Campfire Audio Trifecta
Mar 25, 2024 at 2:16 PM Post #811 of 874
Check, check and check - I love all of those as well. Maybe get to know the Trifecta first? Raph is a great cable though; it usually lives on my Impact but makes the rounds once in a while. (From memory, I don’t think it particularly improved soundstage though - that was more likely the work of the Penon orange Liqueur tips).

If you’re a basshead, Divinus Velvet tips synergise exceptionally well for my tastes with all the Campfires I’ve tried them with, to the point that I’ve bought several boxes so I don’t have to keep swopping them around.

And it’s hardly a cable, but I’ve found that in terms of gear - any gear at all - to go with the Trifecta, absolutely nothing beats the WM1Z.
Absolutely; I'll be doing a lot of listening first with the stock cable!

I was already planning to buy Raphael anyway because I've really liked the impressions and reviews I've been reading; it sounds like something that would fit my tastes and go well with some IEMs I own (or plan to own!).
And then I saw a great deal here on the Trifecta and decided to get that too :)
So whether or not I pair the Raphael with the Trifecta, I'm sure the Raphael will get plenty of usage.
And judging from the speed at which used Raphael units sell in the Classifieds here, I don't think I'd have any problem selling it on in the unlikely case it didn't work out for me :)

However, back to the Trifecta. It's haunted my thoughts ever since I finally heard it at CanJam last year, and then of course there's all the fantastic impressions on here and the Watercooler thread..
I'm so excited to to finally get to have one of my own :)

Mar 25, 2024 at 6:01 PM Post #812 of 874
Absolutely; I'll be doing a lot of listening first with the stock cable!

I was already planning to buy Raphael anyway because I've really liked the impressions and reviews I've been reading; it sounds like something that would fit my tastes and go well with some IEMs I own (or plan to own!).
And then I saw a great deal here on the Trifecta and decided to get that too :)
So whether or not I pair the Raphael with the Trifecta, I'm sure the Raphael will get plenty of usage.
And judging from the speed at which used Raphael units sell in the Classifieds here, I don't think I'd have any problem selling it on in the unlikely case it didn't work out for me :)

However, back to the Trifecta. It's haunted my thoughts ever since I finally heard it at CanJam last year, and then of course there's all the fantastic impressions on here and the Watercooler thread..
I'm so excited to to finally get to have one of my own :)

Funnily enough I’ve been in such a similar boat to you. Heard Trifecta at CanJam last year and managed to get a good deal (late last year). Dealer I bought them from recommend Cadmus FE cable but super expensive and I didn’t particularly like it. Heard good things about the Raphael cable and have been waiting for the Versa connectors to come out. The UK dealer is just waiting for them to come in (any day now). I’m most likely going to be pairing it with Trifecta but I’ll also give it a whirl on my other IEMs (Legend X / Impact).

I’ve also got a WM1Z running NP firmware. I have to admit I don’t know much about the NP mods (despite living in the same city as Steve at NP audio). Is yours a hardware mod? Maybe I need to look into other mods!

Whilst I do like the WM1Z with Trifecta I do find the Sony brings out some glare in the treble that’s not there with my other sources. I’m hoping to smooth this out with Raph. WM1Z does do things that the other sources don’t though which is bring out a wonderful rich organic bass.

Doing some top rolling recently and I’ve said here I’ve preferred H570 for a while, but I read someone on here said last year they like Noble stock silicones. Been using them today and they are really great too.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2024 at 6:04 PM Post #813 of 874
Been loving a new album by psych rock band Samsara Joyride (The Subtle and the Dense) on Trifecta recently. The track “Who Tells The Story” is particularly awesome on this set :D

Mar 26, 2024 at 9:37 AM Post #814 of 874
Funnily enough I’ve been in such a similar boat to you. Heard Trifecta at CanJam last year and managed to get a good deal (late last year). Dealer I bought them from recommend Cadmus FE cable but super expensive and I didn’t particularly like it. Heard good things about the Raphael cable and have been waiting for the Versa connectors to come out. The UK dealer is just waiting for them to come in (any day now). I’m most likely going to be pairing it with Trifecta but I’ll also give it a whirl on my other IEMs (Legend X / Impact).

I’ve also got a WM1Z running NP firmware. I have to admit I don’t know much about the NP mods (despite living in the same city as Steve at NP audio). Is yours a hardware mod? Maybe I need to look into other mods!

Whilst I do like the WM1Z with Trifecta I do find the Sony brings out some glare in the treble that’s not there with my other sources. I’m hoping to smooth this out with Raph. WM1Z does do things that the other sources don’t though which is bring out a wonderful rich organic bass.

