Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Feb 8, 2013 at 10:25 AM Post #2,686 of 6,413
I'll give you that. Usually I dont have a problem with the extra charges from Aurisonics. The fact of the matter is that the regular non-black screws are standard, deviating from that means more time spent on the product, which costs money. That's the reason for the extra charge, but I do agree it would be nicer if it was even $8/$6 for customs/generics. $4 seems just a little silly, but I'm sure they have a reason for it. I don't think anyones gonna be like......"hm, these CIEM's are already $1200 (or so),......WAIT A MINUTE!!! $4 more for black screws than generics?!?!? F@*& this, I don't want even want the AS-2's anymore" I don't see that happening quite often, though if you wanna make a youtube video of you doing that, I'd really enjoy watching it.
Quote:
So about them black screws that I complained at for being 10 bucks more than the regular ones..

Black screws cost an additional $10 on the customs that I ordered but only $6 on the generics. I know it's only a couple bucks but its stupid to charge people more for the exact same thing just cuz you purchase it for a different product. Spending a couple bucks (literally just 4) isn't a big deal, just think the business principal is whack.

Unless the custom's black screws are able to change the bass vent through telekinesis
tongue.gif

Feb 8, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #2,688 of 6,413
Yeah, but that wasn't the point...he was referring to the same screws costing more on their CIEMs than on their universals. And fanboy or not, that's a little silly.

Feb 8, 2013 at 2:49 PM Post #2,690 of 6,413
Quote:
The point isn't about the ridiculousness of charging more for black screws but charging almost twice as much for those same screws used in a different product. Anyway, last I'll write about this- it's really not a big deal to me.

Ok so regarding the black screws: most of the cost isn't even from the screws itself it's for the extra administration work they need to do to get the screws onto the ASG-2. The thing is it takes more work for Aurisonics when people order the black screws since it isn't just your basic ASG-2 order. I'm not sure if it's enough extra work to warrant a price tag of $10 but that was how Dale explained it to me

Feb 8, 2013 at 3:13 PM Post #2,691 of 6,413
Quote:
This is why the screws on the AS-2 don't cost the extra $10 because they are already made to customer specifics therefore no extra work is really involved. I'm not sure if it's enough extra work to warrant a price tag of $10 but that was how Dale explained it to me.

I'm a bit confused by your post- it seems that your post is saying that black screws aren't more expensive on the as2s- can you restate what you're getting at? thanks

Feb 8, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #2,693 of 6,413
I also feel the same... $6 for screws and what $250 for a black cover? Seriously? Like honestly, I love the aesthetics of the ASG 1/2 and stealth and black rhodium do indeed look the best but for the price just for aesthetics is just too steep. I see myself only going for he frosted one since I feel I'm not paying an addition $250 for aesthetics but the sound instead. Just the black cable with frosted white might look weird but if I dont get it, the cable and IEM will turn different colours over time and it actually looks gross to have that yellow tint on your IEM. I love Aurisonics but they really need to release cheaper options for aesthetics so its a more viable option for users with a tighter budget.

Feb 8, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #2,695 of 6,413
It's $250 for the plates and painted shell. And it would suck if they turn different colors. I like the black cable though, I'd get it on a frosted set anyways. I don't see why it matters what color the part that is hidden in your ear looks like, it's all a bit silly. Maybe Aurisonics charges less for the Stealth plates and no paint on the shell. Those looked good. 
Quote:
I also feel the same... $6 for screws and what $250 for a black cover? Seriously? Like honestly, I love the aesthetics of the ASG 1/2 and stealth and black rhodium do indeed look the best but for the price just for aesthetics is just too steep. I see myself only going for he frosted one since I feel I'm not paying an addition $250 for aesthetics but the sound instead. Just the black cable with frosted white might look weird but if I dont get it, the cable and IEM will turn different colours over time and it actually looks gross to have that yellow tint on your IEM. I love Aurisonics but they really need to release cheaper options for aesthetics so its a more viable option for users with a tighter budget.

They are definitely premium products. I think the AS-1 is priced perfectly though, It's got a great sound to it and it's not an expensive CIEM. I've been using them almost exclusively since I got them and they're a real joy to use. AS-2's are definitely more expensive for a reason though. It takes more parts and time to build them, $300 more isn't a bad deal for what you're getting. If you wanted aesthetics on the cheap, it would've been best for you to get them during the sale
Quote:
Aurisonics is like the Versace of the headphone world. So whether or not that's a good thing is up to you.

Feb 8, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #2,696 of 6,413
Quote:
It's $250 for the plates and painted shell. And it would suck if they turn different colors. I like the black cable though, I'd get it on a frosted set anyways. I don't see why it matters what color the part that is hidden in your ear looks like, it's all a bit silly. Maybe Aurisonics charges less for the Stealth plates and no paint on the shell. Those looked good. 
They are definitely premium products. I think the AS-1 is priced perfectly though, It's got a great sound to it and it's not an expensive CIEM. I've been using them almost exclusively since I got them and they're a real joy to use. AS-2's are definitely more expensive for a reason though. It takes more parts and time to build them, $300 more isn't a bad deal for what you're getting. If you wanted aesthetics on the cheap, it would've been best for you to get them during the sale

So in total it would be $760 for the ASG 2 with Stealth and a black cable? A bit steep for me. $500 is right.

Feb 8, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #2,697 of 6,413
Quote:
Aurisonics is like the Versace of the headphone world. So whether or not that's a good thing is up to you.

And the items are worth it base on what I've seen and heard of the various products. It's like high-end ear jewelry almost, with the sound to match!

Feb 8, 2013 at 9:44 PM Post #2,699 of 6,413
Quote:
I think Heir is the company to associate with jewelry :wink:.

Heir ----> jewelry 

*waits for Heir to be able to do diamond faceplates
*request the shells to be made of solid gold

Make a matching his/her pair of CIEMs=best wedding present ever :D.

Feb 8, 2013 at 9:44 PM Post #2,700 of 6,413
Quote:
I think Heir is the company to associate with jewelry :wink:.

When I see Heir, I see wood and art; it's beautiful.  The options Aurisonics offer are definitely jewelry (24k gold, black rhodium, etc.); it's also beautiful.  My personal opinion anyway :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back