DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 21, 2017 at 2:28 AM Post #2,731 of 22,021
Thanks for the quality photos @ExpatinJapan , loving that backplate!

Very stylish.

I heard on the grapevine a courier service might be visiting me early next week.

I wonder what it could be...

Jan 21, 2017 at 2:31 AM Post #2,732 of 22,021
This one sounds thicken after an hour of listen, so dont judge it from first impression. For my taste, I love x5iii more because it sounds warmer which suite with more genres than dx200 but it doesn't mean dx200 is bad. It's not that this DAP tend to have that dry sound. It just not warm which make it sound drier than some. From my perception, it have thick sound, nice seperating ability.

It may not fun to listen to overall music due to it not that warm but over all it worth all the penny you use to it.

In my opinion, dx200 and x5iii almost on the same level of perfomance' They just presence the sound in different ways. x5iii is sound less delicate than dx200 but not that far, combined with price per perfomance. x5iii is very tough choice to choose compare to this one

Jan 21, 2017 at 2:47 AM Post #2,733 of 22,021
  Interesting comparison Jamato against the wm1a. I think the 1a can sound leaner on the original settings, but could you put it on high gain, I realized the sound does get considerably fuller esp in the bass and mids. Looking forward to more impressions.

Unfortunately you can't do that on the EU volume capped version of the WM1A :-\

Jan 21, 2017 at 2:51 AM Post #2,734 of 22,021
Now we have UK availability the next question for me is is it worth upgrading from my dp-X1?

My two sd slots are great but not a deal breaker. I also have a dx100 - great sound but woeful UI and battery life.

SQ comparison dx200 vs dp-X1 most welcome! Would need to sell the Onkyo to fund dx200 purchase!!

As I still have my DP-X1 I'll be able to do side by side with the DX200 next week :)

Jan 21, 2017 at 3:00 AM Post #2,735 of 22,021

As I still have my DP-X1 I'll be able to do side by side with the DX200 next week :)

Looking forward to all comparisons. I would have preferred for iBasso to the have the mSD card hidden behind a flap of some sort aka Sony.
Dirt and grime will potentially give rise to problems long term.

Jan 21, 2017 at 4:28 AM Post #2,741 of 22,021
Finally some good pics, thanks Expatin:thumbsup:
Suppose Ibasso could do with hiring you as a photographer too, tho not having flashy pics and concentrating on other things might bring me the dream sound next week:grin:

Jan 21, 2017 at 4:46 AM Post #2,743 of 22,021
  nice to see you already got the dx200 sir damon @ExpatinJapan,
is it a review unit or some store in japan already got the stock? because i cannot seem to find one

I haven't seen them in Japan either. I hope they'll make it to upcoming shows in Japan next month.

Jan 21, 2017 at 4:52 AM Post #2,744 of 22,021
Finally some good pics, thanks Expatin:thumbsup:
Suppose Ibasso could do with hiring you as a photographer too, tho not having flashy pics and concentrating on other things might bring me the dream sound next week:grin:

Yep, and such wonderful music taste (Mezzanine being one of my favourite top 10 albums ever and VU & Nico being such a classic album in general) at the same time
biggrin.gif

Also curious about your opinion later on, as you have heard almost every dap out there...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back