First step into audiophile territory
Jul 1, 2009 at 9:24 AM Post #31 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by blawhh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PL50
biggrin.gif

Yes, thanks.
confused.gif

Anyone? Does the RE0 work with Electronic, Trance or a similar genre?

Jul 2, 2009 at 3:44 AM Post #32 of 99
Well Belabor, I made the step my RE0 are posted (very fast I must say).
I will let you know what my findings are about dance, trance, electronic when it arrives
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 2, 2009 at 7:02 AM Post #33 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by maniac2003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well Belabor, I made the step my RE0 are posted (very fast I must say).
I will let you know what my findings are about dance, trance, electronic when it arrives
smily_headphones1.gif

Thank you. Appreciate it.
wink.gif

I've heard there are some who have bought the RE0 as an upgrade for their NE-7M or UHP336. They should post their thoughts in a few days, so I'll just wait for those. I'm not in a hurry, I'm only able to pay for the RE0 in 4 to 5 weeks, because that's when my holiday-job starts.

Jul 2, 2009 at 10:00 AM Post #34 of 99
I have my Omar S and Claude VonStroke (techno) Fabric CD's ripped at 320kbit/s ready and waiting to give my soon to be arriving RE0's a workout.
Shall also rip Commix and LTJ Bukem (Drum n Bass) and Tayo (Breakbeat) Fabric.live CD's and will report back with all findings.

Enough bass for you?
wink.gif

Jul 2, 2009 at 10:07 AM Post #35 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by timmyGCSE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have my Omar S and Claude VonStroke (techno) Fabric CD's ripped at 320kbit/s ready and waiting to give my soon to be arriving RE0's a workout.
Shall also rip Commix and LTJ Bukem (Drum n Bass) and Tayo (Breakbeat) Fabric.live CD's and will report back with all findings.

Enough bass for you?
wink.gif

I'm not familiar with those artist, actually. Will give them a listen.
I'm more of a mainstream artist listener. Everybody knows the Prodigy, Pendulum, Fatboy Slim etc. My daily music collection is so small, I only use about 500MB's of space. But I remove and add music almost weekly.

I'll be waiting for your experiences with the RE0. I'm excited to hear how they sound with your music (with or without an amp).

Jul 2, 2009 at 1:08 PM Post #36 of 99
well fabric is a techno/dnb/breakbeat nightclub in London and its like no other club - 400 bass transducers underneath the main dancefloor tuned to turn the human body into a speaker..more people = more volume..500+ people in the dacefloor, amazing stuff. Love fabric

Anyway, they have their own record label and these artists make mixes for them, I guess these DJ's are big in the 'club scene'

I got my Fiio 5 today, the difference it makes to my JVC FX66's is stunning...

Jul 3, 2009 at 5:06 PM Post #37 of 99
I've come across something which might interest those who are looking for a set of IEM's, like me.

techPowerUp put up a review of the Maximo IM-590's.
techPowerUp :: Maximo iM-590 iMetal Earphones Review :: Page 1 / 4

They are fairly positive about them, but the interesting thing is this: they find the IM-590's braided cable very microphonic. Head Direct has also changed their RE2/RE0 cable's to this type, which would be a reason for me not to buy them. I will be using my IEM's on the move, and something like a microphonic cable is definitely something i don't want in my situation.

Any thoughts?

Jul 3, 2009 at 5:21 PM Post #38 of 99
The Maximos have been reviewed on here before (see here).

While the microphonics may be bad, there are many things you can do reduce/eliminate them. The worst microphonics of anything i've owned were on the Lenntek Sonix, but they dissapeared almost completely if worn over-the-ear with some Phonak cable guides and a shirt clip. Therefore, I don't think microphonics alone would personally deter me from an IEM I otherwise like. YMMV though.

Jul 3, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #39 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by Belabor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they find the IM-590's braided cable very microphonic.

frown.gif
hope that it's not the case with the RE0. Well we'll see when I get them (hope soon, they are dispatched july 2nd).

Edit:
Quote:

Head Direct has also changed their RE2/RE0 cable's to this type, which would be a reason for me not to buy them. I will be using my IEM's on the move, and something like a microphonic cable is definitely something i don't want in my situation.

Cable is microphonic, the shirt clip can reduce this a bit.

First experience

Jul 20, 2009 at 4:03 PM Post #40 of 99
Bumping the thread for some more help.

I've been on a short holiday to Germany last week and my job starts next week, so I'm almost ready to make my decision on which IEM to buy.

I've pretty much decided on the Head Direct RE0. I've heard good things about them concerning electronic and rock, which are my favourite genres. I'm also planning to buy a Fiio E5 to provide my Sansa Fuze with some extra power, and a little bass boost could be useful as the RE0's bass is just about average. I'm even considering installing RockBox on my Fuze when it has been officially released.

I'm just asking for some last impressions and thoughts on the RE0. I've also heard about the new Denon C710, but with shipping rates of over 50 dollars, it's not worth the money. So, if anyone wants to share anything about the RE0 or has alternatives for a similar price, please do.

Jul 20, 2009 at 6:07 PM Post #41 of 99
On my D2 I changed to EQ from flat to Rock, and tuned it a bit. Bass is much better now, it's got a nice full sound. I'm really happy that I bought the RE0's

Jul 21, 2009 at 1:27 PM Post #42 of 99
Quote:

Bumping the thread for some more help.

I've been on a short holiday to Germany last week and my job starts next week, so I'm almost ready to make my decision on which IEM to buy.

I've pretty much decided on the Head Direct RE0. I've heard good things about them concerning electronic and rock, which are my favourite genres. I'm also planning to buy a Fiio E5 to provide my Sansa Fuze with some extra power, and a little bass boost could be useful as the RE0's bass is just about average. I'm even considering installing RockBox on my Fuze when it has been officially released.

I'm just asking for some last impressions and thoughts on the RE0. I've also heard about the new Denon C710, but with shipping rates of over 50 dollars, it's not worth the money. So, if anyone wants to share anything about the RE0 or has alternatives for a similar price, please do.

Anyone else who has thoughts on the RE0 or a similar IEM? I would appreciate any type of information which could help me decide for the RE0, because I'm still a little bit afraid that I will buy something I don't like. But that's my general feeling when I buy something from the net.

Jul 22, 2009 at 12:38 PM Post #43 of 99
I'm going to bump this thread one more time. I've just received my first paycheck, and that means I will have the money for the RE0 in exactly one month.

Is the RE0 good for Rock and Electronic? Is there any other IEM at a similar price point which would be better for these genres? I am looking to stay under $100, but I wouldn't mind paying $10 more. I'm also looking to use my first IEM's everywhere I go, so they have to be durable.

Jul 22, 2009 at 12:49 PM Post #44 of 99
As I said, with some EQ'ing Rock, Dance, Trance sounds very good to me. But I don't know how the RE0 will react to your player. (Mine is a D2 with D2+ firmware)

Jul 22, 2009 at 3:46 PM Post #45 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by maniac2003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As I said, with some EQ'ing Rock, Dance, Trance sounds very good to me. But I don't know how the RE0 will react to your player. (Mine is a D2 with D2+ firmware)

Precisely. The D2/D2+ has a very good equalizer, so tweaking the sound to your tastes really isn't an issue. If the OP is using something with a useless equalizer, like an iPod or a Sansa, this wouldn't be a viable option.

That said, I use the RE0 for Rock/Metal without EQing, especially on sansa clip, and it sounds great. If you want some added warmth and a bass boost, you could pick up a Fiio E5 on the cheap (I don't even bother taking my E5 anymore though. Used to the cold sound I guess).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back