DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 21, 2017 at 5:30 AM Post #2,747 of 22,021

The case of the missing case - a new Poirot story.

What are peoples favorite settings so far?
I have been following Mimouille's great posts.

I like a fairly neutral sound, I enjoy a good dose of amplification, body and detail.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is the Android music player on the DX200 and Mango. Mango would be a pure music software that we implement. So there are 2 distinct software systems on the DX200. - Paul

*I am wondering which one to use :)

Jan 21, 2017 at 5:38 AM Post #2,748 of 22,021

Same here, one slot and 64Gb = no go .... ...Really sorry to see such good specs/design ruined by a limited capacity (for me)... people should realize that a DSD or FLAC library is taking serious space. At least we should have the option to get a memory upgrade, if bigger modules are not available in large quantities.

+1000

Jan 21, 2017 at 5:48 AM Post #2,749 of 22,021

Same here, one slot and 64Gb = no go .... ...Really sorry to see such good specs/design ruined by a limited capacity (for me)... people should realize that a DSD or FLAC library is taking serious space. At least we should have the option to get a memory upgrade, if bigger modules are not available in large quantities.

+1000

Yeah, such a shame indeed. But this already has been mentioned many times (also by myself) of course
redface.gif

I picked up a LPG in the meantime and also ordered a 512gb sd card for that one, which costed me €210 extra.
Now, by the time the micro sd cards have come down in price I might get seriously interested in the DX200 again, or maybe even in the DX300 by that time
wink.gif

Still very interested in DX200 sq performance though, so that's why I'm keeping subbed to this thread in the meantime.

Jan 21, 2017 at 6:01 AM Post #2,750 of 22,021
dx200 seems very good , but using the AK/Onkyo trrs balanced mode makes it a 'no buy' for me , as all my cables are sony/hifiman/cowon trrrs-terminated

looks like 1a is the only contender standing in my 'what to buy next' search 
rolleyes.gif

Jan 21, 2017 at 6:13 AM Post #2,752 of 22,021
As there is no Playstore I think it would be useful if DX200 comes with Tidal and Spotify preinstalled. Any plans for that in later batches iBasso?

Also can anybody please tell me if I need an Android File Transfer or does DX200 acts like ordinary hard drive? I'm a Mac user. And does DX200 supports gappless play? Flawlessly?

Last question, firmware updates are done over wi-fi right?

Thanks

Jan 21, 2017 at 8:35 AM Post #2,756 of 22,021
Jan 21, 2017 at 9:04 AM Post #2,757 of 22,021

No need to get agressive right away, you have your needs, please understand that mine CAN be different.
You need Tidal, I don't, so I get that capacity is less of an issue for you if you're mainly after streaming. My need is beyond 300Gb, and 3G/4G network in my country is far from being good enough to stream hi-res.

You need coax out, I just need any output (optical or USB can do the job as well). And there are good alternatives in this pricebracket if you do not need the DAC capability (which I don't).

Unfortunately, UI can be improved/updated, memory can't, regardless of how good SQ can be. Unless manufacturers are getting smart enough to propose several capacities for a price (like for smartphones).

If you find your hapiness in this DAP, good for you, I'm not here on a crusade to discourage people, they're free to buy or not.

Oh I'm so sorry if I sounded aggressive, didn't mean to.
Anyways, yea definitely dx200 is not for someone who just wants a simple DAP to use by itself.

I know what u mean by 3G/4G, having lived in 3rd world countries

Honestly, if alll you want is a DAP to plug your headphones into, there are nice cheaper options. I currently haev DX80, which works very well for me, no internal storage but 2 SDcards (which, theoretically can go upto a total of 512GB right now, I'm sure 512GB microsd's aren't far). Other popular options include Shanling M1, Fiio X1, or X3 II or even X5 (honestly I can't see a reason to upgrade from X3 to X5 unless the sound is that much better in X5, at least on paper). The are all under $400 with some shanling being under $200.

Jan 21, 2017 at 9:06 AM Post #2,758 of 22,021

As I still have my DP-X1 I'll be able to do side by side with the DX200 next week :)

Oh, if you don't mind can you also include your impressions of the UI/UX part of the experience with both in comparison as well? (I'd like to know how they compare not just in their pure music mode, but also in using 3rd party apps like tidal or spotify). 

Jan 21, 2017 at 9:10 AM Post #2,759 of 22,021
Oh, if you don't mind can you also include your impressions of the UI/UX part of the experience with both in comparison as well? (I'd like to know how they compare not just in their pure music mode, but also in using 3rd party apps like tidal or spotify). 

Will do! There is a chance I could be delivered Monday my DX200 is just 20km away from me now :p

Jan 21, 2017 at 9:24 AM Post #2,760 of 22,021
Does it have any recommendation for using 'LOW' gain? I always use DX200 as the default setting ('HIGH' gain) without any changes.

Does anyone try to install apple music (APK) yet? Does it work? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back