Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
May 11, 2010 at 2:02 AM Post #737 of 18,459

eek.gif
  Am blown away at that brilliant packaging. Amazing attention to detail. Best I have seen in a headphone by far. Enjoy DanC.
beerchug.gif

^^Yes, the case is included. All inclusive it is 945 + shipping

May 11, 2010 at 2:13 AM Post #738 of 18,459

Quote:
All inclusive it is 945 + shipping

You killed my dream. I thought its price is around $500 like HE-5
frown.gif

Bye bye LCD-2
triportsad.gif

May 11, 2010 at 3:13 AM Post #739 of 18,459

Quote:
By the time you realize the power and depth that these things can deliver in the note... right when you brace yourself for the impact the thing is already dancing away and moving onto the next note. So effortless. Like when Jet Li punches at a dude's face but then stops right before impact and the force of the punch blows the guy's hair back... yeah it's like that.

lol, thanks for the pics and impression. i can't wait..so when are they gonna start shipping to everywhere else besides cali??

May 11, 2010 at 5:25 AM Post #743 of 18,459

Quote:
I would imagine the congestion and loss of focus is the amp running out of gas.  Is that your impression?
Thx!

Oh Yeah, A Tubed affair wouldn't be my first choice...but at moderate levels I was surprised. Just can't source the current for dynamic demands. Curiosity demanded I try however, as many Headfiers will attempt the mating...I'm sure....

May 11, 2010 at 5:34 AM Post #744 of 18,459
The DNA sonnett is not a good match with orthos to my ears. Confirmed this at last year's CJ with my modded Yamaha YH-100s. Could barely drive them. Am not surprised at your finding Alan. 

I would aim for a tube hybrid if one is looking for a SS alternative rather than an all tube headamp simply cause most all tube headamps just don't have the current drive for orthos.

May 11, 2010 at 5:34 AM Post #745 of 18,459
Just some thoughts about the pricing of the Audez'e. For the amount of Musical information the Phone delivers, and the presentation of the delivery....it's VERY CHEAP! Several of the performance parameters haven't been approached before....not at this level....not at any time!

I know.....I know, sounds like Hyperbole. You just have to get off your dead ass and hear these!

May 11, 2010 at 5:37 AM Post #746 of 18,459

Quote:
Just some thoughts about the pricing of the Audez'e. For the amount of Musical information the Phone delivers, and the presentation of the delivery....it's VERY CHEAP! Several of the performance parameters haven't been approached before....not at this level....not at any time!

I know.....I know, sounds like Hyperbole. You just have to get off your dead ass and hear these!

QFMFT!!! I am scrambling to raise funds to afford these. Listening to my original TPs and its just not the same anymore I am afraid (hate to have to admit this cause i love the TPs). Sorely miss the LCD-2s 
frown.gif

May 11, 2010 at 5:39 AM Post #747 of 18,459

Quote:

Quiet! They might read this and lift the price!

:)

May 11, 2010 at 5:42 AM Post #748 of 18,459

Quote:
The DNA sonnett is not a good match with orthos to my ears. Confirmed this at last year's CJ with my modded Yamaha YH-100s. Could barely drive them. Am not surprised at your finding Alan. 

I would aim for a tube hybrid if one is looking for a SS alternative rather than an all tube headamp simply cause most all tube headamps just don't have the current drive for orthos.

Of course not! You know this..I know this... but someone with only one amp (tubed of course) is going to purchased these. AND they aren't going to approach the performance potential when they try......but the sensitivity of the phone is amazing. Yeah the leading edge transient was blunted and the stage was a few rows back...but I was still surprised! Really Sachu! Tell me something I don't know!!

May 11, 2010 at 5:49 AM Post #749 of 18,459

Quote:
Of course not! You know this..I know this... but someone with only one amp (tubed of course) is going to purchased these. AND they aren't going to approach the performance potential when they try......but the sensitivity of the phone is amazing. Yeah the leading edge transient was blunted and the stage was a few rows back...but I was still surprised! Really Sachu! Tell me something I don't know!!

Alan, it was meant for those who didn't know and was merely acknowledging your findings. 
tongue.gif

Now for something you don't know..LCD-2 with the Stacker 2!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

edit: Man does this new layout hurt my eyes.
angry_face.gif

May 11, 2010 at 5:55 AM Post #750 of 18,459

Quote:

QFMFT!!! I am scrambling to raise funds to afford these. Listening to my original TPs and its just not the same anymore I am afraid (hate to have to admit this cause i love the TPs). Sorely miss the LCD-2s 
frown.gif

Think about the times we live in. A time when you thought it can't get any better and OOP's...it gets better!
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back