Campfire Audio Trifecta
Apr 6, 2024 at 4:31 PM Post #826 of 874
Update:
1. CFA Foam Tips (Medium)
2. WM1ZM2 - DSD OFF, DC Phase On (Type-B Standard), Dynamic Normalization On, Vinyl Processor On, Equalizer 1K +2.0, 2K +2.0. Original Cable 4.4 Termination.

This sounds much much better for me.

Would love to hear your thoughts. Thank you.

I find that Divinus Velvet tips have good synergy with Trifecta and the rest of my Campfire collection, for my tastes at least. They tend to bring out the bass and lower mids a little more and smooth out the highs.

+1 for Raphael, but try tips and settings first. Mine’s a 1Z and I find the pairing is pretty much dialled in out of the box, much more than with any of my other sources.

Apr 6, 2024 at 4:32 PM Post #827 of 874
No worries; by all means don’t go out and buy another cable until you’ve acclimatised to Trifecta. But I’ll be sure to comment once I’ve had more time with this cable.

I don’t have 1ZM2; I’ve got 1AM2 and 1Z. But typically, yes; I’ll only use direct output. I don’t feel the settings offer much worth given the extra battery drain. I’m more conscious about preserving the life of the battery over slight nuances I hear in the DSP effects. That said, I’ve been experimenting with Vinyl Processor a bit lately after reading an article by the guy that thought it up

Got it... Thank you.. I will start trying direct output.. I think vinyl processing adds a bit old school/cassette tapes vibe (not sure if that makes any sense).. ha ha.

Apr 6, 2024 at 7:20 PM Post #828 of 874
Azla SednaEarfit Xelastex / Crystal are my goto tips together with Moondrop Springtips for 95% of my IEM's, with the Trifecta i only use the Crystals. The Trifecta is the #1 IEM where the fit is absolutely crucial...

Apr 6, 2024 at 7:31 PM Post #829 of 874
Azla SednaEarfit Xelastex / Crystal are my goto tips together with Moondrop Springtips for 95% of my IEM's, with the Trifecta i only use the Crystals. The Trifecta is the #1 IEM where the fit is absolutely crucial...

Thank you! I am definitely going to try out SednaEarfit Xelastex. Right now foam tips have taken the treble edge off for me.

Apr 7, 2024 at 1:44 PM Post #831 of 874
Yeah, i can't stand foam tips, but that's ok because i also like treble and i don't find the Trifecta too sharp.
Now I get it! Trifecta is slowly starting to win me over!!
Current setting:
1. Sony wm1zm2 - direct output 4.4mm terminal.
2. CFA Foam Tips (Fit is incredibly important).

I have ordered Azla SednaEarfit Crystals & HiFiGo Divinus Velvet Ear Tips. Will see if either one of them improve my experience. :)

Thank you all.

Apr 7, 2024 at 2:24 PM Post #832 of 874
Now I get it! Trifecta is slowly starting to win me over!!
Current setting:
1. Sony wm1zm2 - direct output 4.4mm terminal.
2. CFA Foam Tips (Fit is incredibly important).

I have ordered Azla SednaEarfit Crystals & HiFiGo Divinus Velvet Ear Tips. Will see if either one of them improve my experience. :)

Thank you all.
If you've been listening to more traditionally tuned iems for awhile, or right before you listen to Trifecta, it might take a few songs to get accustomed to Trifecta's presentation.

Once you get it, you either love it or you don't. I most certainly do!

Apr 7, 2024 at 3:41 PM Post #834 of 874
Campfire Audio Trifecta is good for electronic music?

May I ask, what's your current IEM is/are? If you are new to the hobby, I would suggest to go through some other IEM's before jumping into Trifecta. :)

Apr 12, 2024 at 10:45 PM Post #835 of 874
Update:
1. CFA Foam Tips (Medium)
2. WM1ZM2 - DSD OFF, DC Phase On (Type-B Standard), Dynamic Normalization On, Vinyl Processor On, Equalizer 1K +2.0, 2K +2.0. Original Cable 4.4 Termination.

This sounds much much better for me.

Would love to hear your thoughts. Thank you.
I would try DSEE Ultimate and Switch off dynamic Normalization

Apr 12, 2024 at 11:33 PM Post #837 of 874
Apr 13, 2024 at 1:34 AM Post #838 of 874
Honestly, get a planar for electronic music or something else (CP622B for example). The midbass is so much that electronic music gets bloated very fast in the midrange and the Trifecta is not a fast IEM. It can work, sometimes, but it's not ideal.

Apr 15, 2024 at 5:12 PM Post #839 of 874
Ok, I guess I am part of the group of people who got bitten by the “trifecta bug”. I just went to my dealer in NY - Audio 46 - and listened to it. I got curious after noticing how polarizing the opinions about this IEM are and I am actually searching for that freshness and that wow moment that we are all pursuing in this hobby.

