Campfire Audio Trifecta
Apr 15, 2024 at 5:30 PM Post #841 of 874
I am really glad to hear that!
To be frank, I am still struggling with Trifecta and have not experienced that WOW moment yet.
May be it's my brain/hearing have not processed information load from Trifecta, may be it's the foam eartips (still experimenting with it). I will give it few more weeks and see where it takes me! :)

Thank you for sharing your experience.
Try these songs, may help. I’m using Eletech Baroque tips, but the stock silicone are good too.

Apr 15, 2024 at 5:55 PM Post #844 of 874
I'll leave this one song as well, re watching the Sopranos last night reminded of it. I use Trifecta with this era of music as well (in addition to jazz and g-funk).

Living on a Thin Line is marvelous on Trifecta! Thank you for the suggestions.

I still think a little bit of ear tips experimentation is necessary on my side (I am a bit sensitive to treble with silicone tips at this moment).

Apr 19, 2024 at 4:21 PM Post #845 of 874
I would try DSEE Ultimate and Switch off dynamic Normalization
Final Update on Trifecta: Found the best eartips for me (with treble sensitive hearing).

After days of trying different tips and settings, I have found the one for me!
It's Eartune Fidelity U Ellipse-Shape Silicone Tips. This one absolutely bringing the best of Trifecta for me. I have found this idea on this post, page no 4 (https://theheadphonelist.com/review-campfire-audio-trifecta/4/).

I have tried SpinFit 360, Azla sednaearfit, HiFigo Divinus Velvet & bunch of other foam tips.Spinfit is 2nd best for me (even though I think Bass impact/soundstage both were compromised). If anyone is searching for the right ear tips -- hopefully above article helps.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Apr 19, 2024 at 4:37 PM Post #846 of 874
Final Update on Trifecta: Found the best eartips for me (with treble sensitive hearing).

After days of trying different tips and settings, I have found the one for me!
It's Eartune Fidelity U Ellipse-Shape Silicone Tips. This one absolutely bringing the best of Trifecta for me. I have found this idea on this post, page no 4 (https://theheadphonelist.com/review-campfire-audio-trifecta/4/).

I have tried SpinFit 360, Azla sednaearfit, HiFigo Divinus Velvet & bunch of other foam tips.Spinfit is 2nd best for me (even though I think Bass impact/soundstage both were compromised). If anyone is searching for the right ear tips -- hopefully above article helps.

Thanks for everyone's input.
SpiralDots standard are awesome for Trifecta I never changed them from day first!

Apr 19, 2024 at 4:45 PM Post #847 of 874
My choice for Trifecta is the Symbio W Symbio link
It provides perfect fit and isolation, keep the impact from the 3 DDs and deliver the hights in just the right amount for the Trifecta. Really recommend!

Apr 19, 2024 at 5:07 PM Post #848 of 874
My choice for Trifecta is the Symbio W Symbio link
It provides perfect fit and isolation, keep the impact from the 3 DDs and deliver the hights in just the right amount for the Trifecta. Really recommend!
Will try it out. Thank you. :)

Apr 20, 2024 at 5:08 PM Post #849 of 874
I’ve been very happy with my Trifecta + WM1Z setup; I was not looking to improve it in any way because everything I’d tried to change upset what seemed a natural, effortless balance one way or another. Until this.

IMG_4998.jpeg

Trifecta + WM1Z + NiceHCK GreenGod

Compared with the stock cable, it’s almost like a camera lens snapping into focus. Bass and mids are markedly more textured and focused, drops have more weight and density to them. It also has a transparent quality in how it cleans up the stage, makes layering and positional cues more defined without losing the tasty decay or otherwise compromising the Trifecta-1Z alchemy. It’s frankly quite addictive.

The GreenGod is part of a small batch of prototypes recently released by NiceHCK as part of their (relatively) higher end cable range. NiceHCK have been on form lately but even so, I hadn’t actually perceived this one to be one of their best ones prior to this, or expected it to play so well in this league. But synergy matters, and here it is on full display.

Main drawback is it’s offered in 2-pin only. Even with an adapter, I see myself reaching for this time and again with the Trifecta. And I don’t even like fabric cables. Seriously tempted to get it reterminated in MMCX. Even though most of the rest of my IEM collection takes 2-pin.

Apr 24, 2024 at 10:14 PM Post #851 of 874
Just found a way to transform the Trifecta in one of the best sound experiences I ever had: with the Beat Audio Orbit Saga 8 wire cable. Its mindboggling...

I left some impressions at the watercooler thread

IMG_3055.jpeg

Apr 24, 2024 at 10:51 PM Post #852 of 874
I also bought a nice cable for my Trifecta, the Fusion 1 that was in the classified!
The pairing is really good soundwise, but the colour matching is not great, if anyone here is willing to trade my Midnight Sky for any variant that is golden / yellow i would be super happy! I think it's even 33/33, so if you want it pm me. EU only.
The sound is sublime though, and the ergonomics of the cable are also very good (that was the main factor why i didn't go for a new Code24), so i'm fine as soon as they enter my ears.

PXL_20240425_024554529.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg

Apr 25, 2024 at 7:37 AM Post #855 of 874
Enjoy. Such a great feeling when trifecta’s sound enters your life for the first time!

Thank you so much. The trifecta is stroking my auditory senses in unspeakable ways... and I love it :flushed:

Currently listening with a simple humble set up: Caiyin RU7, stock 4.4mm cable and divinus velvet ear tips.
Listening impressions for the past 2 hours:
- It really does take a few songs to be adjusted to it's sound signature.
- The moment it clicked was when I was listening to the self titled Blink 182 album. I've been listening to this album for the past 20 years and the first thing I noticed was just how GOOD the drums sounded on the trifecta and everything fell in place after.
- The much touted wide soundstage with "headphone-like or holographic 3D-ness properties" is real.
- There is a surprisingly decent amount of detail.

Thank you dear wallet, your sacrifice was not in vain :nose::bow:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back