Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon Now Available
Apr 13, 2015 at 8:32 PM Post #46 of 1,195
It might not not be possible for the amp to get to Tokyo. This is mostly because there are only 3 in existence ATM and two of them are tied up, while the 3rd is committed to something.

I am building a few more protos before I build the final pre-production amps that will confirm that we can trigger full production.

Apr 13, 2015 at 8:37 PM Post #47 of 1,195
I'm willing to pay $799 or even more for a Cavalli amp like this.  And that's without having heard it yet.  So if I miss out on the first run it's no big deal.  I'll just order when the next run is available.  The downside to that is I'd have to wait longer before getting one vs. getting one in the first run.  The first run discount is nice, but is not a factor in why I want the amp.

Apr 13, 2015 at 8:37 PM Post #48 of 1,195

You might be blessed with Alzheimer's and never be a weisenheimer. The hobby makes sketchy schizophrenics of us all
biggrin.gif

I hear that, heck I'll take it.
smile.gif

On one hand I'm glad I'm not in the hobby, because it sucks in my opinion, but at the same time there are times I wish I was, at least casually.
This is too soon anyway, even if I needed an amp, I still have savings to do anyway even just to get new headphones. I just don't like being caught in a pay me now or pay me later situation, but that's the way it is. I always take the later and end up taking a pass anyway.

Apr 13, 2015 at 8:49 PM Post #49 of 1,195
  I hear that, heck I'll take it.
smile.gif

On one hand I'm glad I'm not in the hobby, because it sucks in my opinion, but at the same time there are times I wish I was, at least casually.
This is too soon anyway, even if I needed an amp, I still have savings to do anyway even just to get new headphones. I just don't like being caught in a pay me now or pay me later situation, but that's the way it is. I always take the later and end up taking a pass anyway.

Your paying to get into a line, half hearted and you couldn't wait if you had to. The Cavalli sound is worth the price of admission however, I'd pay a surrogate to hold a place in line
tongue.gif

Apr 13, 2015 at 10:01 PM Post #54 of 1,195
Spent quality time with it at Can Jam, if I hadn't just dropped a ton of money on stock I'd be in line in a heart beat! In my opinion Mr Cavalli is a true high end artist, we need more people like him designing for us headphone phreaks! He's a super nice guy too!

Apr 13, 2015 at 10:05 PM Post #56 of 1,195

Your paying to get into a line, half hearted and you couldn't wait if you had to. The Cavalli sound is worth the price of admission however, I'd pay a surrogate to hold a place in line
tongue.gif

Couldn't wait if I had to? Your kidding, I can wait for years. I waited and saved up for two years to get my speakers, I wait until the last year of software before I get it, I wait for anything. I have no problem waiting. I'm waiting to get upgrade headphones right now and it will be about 4 to 6 months I estimate and by then, I may not even need them so I won't have to worry, but I'll have saved up, so it's a win-win.
As for it being worth the price, it probably is, but my ears don't know that.

Apr 13, 2015 at 10:19 PM Post #57 of 1,195
The Cavalli sound is addictive.  Once you have it you end up needing more.  Which means you'll end up needing more Cavallis.

hahah i saw the video but it didnt rly tell me much. got the sense maybe intimate forward presentation and more organic rather than analytical.

can anyone give a relative sound signature & presentation different against some other equipment (if against lyr 2 or wa7, that wld be the most helpful)

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back