Doing some top rolling recently and I’ve said here I’ve preferred H570 for a while, but I read someone on here said last year they like Noble stock silicones. Been using them today and they are really great too.
Hey, have sent you a private message, as I didn't want to derail the thread talking too much about WM1Z mods etc :)

Mar 27, 2024 at 10:26 PM Post #815 of 874
Color and sound match is pretty great...
1000014584.jpg

Apr 6, 2024 at 12:38 PM Post #817 of 874
Questions About Trifecta -
Got mine less than 24 hours ago, paired with Sony wm1zm2, playing FLAC files (CD rips).
Before Trifecta I was listening to Oriolus szalayi & CFA Supermoon. Loved both of them. Oriolus szalayi with azla sednaearfit max ear tips & Supermoon with Type E.
However, I am a bit underwhelmed with Trifecta so far. I am finding treble too harsh, a bit more technical. There's a lack of sweetness of sound to my ear. In fact so far Szalayi is more musical and fun sounding to me. Am I missing something here?

Any ear tips recommendation? (using wide bore stock tips right now)
Any EQ receommendation in WM1ZM2? (have tried DSD & Vinyl with DSSE extreme on|off).

For the record I found Supermoon to be harsh at the beginning as well untill I moved to Type E ear tips. However, for Trifecta I get overwhelming Bass with Type E.

Thank you for kind feedbacks! Looking forward to it :)

Attachments

• 20240406_092821.jpg
    20240406_092821.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Apr 6, 2024 at 1:12 PM Post #818 of 874
Got mine less than 24 hours ago, paired with Sony wm1zm2, playing FLAC files (CD rips).
Before Trifecta I was listening to Oriolus szalayi & CFA Supermoon. Loved both of them. Oriolus szalayi with azla sednaearfit max ear tips & Supermoon with Type E.
However, I am a bit underwhelmed with Trifecta so far. I am finding treble too harsh, a bit more technical. There's a lack of sweetness of sound to my ear. In fact so far Szalayi is more musical and fun sounding to me. Am I missing something here?

Any EQ receommendation in WM1ZM2? (have tried DSD & Vinyl with DSSE extreme on|off).

For the record I found Supermoon to be harsh at the beginning as well untill I moved to Type E ear tips. However, for Trifecta I get overwhelming Bass with Type E.

Update:
1. CFA Foam Tips (Medium)
2. WM1ZM2 - DSD OFF, DC Phase On (Type-B Standard), Dynamic Normalization On, Vinyl Processor On, Equalizer 1K +2.0, 2K +2.0. Original Cable 4.4 Termination.

This sounds much much better for me.

Would love to hear your thoughts. Thank you.

Apr 6, 2024 at 3:25 PM Post #819 of 874

I use BGVP W01 tips plus a filter.

Apr 6, 2024 at 3:41 PM Post #820 of 874

Is it brand new? If so, it's gonna need some burn in. Mine has no harsh peaks. I'm using the Eletech Baroque tips which may help.

Apr 6, 2024 at 3:48 PM Post #822 of 874
Is it brand new? If so, it's gonna need some burn in. Mine has no harsh peaks. I'm using the Eletech Baroque tips which may help.
Thank you.. Adding that to Amazon cart :)

Not brand new... bought it from Head-Fi from a famous Head-Fi'er.

Apr 6, 2024 at 3:58 PM Post #823 of 874
Update:
1. CFA Foam Tips (Medium)
2. WM1ZM2 - DSD OFF, DC Phase On (Type-B Standard), Dynamic Normalization On, Vinyl Processor On, Equalizer 1K +2.0, 2K +2.0. Original Cable 4.4 Termination.

This sounds much much better for me.

Would love to hear your thoughts. Thank you.

Those settings will wipe your battery in no time. Bad times :frowning2:

I, like a good few here, find Sony sources the best for Trifecta though, so you are on a good path there…

I find that Acoustune AET07 tips work well at reducing the treble peaks.

I’ve recently bought an Electech Raphael cable to try and bring up the lower mids a touch and, in turn, lessen the effects of the treble. Only just got the cable in; but on first listen I feel it’s done just that…. More to follow

Apr 6, 2024 at 4:00 PM Post #824 of 874
Those settings will wipe your battery in no time. Bad times :frowning2:

I, like a good few here, find Sony sources the best for Trifecta though, so you are on a good path there…

I find that Acoustune AET07 tips work well at reducing the treble peaks.

I’ve recently bought an Electech Raphael cable to try and bring up the lower mids a touch and, in turn, lessen the effects of the treble. Only just got the cable in; but on first listen I feel it’s done just that…. More to follow

Thank you for your feedback. I will check out the tips. Will wait for more on the cable.

May I ask what's your settings on Sony WM1ZM2 then? Just direct output?

Apr 6, 2024 at 4:21 PM Post #825 of 874
Thank you for your feedback. I will check out the tips. Will wait for more on the cable.

May I ask what's your settings on Sony WM1ZM2 then? Just direct output?
No worries; by all means don’t go out and buy another cable until you’ve acclimatised to Trifecta. But I’ll be sure to comment once I’ve had more time with this cable.

I don’t have 1ZM2; I’ve got 1AM2 and 1Z. But typically, yes; I’ll only use direct output. I don’t feel the settings offer much worth given the extra battery drain. I’m more conscious about preserving the life of the battery over slight nuances I hear in the DSP effects. That said, I’ve been experimenting with Vinyl Processor a bit lately after reading an article by the guy that thought it up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back