Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Feb 8, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #2,702 of 6,413
Quote:
I think Heir is the company to associate with jewelry :wink:.

Why can't there be room for more than just one? Different kinds of jewelry. Okay, Heir has that "wood thing" going! 

Feb 8, 2013 at 10:03 PM Post #2,703 of 6,413
Quote:

Why can't there be room for more than just one? Different kinds of jewelry. Okay, Heir has that "wood thing" going! 

They do a whole lot more than just wood my friend :wink:. I guess IMO I'd equate Heir more so with jewelry lol. Just how beautiful their artwork is. I don't think I've seen another IEM company outclass them in that aspect. When I look at ASG it looks more rugged/durable like it could take a beating...
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 8, 2013 at 10:49 PM Post #2,704 of 6,413
Quote:
They do a whole lot more than just wood my friend :wink:. I guess IMO I'd equate Heir more so with jewelry lol. Just how beautiful their artwork is. I don't think I've seen another IEM company outclass them in that aspect. When I look at ASG it looks more rugged/durable like it could take a beating...
bigsmile_face.gif

OK, not just wood, but I don't really see jewelry, I see art in front of me.  Skill of a very special hand at work.  

Feb 8, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #2,707 of 6,413
Quote:
Is Heir just as durable as Aurisonics? They both look rugged but I dont be throwing a Heir earphone around like I could with an ASG. 

Outside the flush cable connections, I definitely would say yes.  

Feb 9, 2013 at 12:04 AM Post #2,708 of 6,413
You would i guess, I think that you won't find much wood jewelry in high-end jewelry stores, but you will find gold.
Quote:
I think Heir is the company to associate with jewelry :wink:.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Solid gold is malleable. Aurisonics can do gold plating though, shells and plates. And I believe I read at one point for the ASG-1 launch that they were working on diamonds on the plates.

Scoreboard:
Aurisonics: 1  |  Heir Audio: 0
Quote:
Heir ----> jewelry 

*waits for Heir to be able to do diamond faceplates
*request the shells to be made of solid gold

Make a matching his/her pair of CIEMs=best wedding present ever :D.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I agree ShotgunShane. I am proud to own Aurisonics products and support an American run business. And they make a great product. Awesome sound with great looks. Now if only I could afford myself a nice mustang and then get Aurisonics to make me matching CIEM's.
Quote:
I think of American muscle cars of the 60's and 70's with Aurisonic aesthetics.

There is, there always will be competition and that's good. Heir does have the wood thing going for it, I give you that one. 
Quote:

I think one picture would've been sufficient. This is an Aurisonics thread, not a Heir Audio thread. That being said, I think we've begun to see some more customizations Aurisonics may be doing in the future with some of the plates we saw from NAMM. Anyone else notice the "94" plates?
Quote:
bigsmile_face.gif

[Pictures]

I think that's questionable. Heir Audio products are audiophile products. Aurisonics makes products meant for working musicians. They use different materials for the shells, their is no way they the same durability.
Quote:
Outside the flush cable connections, I definitely would say yes.  

Feb 9, 2013 at 12:05 AM Post #2,709 of 6,413
Quote:
Is Heir just as durable as Aurisonics? They both look rugged but I dont be throwing a Heir earphone around like I could with an ASG. 

I'm not really sure. The comments were more so based on looks as I really don't know if the ASGs are as durable as they look lol or if the Heirs are as fragile as they look :p. I'm pretty sure both are durable enough within reason (I wouldn't run it over with car to test it out though lol).

Feb 9, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #2,710 of 6,413
Quote:
I think that's questionable. Heir Audio products are audiophile products. Aurisonics makes products meant for working musicians. They use different materials for the shells, their is no way they the same durability.

Heir Audio uses acrylic.  Acrylic is used by Westone and (if I'm not mistaken) UE, Frogbeats, etc.  Westone and UE are made for musicians.  Audiophiles still need durable material, as do musicians.  Musicians can also use Heir Audio too.  

Quote:
I'm not really sure. The comments were more so based on looks as I really don't know if the ASGs are as durable as they look lol or if the Heirs are as fragile as they look :p. I'm pretty sure both are durable enough within reason (I wouldn't run it over with car to test it out though lol).

Not really entirely based on look.  Also feel, heft, and any problems I ran into.

Feb 9, 2013 at 12:12 AM Post #2,711 of 6,413
Quote:

I know the material used for the housings of the ASG-1.  I am not allowed to disclose it though.  Heir Audio uses acrylic.  Acrylic is used by Westone and (if I'm not mistaken) UE, Frogbeats, etc.  Westone and UE are made for musicians.  Audiophiles still need durable material, as do musicians.  Musicians can also use Heir Audio too.  

Not really entirely based on look.  Also feel, heft, and any problems I ran into.

Actually from what I've heard, there are also Musicians that do indeed use Heir Audio IEMs. So that is nothing new. I don't now how durable the Heirs are as I'm still waiting on my own personal pair. I should know by early next week hopefully. They use [size=12pt]Hypoallergenic , Hard Acrylic shells.[/size]

Feb 9, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #2,712 of 6,413
I thought it was common knowledge that it's some sort of high-end material for a 3D Printer that is safe for extended contact with human skin. It was mentioned when Aurisonics responded on here about the tools they use to manufacture the CIEM's and IEM's. Not really sure what musicians actually use Heir Audio products, but I am gonna make a quick assumption it's fewer than the amount that use Aurisonics, which I believe is still a small number (but growing)

Quote:
Heir Audio uses acrylic.  Acrylic is used by Westone and (if I'm not mistaken) UE, Frogbeats, etc.  Westone and UE are made for musicians.  Audiophiles still need durable material, as do musicians.  Musicians can also use Heir Audio too.  

Feb 9, 2013 at 12:27 AM Post #2,713 of 6,413
Quote:
I thought it was common knowledge that it's some sort of high-end material for a 3D Printer that is safe for extended contact with human skin. It was mentioned when Aurisonics responded on here about the tools they use to manufacture the CIEM's and IEM's. Not really sure what musicians actually use Heir Audio products, but I am gonna make a quick assumption it's fewer than the amount that use Aurisonics, which I believe is still a small number (but growing)

Quote:

What is that material, and how does it compare with acrylic in terms of durability?  You're making an assumption based on what has been marketed here (high-end material...  OK...  It's got a chemical hardness of...  well we don't know that unless we know the material).  I actually don't know which is stronger or more reliable...  I know what both companies use, just don't know which is more durable.  Please re-read my message, I retracted the statement, it should have read musicians used Westone and UE, both companies use acrylic, the same material Heir uses.

Feb 9, 2013 at 12:29 AM Post #2,714 of 6,413
Quote:
Actually from what I've heard, there are also Musicians that do indeed use Heir Audio IEMs. So that is nothing new. I don't now how durable the Heirs are as I'm still waiting on my own personal pair. I should know by early next week hopefully. They use [size=12pt]Hypoallergenic , Hard Acrylic shells.[/size]

I am aware of what Heir uses, as well as Aurisonics.  Acrylic is really a standard for customs (as well as silicone).  What Aurisonics uses is a different material though, a very interesting choice indeed though :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back