Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon Now Available
Apr 14, 2015 at 12:10 AM Post #62 of 1,195
Now I need a balanced dac. Help me please . Has to be black to match.:)

Apr 14, 2015 at 12:15 AM Post #63 of 1,195
Ok, im done. Take my money please!,,

Apr 14, 2015 at 12:24 AM Post #65 of 1,195
hahah i saw the video but it didnt rly tell me much. got the sense maybe intimate forward presentation and more organic rather than analytical.

can anyone give a relative sound signature & presentation different against some other equipment (if against lyr 2 or wa7, that wld be the most helpful)

thanks

The Cavalli sound isn't forward.  It is intimate.  Intimate in the sense that your heart and soul are part of the music listening experience.  That's my take on what Currawong was implying in the video.  I also consider the Cavalli sound to be more organic than analytical.  The Cavalli sound also has a certain style of soundstage or presentation that really suits me for enjoyable headphone listening.

I haven't heard the Liquid Carbon so can't comment on its specific sound.  It is a Cavalli though, so I know I will like it.  I do have a Liquid Fire.  I'm looking for a solid state style Cavalli sound to pair with it.  Yin and Yang.  Hybrid and solid state.  The Liquid Carbon will fill that sonic need.

Apr 14, 2015 at 12:28 AM Post #66 of 1,195
I'm going to order one, even though I have never heard a Cavalli before, because people I trust have tried it and said it's excellent. 

It does seem like people are reacting like they can get a $2-3,000 amp for $599, though. I mean, if the Carbon costs a small fraction of what the other amps representative of "the Cavalli sound" do, then I have to ask myself how realistic it is to expect that sound out of the Carbon. 

Apr 14, 2015 at 12:32 AM Post #67 of 1,195
it would be better for me to stay away from these amp.
smily_headphones1.gif

It's all the more reason to jump in. 
biggrin.gif

The risk is that you'll find yourself wondering what does the Liquid Crimson sound like?  Or the little portable Cavalli?  You could find the Liquid Carbon to be a stepping stone to other Cavalli amps.

Apr 14, 2015 at 12:38 AM Post #68 of 1,195
Apr 14, 2015 at 12:42 AM Post #69 of 1,195
Apr 14, 2015 at 12:44 AM Post #70 of 1,195
Isn't the Gustard DAC too big a footprint for this amp?

Apr 14, 2015 at 1:19 AM Post #71 of 1,195
  The Cavalli sound isn't forward.  It is intimate.  Intimate in the sense that your heart and soul are part of the music listening experience.  That's my take on what Currawong was implying in the video.  I also consider the Cavalli sound to be more organic than analytical.  The Cavalli sound also has a certain style of soundstage or presentation that really suits me for enjoyable headphone listening.

so I was under the impression that forward is the opposite of distant. and distant is the same as laid-back. and laid-back is the opposite of intimate. so forward presentation and an intimate presentation means very similar things. other synonyms can include "engaging" or enveloping front-row sound stage rather than wide and distant back-row sound stage. or can be an increased frequency response in the presence range of 4-6khz that makes the music seem closer. Would tend to think more a warmer sound signature rather than a brighter signature when the term intimate is used.

Defining intimate as your heart & soul being part of the music doesn't really clarify anything about how this amplifier sounds to me.

could you please clarify how are you defining these terms and the differences in your mind between forward and intimate? thanks! :)

Apr 14, 2015 at 1:25 AM Post #73 of 1,195
Apr 14, 2015 at 1:49 AM Post #74 of 1,195
  I've been looking online with no luck. I've  never heard of an RSA balanced headphone output. What is it? What cable do you need?

It's one of three options on the output, Ray Samuels developed a balanced plug for portable gear, if you're not using it? You don't have to worry about it. Also included is a single balanced plug and a 1/4 in. for headphone outs.

Apr 14, 2015 at 1:59 AM Post #75 of 1,195

It's one of three options on the output, Ray Samuels developed a balanced plug for portable gear, if you're not using it? You don't have to worry about it. Also included is a single balanced plug and a 1/4 in. for headphone outs.

I've ALREADY ordered my RSA-based headphone cable from Double Helix. So, if I don't get in line in time for this amp, I'm going to be disappointed. :)

(My ALO RXMKIII-B+ (I hate typing that) also has an RSA balanced out. The one thing I don't like about it is that all the connectors are right-angle, where that's not so convenient for headphones.) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back