Just so you understand where I am coming from, I am currently using the fantastic (for me end game in fact) Cayin N30LE with the Jewel and the Orpheus cable. To my ears this setup is an audiophile's dream of resolution , finesse, controlled power and clarity. To the point where all TOTL IEMs that I’ve been trying lately doesn’t impress me anymore because they sound VERY similar (with emphasis on different things but with a familiar and commercially safe tuning).

My desktop rig consists of the Abyss and a Nagra Classic Pre-amp. I doesn’t get much “better” than that right?

After inserting the Trifectas in my ears while standing in the counter of Audio46, it took a few minutes for my brain to adjust to the quantity of information bombarding my head. After 10 minutes, I decided to play NIN’s March of the Pigs from the Downward Spiral Album and boom, this electrical energy just invaded my brain and almost melted my eyes (lol, I’m really excited with this thing). I was immediately sold into this incredible IEM.

What actually convinced me to get it was an emotion quite different from what I usually experience with the standard hi-fi gear: All of a sudden I stopped to analyze the technicalities of the system and I was transported to the couch in the living room where I grew up, listening to my dad’s grownup stereo system, loud volume, just listening to the song, connecting with it emotionally, without separating frequencies or instruments or trying to close my eyes searching for the musicians in the room. And as a musician and an audiophile I MISS connecting to songs that I like as opposed to listening to beautifully recorded albums because they will show up what the gear can do. And that for me is pure magic! I was desperately searching for that connection. I won’t bother with measurements, curves, analysis, nothing. I trust what I am listening and it is just extremely engaging and exciting.

I don’t know how many of you had the opportunity to try this IEM paired with the N30LE (and the mandarin earplugs) but seriously, it is a unique musical experience. It is almost like the DAP works as a catalyst for this wild IEM, guiding it to a more emotional path, increasing its clarity and bringing the lower frequencies to a level of power and control that I don’t see everyday in a portable system. It is remarkable!

Will I be replacing my Aroma Jewel? No, but I was able to actually find something to add to my collection that brings a new form of interacting with my music collection and for that I am extremely satisfied. Thank you Campfire Audio for daring and trying to offer something different and unique!

Apr 15, 2024 at 5:18 PM Post #840 of 874
Ok, I guess I am part of the group of people who got bitten by the “trifecta bug”. I just went to my dealer in NY - Audio 46 - and listened to it. I got curious after noticing how polarizing the opinions about this IEM are and I am actually searching for that freshness and that wow moment that we are all pursuing in this hobby.

Just so you understand where I am coming from, I am currently using the fantastic (for me end game in fact) Cayin N30LE with the Jewel and the Orpheus cable. To my ears this setup is an audiophile's dream of resolution , finesse, controlled power and clarity. To the point where all TOTL IEMs that I’ve been trying lately doesn’t impress me anymore because they sound VERY similar (with emphasis on different things but with a familiar and commercially safe tuning).

My desktop rig consists of the Abyss and a Nagra Classic Pre-amp. I doesn’t get much “better” than that right?

After inserting the Trifectas in my ears while standing in the counter of Audio46, it took a few minutes for my brain to adjust to the quantity of information bombarding my head. After 10 minutes, I decided to play NIN’s March of the Pigs from the Downward Spiral Album and boom, this electrical energy just invaded my brain and almost melted my eyes (lol, I’m really excited with this thing). I was immediately sold into this incredible IEM.

What actually convinced me to get it was an emotion quite different from what I usually experience with the standard hi-fi gear: All of a sudden I stopped to analyze the technicalities of the system and I was transported to the couch in the living room where I grew up, listening to my dad’s grownup stereo system, loud volume, just listening to the song, connecting with it emotionally, without separating frequencies or instruments or trying to close my eyes searching for the musicians in the room. And as a musician and an audiophile I MISS connecting to songs that I like as opposed to listening to beautifully recorded albums because they will show up what the gear can do. And that for me is pure magic! I was desperately searching for that connection. I won’t bother with measurements, curves, analysis, nothing. I trust what I am listening and it is just extremely engaging and exciting.

I don’t know how many of you had the opportunity to try this IEM paired with the N30LE (and the mandarin earplugs) but seriously, it is a unique musical experience. It is almost like the DAP works as a catalyst for this wild IEM, guiding it to a more emotional path, increasing its clarity and bringing the lower frequencies to a level of power and control that I don’t see everyday in a portable system. It is remarkable!

Will I be replacing my Aroma Jewel? No, but I was able to actually find something to add to my collection that brings a new form of interacting with my music collection and for that I am extremely satisfied. Thank you Campfire Audio for daring and trying to offer something different and unique!
I am really glad to hear that!
To be frank, I am still struggling with Trifecta and have not experienced that WOW moment yet.
May be it's my brain/hearing have not processed information load from Trifecta, may be it's the foam eartips (still experimenting with it). I will give it few more weeks and see where it takes me! :)

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back