Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Feb 3, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #2,626 of 6,413
I'm a lightweight at technical speak too :)  so no worries there.

The fatiguing of the 200's is the worst part for sure. Too bad really, but maybe it requires some brain burn in to be comfortable. I do find the ASG's to be very comfortable for long periods of wearing, and i can have them at lower volumes which is a big plus.

Glad your liking the ASG's as much as i am.

Feb 3, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #2,627 of 6,413
Has anyone been able to get in contact with Aurisonics in recent weeks? I have tried their contact page and email address but no response. I'm interested in the ASG-1S and would like to understand what the difference is with the ASG-1. Both in price and in looks, SQ.

Feb 3, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #2,628 of 6,413
Chrome plate and polished shells for the ASG-1S while frosted plate and shells for the ASG-1. User jrkong has the ASG-1S's and had the ASG-1 before that. He's the guy to know things about them besides Aurisonics.
Quote:
Has anyone been able to get in contact with Aurisonics in recent weeks? I have tried their contact page and email address but no response. I'm interested in the ASG-1S and would like to understand what the difference is with the ASG-1. Both in price and in looks, SQ.

Feb 3, 2013 at 11:52 AM Post #2,629 of 6,413
Quote:

Ok differences between the ASG-1 and ASG-1S:
  1. aesthetics, polished shell and chrome plates (I'm fairly sure you can get different plates)
  2. drivers: the drivers are hand picked and matched apparently only 1/100 meet the standards
  3. sound: the bass is toned down a bit so the overall sound signature sounds a bit more balanced then the ASG-1, I also found it let the treble shine just a bit more 
  4. they are also hand built and tuned by Dale 
The ASG-1S cost $499.99 so $200 more then the original ASG-1 which is pretty much the same price it costs to get the chrome and polish aesthetics for the ASG-2 during the preorder sale. So if you were planning to get aesthetics anyways it might be a good idea to get the ASG-1S.

Feb 3, 2013 at 12:10 PM Post #2,631 of 6,413
You can always order the ASG-1S via their website. 
Quote:
Thanks jrkong. And now I would like to order :wink: But how if no one is responding? Do you have tips of how to get in contact?

Feb 3, 2013 at 3:08 PM Post #2,633 of 6,413
Feb 4, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #2,635 of 6,413
Doesn't look like you can from their website. 
Quote:
Can the ASG 2 be ordered yet?

Not sure if this was mentioned before, but Aurisonics will be at the NYC Meetup come April 20th. That's the weekend after the NY Audio Show. This will apparently be Aurisonics first Head-Fi event it attends and it should be a fun time to be an audiophile as well. More details here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/634922/official-ny-regional-spring-meet-april-20-2013

Feb 4, 2013 at 10:54 AM Post #2,636 of 6,413
Have been in contact with Dale. They apparently had server issues which is why my previous requests got lost in space. 

I'm not really interested in the aesthetics of the ASG-1S. Is the difference in sound quality worth the $200 compared to the ASG-1?

Feb 4, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #2,637 of 6,413
Having never heard the ASG-1 or the ASG-1S, but owning both the AS-1 and AS-2, I would guess that if you were not interested in aesthetics, the ASG-1S would not really be the best option. From what I can tell their is supposed to be a difference, and their is definitely a good sized range between the AS-1 and AS-2 that the ASG-1S could fall into, but if you are not interested in aesthetics, then you may be better off looking into the comparison between the ASG-1 and the ASG-2. 
Quote:
Have been in contact with Dale. They apparently had server issues which is why my previous requests got lost in space. 

I'm not really interested in the aesthetics of the ASG-1S. Is the difference in sound quality worth the $200 compared to the ASG-1?

Feb 4, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #2,638 of 6,413
Quote:
Doesn't look like you can from their website. 

Not sure if this was mentioned before, but Aurisonics will be at the NYC Meetup come April 20th. That's the weekend after the NY Audio Show. This will apparently be Aurisonics first Head-Fi event it attends and it should be a fun time to be an audiophile as well. More details here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/634922/official-ny-regional-spring-meet-april-20-2013

Sorry if I misunderstood but are they moving the ASG 2 to April? Wow...

Feb 4, 2013 at 11:43 PM Post #2,639 of 6,413
No, they are going to be at a Head-Fi official meetup. This is not gonna be a launch party or anything, it is just an event run and for head-fi members that Aurisonics is going to be attending as a vendor. They most certainly are not delaying anything till April. That would just be absurd and you wouldn't get that news from me if it was true.
Quote:
Sorry if I misunderstood but are they moving the ASG 2 to April? Wow...

Feb 5, 2013 at 2:48 AM Post #2,640 of 6,413
Quote:
No, they are going to be at a Head-Fi official meetup. This is not gonna be a launch party or anything, it is just an event run and for head-fi members that Aurisonics is going to be attending as a vendor. They most certainly are not delaying anything till April. That would just be absurd and you wouldn't get that news from me if it was true.

So when can we order it? And can anyone attend the meet up? Just walk in and listen to some head gear? Wish they had these in New Zealand :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back