable to to the higher schiit stuff. The uber makes a huge difference.
I have a regular bifrost and the uber I heard was MUCH better than my Bifrost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back