Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Feb 8, 2013 at 4:44 AM Post #2,672 of 6,413
I'm sorry, but do you not read things over when you're confused? the Brochure that you find the bass port in also has information saying the bass port is optional. Also, on the Aurisonics Facebook page, when they mentioned the price of the ASG-2, a line or two below it states the price for the optional bass port. And technically, all time after NAMM ended is after NAMM......so this still falls into that time. I'm sorry it's not as fast as you were hoping. Do you want them to sell something they cant possibly fill orders for for a very long time? I am not trying to be rude, but almost every question you've ever asked has been within the previous 5 pages or on the Aurisonics Facebook page. 

I don't know if Vlooienuker is too far off the grid here. I'm not a regular follower of Aurisonics & I'm keen to find out more about the ASG-2 myself. Now although there's pockets of information here & there it's quite sporadic that really only dedicated Aurisonics followers can keep track of. I found the PDF from here despite me being a follower of them on Facebook but again, with the quantity other Facebook posts, that gets buried too. Yes some may say that I need better management of information but if a maker/retailer is selling something, wouldn't they want to make the information as easily accessible as possible?

In a sentence, why isn't the ASG-2 on the Aurisonics products web page?

On the other hand, if the ASG-2 information is purposefully released in such manner to prioritize Aurisonics followers on Head-Fi before it's open to the rest of the general public, then I'm happy to shut up until its released to the greater community.

P.S. I'm still trying to find the ASG-2 price.

Feb 8, 2013 at 5:03 AM Post #2,674 of 6,413
ASG-2 - Standard frosted clear finish, clear cable, silicon tips, clear waterproof case $499

Upgrade options are all special order and will be built in our custom production queue. This increases the delivery time over the standard off-the-shelf ASG-2 by up to four weeks. 

Add Adjustable bass port $70
Add Black cable $10
Add Black screws $6
Add Chrome cover and polished shell $200
Add 24K Gold cover and polished shell $250
Add Black Rhodium cover and polished shell $300
Add 2000 series padded black case $14

Above were posted on their fb page on December 5, 2012.

Feb 8, 2013 at 5:36 AM Post #2,675 of 6,413
Thank you Sopp. Interesting that the ASG-2 & ASG-1S are the same pricing (base at least).

Much appreciated.

Vlooienuker, yes the ASG-2 PDF specs is in their Facebook page. But looks like pricing was posted 2 months before.

Feb 8, 2013 at 6:36 AM Post #2,676 of 6,413
Quote:
ASG-2 - Standard frosted clear finish, clear cable, silicon tips, clear waterproof case $499

Upgrade options are all special order and will be built in our custom production queue. This increases the delivery time over the standard off-the-shelf ASG-2 by up to four weeks. 

Add Black cable $10
Add Black screws $6

Thanks! Sorry, did not see that. Also, how much is the stealth finish? And without the bassport, the ASG 2 will sound like the bass port is set to the middle right?

Feb 8, 2013 at 6:45 AM Post #2,677 of 6,413
Quote:

Add Black cable $10
Add Black screws $6

I think some of their customatization is great, but honestly, I really don"t like the principle of some art doubling the price of your IEM. So you are paying 50% for sound quality and 50% for looks.

Feb 8, 2013 at 8:17 AM Post #2,678 of 6,413
take a look here, that's all we really know about this http://www.head-fi.org/t/606471/aurisonics-impressions-reviews-discussions-thread/2280#post_8931341
Quote:
Thanks! Sorry, did not see that. Also, how much is the stealth finish? And without the bassport, the ASG 2 will sound like the bass port is set to the middle right?

If you want information on what that'll sound like, here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/606471/aurisonics-impressions-reviews-discussions-thread/2280#post_8931772

So the Auriosonics website order page for the AS-1 says Stealth is $250 USD. This probably will be the same price for the ASG-2. They have to do the same amount of work for it. 

Feb 8, 2013 at 8:56 AM Post #2,679 of 6,413
Quote:
Pretty sure the word, "Awesome" will come to mind.

Did anyone else actually click the link to the ASG-2 brochure? I was in for a huge surprise http://www.aurisonics.com/media/AurisonicsASG-2.pdf

I saw it, so what's the surprise, tunable bass port already knew about.

Feb 8, 2013 at 9:13 AM Post #2,680 of 6,413
Did you know what it would look like though? I had no idea they would even consider putting in on the front. But now it also has notches to tell how you're tuning it
Quote:
I saw it, so what's the surprise, tunable bass port already knew about.

Feb 8, 2013 at 9:26 AM Post #2,682 of 6,413
Very funny soundbear. Cant people just be excited that they released some information and a fairly good reason for a delay?

Quote:
Wow, perhaps it should be put into a rare artifact museum!   Or perhaps a church so it can be worshipped properly!

Feb 8, 2013 at 9:34 AM Post #2,683 of 6,413
I have a feeling that this is part of why the last thread got shut down. I think everyone needs to step away and come back later.

Personally I'd rather they make the updates and tweaks before they send them out - instead of asking for people to send them back in. It's hard to be patient and I completely understand this but Aurisonics has shown time and again that they want to put out a quality product. I've worked in a small business and I understand and appreciate what they do.

Feb 8, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #2,684 of 6,413
+1

@Vlooienuker I'm sure you don't wanna send a product back to the USA, It's rather easy for me being in the US to send in IEM's to them but I don't really wanna do it anyways. When they're ready to ship and sell more then I'm sure we'll all be happier with the final product
Quote:
I have a feeling that this is part of why the last thread got shut down. I think everyone needs to step away and come back later.

Personally I'd rather they make the updates and tweaks before they send them out - instead of asking for people to send them back in. It's hard to be patient and I completely understand this but Aurisonics has shown time and again that they want to put out a quality product. I've worked in a small business and I understand and appreciate what they do.

Feb 8, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #2,685 of 6,413
So about them black screws that I complained at for being 10 bucks more than the regular ones..

Black screws cost an additional $10 on the customs that I ordered but only $6 on the generics. I know it's only a couple bucks but its stupid to charge people more for the exact same thing just cuz you purchase it for a different product. Spending a couple bucks (literally just 4) isn't a big deal, just think the business principal is whack.

Unless the custom's black screws are able to change the bass vent through telekinesis :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back