Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Feb 7, 2013 at 9:53 AM Post #2,656 of 6,413
Black Chrome is cheap. I've talked to Dale about it. It's apparently darker black than the Black Rhodium and cheaper too since it's just chrome. Didn't mention the price though, but I would assume since it's chrome it's either the same price as chrome or a slight bit more for whatever they have to do for it to be black chrome. I was definitely told that it was cheaper than the Black Rhodium though. 
Quote:
I was debating what I wanted to do with my 1.2's but now I suppose I might upgrade to the 1.3. It will be pretty awesome to have 3 different models to compare
smily_headphones1.gif

I'd ask Dale what the cost is for the black chrome but I have a feeling I don't want to know, lol.

It's not easy to figure out if they are changing the ports on the customs, but time will tell. I'm sure for consistency they might eventually change to the new port. But we can't be sure just yet. The picture in the brochure seems different than the old shell. I assume this is a glimpse into what the new shape is.
Quote:
I'm not sure they were planning to change port styles on the customs also.  It would disrupt the work put into the plates, and as Dale said earlier about the tuneable ASG-2s, they didn't have room for both the bass port and the ambient port.

Feb 7, 2013 at 10:17 AM Post #2,657 of 6,413
It's funny - I've had my set of PFE's back from a warranty exchange for a month or so and haven't opened the box.

I did have to use my 1.2's on the treadmill last weekend at the hotel (funny enough around Baltimore) and was glad I had them since I forgot my normal rig at home. I only wish I had taken more tips.

Feb 7, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #2,658 of 6,413
So I'm not sure I'm following, the G-2 is being delayed due to the last minute inclusion of a new valve? Does this affect all models? Or is this just an optional add on? Just curious as to what's prompting the delay

Feb 7, 2013 at 11:29 AM Post #2,659 of 6,413
It's an optional add on for the g-2 as you call it. But they are trying to fill sale orders first, then the contest winners, then the NAMM orders, so they need the valve parts to do those orders. 
Quote:
So I'm not sure I'm following, the G-2 is being delayed due to the last minute inclusion of a new valve? Does this affect all models? Or is this just an optional add on? Just curious as to what's prompting the delay

Feb 7, 2013 at 12:34 PM Post #2,660 of 6,413
Ah okay, thanks for clarifying. And yeah I'm on an iPad, G2 is a little easier to type lol

Feb 7, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #2,661 of 6,413
Gah, this anticipation for the ASG-2 is killing me. I do hope there is a different coloring option besides the frost, the yellow hue that grows on it after a while is a bit disappointing. The black from the brochure looks amazing.

It'd be awesome if someone did a shoot out between this and other 1+2 hybrids (i.e. Tralucent, UM, etc).

Feb 7, 2013 at 4:27 PM Post #2,662 of 6,413
Does anyone know if the stealth finish for ASG-2 was available during pre-order?  And how much was it?  I did not see it on the FB post about ASG-2 pre-order.  I wish I did not miss the chance to order it.  I only order it with the standard finish.

Feb 7, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #2,664 of 6,413
Quote:
OMG! Just release the damn thing already, the anticipation is just killing me and I just cant wait to get these... Just a bit worries on the price... Please be a good price and please sound good!

I think the problem here is supply and demand. If you were able to order now and didn't get the IEM after 2 months I think you'd be more annoyed

Feb 7, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #2,665 of 6,413
We already know the price of the ASG-2.....What you worried about? 
Quote:
OMG! Just release the damn thing already, the anticipation is just killing me and I just cant wait to get these... Just a bit worries on the price... Please be a good price and please sound good!

Feb 7, 2013 at 10:32 PM Post #2,667 of 6,413
I'm sorry, but do you not read things over when you're confused? the Brochure that you find the bass port in also has information saying the bass port is optional. Also, on the Aurisonics Facebook page, when they mentioned the price of the ASG-2, a line or two below it states the price for the optional bass port. And technically, all time after NAMM ended is after NAMM......so this still falls into that time. I'm sorry it's not as fast as you were hoping. Do you want them to sell something they cant possibly fill orders for for a very long time? I am not trying to be rude, but almost every question you've ever asked has been within the previous 5 pages or on the Aurisonics Facebook page. 
Quote:
Well when they extend it and add more features to the IEM itself, most likely they price will rise unless they make it optional. And wasnt it supposed to be released after NAMM? 

Feb 7, 2013 at 11:00 PM Post #2,668 of 6,413
Quote:
I'm sorry, but do you not read things over when you're confused? the Brochure that you find the bass port in also has information saying the bass port is optional. Also, on the Aurisonics Facebook page, when they mentioned the price of the ASG-2, a line or two below it states the price for the optional bass port. And technically, all time after NAMM ended is after NAMM......so this still falls into that time. I'm sorry it's not as fast as you were hoping. Do you want them to sell something they cant possibly fill orders for for a very long time? I am not trying to be rude, but almost every question you've ever asked has been within the previous 5 pages or on the Aurisonics Facebook page. 

My mistake, going to check out their fb page...

Feb 8, 2013 at 1:26 AM Post #2,669 of 6,413
Everyone just be a little bit more patient. We are closer than most of you realize. Also, some of you are forgetting that Aurisonics is a pristine boutique Made-In-America company. What does this mean? Well, the company doesn't have a gazillion technicians to push the products out like gum drops. The process to make these IEMs is very hands-on by a few (very highly trained) technicians. I've talked to Dale not too long ago. As I've known him to be from the first day I met him, he's taking his time to tweak some things and put out the best products possible for his clients/customer's enjoyment and satisfaction. A little bit more patience is required.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back